Getaway sound problem

By jonesin9999

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello All,
I have a getaway that has a u9 error. From the first boot of the machine there is the start up music playing after you hit the start button, as soon as you launch the ball it just hangs on either no noise, or kind of just a monotone continuous noise. It will remain that way through the rest of the ball launches in the game. Once the game is over and you start another one, first ball you get the beginning sounds playing while waiting to launch, then when you launch back to the same tone. Bad chip?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesin9999:

Hello All,
I have a getaway that has a u9 error. From the first boot of the machine there is the start up music playing after you hit the start button, as soon as you launch the ball it just hangs on either no noise, or kind of just a monotone continuous noise. It will remain that way through the rest of the ball launches in the game. Once the game is over and you start another one, first ball you get the beginning sounds playing while waiting to launch, then when you launch back to the same tone. Bad chip?

I know its basic, but did u check in your fuses...check your voltages on the power supplies(on the sound board) ...last time caps were replaced ( if ever)..

#3 2 years ago

I haven’t checked any fuses yet bc there was that u9 rom error. Threw me off. Ill check em out. Thanks.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesin9999:

I haven’t checked any fuses yet bc there was that u9 rom error. Threw me off. Ill check em out. Thanks.

I think there are three power supply voltages on that board...dont have the schematic in front of me...if it were mine I'd replace all the caps..and go from there as they're all pretty old at this point

#5 2 years ago

I found the schematics online. Ill check to see what the caps are and order some replacements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-sound-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.