• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pmoore66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CamScanner 05-15-2022 16.53.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_8553 (resized).JPG
IMG_3866 (resized).JPG
IMG_3865 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).JPG
IMG_3863 (resized).JPG
IMG_3862 (resized).JPG
IMG_3861 (resized).JPG
IMG_3860 (resized).JPG
IMG_3859 (resized).JPG
IMG_3858 (resized).JPG
IMG_3853 (resized).PNG
IMG_3856 (resized).PNG
IMG_3855 (resized).PNG
IMG_3854 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

There seems to be many of these around. There was a very nice one at the recent York, PA show.
I bought one for $60 maybe a year or so ago. It was in decent condition, but not nearly as good as yours or the one at York.
Sometimes you'll find them retrofitted with flippers. Otherwise, the gameplay isn't terribly inspiring, but it's a good looking machine.

#9 5 years ago

Yikes! Your comment about the head not folding down made me cringe.
I've come across more than one game over the years whose head was torn off by someone thinking that it just folds down!
Nice find, and interesting provenance.
Congratulations on your first EM, but don't judge EM gameplay by this game. Even in it's day it wasn't state of the art, but United sure had some good looking games.

#12 5 years ago

The button on the bottom is for knocking off credits. These games did not award replays for credits. You were paid off by the establishment, then the credits were knocked off until it was back to zero for the next player.
I have to find a link that I will post next.
A Pinsider named Steve Fury lovingly restored a similar machine; a United "Singapore". He posted a very well made video on YouTube, documenting the restoration and demonstrating the gameplay.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks, it was a very pleasant surprise the kids don't care at all about how basic the game is (these aren't all mine). My youngest prefer the Mexico to Doctor who!

That's so cool!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-a-1947-mexico?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.