New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 262306)

Getaway unlimited "Free Ride"

By fabsj82

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Slim64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Every 20 plus games or so my getaway will get stuck in a unlimited ball save situation. The free ride light is off but I could walk away and it would spit all balls all day long. If I turn the machine off and turn it back on it plays fine again. This is my first DMD game but that seems like a glitch in the software to me..... It came with L-2 ROM installed. Has anybody else ran into anything like this and what version ROM is the most popular? Thanks

#2 8 months ago

Are you sure it isn't a switch issue?

#3 8 months ago

put up the grand champ score so it will be hard to beat and then fix it.

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Every 20 plus games or so my getaway will get stuck in a unlimited ball save situation. The free ride light is off but I could walk away and it would spit all balls all day long. If I turn the machine off and turn it back on it plays fine again. This is my first DMD game but that seems like a glitch in the software to me..... It came with L-2 ROM installed. Has anybody else ran into anything like this and what version ROM is the most popular? Thanks

Latest Soren romset all the way for getaway, fixes the bugs in the game. L-2 had lots of issues. There's a thread running either here or on tilt forums where all the various bugs are discussed, but the ultimate answer is Soren's rom is the answer.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

L2 has the bug as you described. I personally prefer L5 or the soren code as mentioned is an option. Many like L2 since it says "Run the red" which was taken out with later code revisions.

#7 8 months ago

Thanks slochar and Slim64

#9 8 months ago

Looks like soren has been cleaning house

I noticed he pulled a bunch of threads down on tilt too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stevenson Ranch, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside