By EvanDickson

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Heya.

I watched a video of HS2 play on the interwebs, and noticed that the upper flipper could be held in the video. On my machine, it flips and drops. I thought this was intentional, to avoid the situation of a shot coming from the bottom flipper and hitting the top flipper. Is my flipper, which drops immediately after the flip, correct? Or is the one in the video, that stays up after the flip, correct?

#2 9 years ago

Mine stays up after the flip

#3 9 years ago

Mine stays up after the flip as well. Maybe there is a setting? I can check for it tonight.

#4 9 years ago

all HS2 have the dual flipper contacts, but only the later ROM code uses it. I think after v2

#5 9 years ago

oh I didnt read that right. No, all flippers should hold. You probably have a bad secondary winding on that coil or the wire popped off the coil.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

No, all flippers should hold. You probably have a bad secondary winding on that coil or the wire popped off the coil.

That's what I was thinking

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

You probably have a bad secondary winding on that coil or the wire popped off the coil.

Interesting that it isn't machine-gunning in that case. I'm used to pre-Fliptronics flippers.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Interesting that it isn't machine-gunning in that case. I'm used to pre-Fliptronics flippers.

Funny you should say that. Mine is actually doing this but machine gunning and then dropping. Has no hold power. New fliptronics board, new coil and cleaned all contacts.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Funny you should say that. Mine is actually doing this but machine gunning and then dropping. Has no hold power. New fliptronics board, new coil and cleaned all contacts.

Is this the right side, If so is it the upper and lower that is machine gunning? I had this problem the other day for a few minutes. Powered on/off, still same thing. Powered off again, looked under playfield for loose connections, all seemed good. Powered back on and everything has worked fine. Gotta be a glitch somewhere....

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rkstarcher:

Is this the right side, If so is it the upper and lower that is machine gunning? I had this problem the other day for a few minutes. Powered on/off, still same thing. Powered off again, looked under playfield for loose connections, all seemed good. Powered back on and everything has worked fine. Gotta be a glitch somewhere....

Mine is just the upper right flipper. Lower two work fine. Mine is not going away though.

#11 9 years ago

So you checked the coil wires and everything was good? Diode was good (if it has one)?
Got another coil to swap in to see if that works?

1 month later
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

oh I didnt read that right. No, all flippers should hold. You probably have a bad secondary winding on that coil or the wire popped off the coil.

It was this. Took the coil out, and tested. The interwebs said to expect either 5 ohm or 160 ohm, depends on the two lugs under test. Got 5 ohm and infinity. Ordered a new coil from pinball life and installed it, and all is now aces.

Thanks pinsiders!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-upper-flipper-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.