Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by topkat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have had issues with when a ball drains the trough was kicking a ball multiple times, so the display would say bonus until the ball registered correctly. After removing the apron and watching, it seems sometimes when the trough kicker kicks, the ball bounces off one of the balls in line and rolls back, and gets kicked again. I tested all the switches and everything registers. is it a problem with ejector kicker or do I need to bend one of the switches. I also have had 2 endless multi ball events and I don't know if thats related?

#2 5 years ago

To be clear so I understand are you saying the ball drains to the center, gets kicked into the trough and bounces back to the center drain repeatedly? If so this is a mechanical issue. Look that the trough metal isn't bent or warped or worn in some way. That would be my first approach. If you have another game with same parts you could compare. Check out the coil and make sure its the right sized one. Verify in the manual.

#3 5 years ago

So the call drains. Try’s to advance it toward shooter and when it hits another ball on line it bounces back. It rolls back over the metal hump on the trough
It’s the correct coil in the drain area..

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Try’s to advance it toward shooter and when it hits another ball on line it bounces back. It rolls back over the metal hump on the trough

Look at the ball trough walls. Is there a hole on each side near the middle ? If so you are missing a wire one way gate there.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

That was it. I don't know why I assumed this game didn't have it..thats an easy fix.
could this contribute to the Endless multi ball that can occur with free ride..where it just keeps kicking the balls into play?
thanks again

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

just keeps kicking the balls into play?

If the arm that kicks the ball to the shooter lane is anywhere near close to the last switch arm of the ball trough. Bend it over a little. If it hits the last switch going up or down will give you extra balls.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

The kicker arm def bumps the switch that sits right where the ball drains. Far left switch. I will bend that as well
Thanks

#8 5 years ago

ok thanks to the help here, I replaced the trough gate. Solved that ball issue... Now the only issue I haven't figured out (aside from the endless multi ball that can occur) is when a ball is in the right wire ramp lock and I drain, the machine starts kicking all the coils searching for a ball. It doesn't register that the ball is still in the lock ramp. I had had switch 74, which is one of the right wire ramps, pop up as a credit dot before, but when I test it it does activate when I roll a ball and then the credit dot is gone.
Is this a likely a physical issue with the switch arm, or is something not getting back to the boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-trough-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.