Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1119 (resized).JPG
IMG_1107 (resized).JPG
#1 10 years ago

After changing out some bad insert bulbs on my Getaway HS2, I lowered the playfield and started a game. The game started but the plunger wouldn't shoot the ball. I noticed that the wires on the coil were hanging by a thread. I was sure this was the problem, so I re-soldered them but there was no change.The switches in the gear shifter are working and the fuse associated with the plunger looks ok too. It was working perfectly before so I'm thinking something got knocked out of place raising and lowering the playfield. Any ideas out there on what else I can check?

#2 10 years ago

Switch edge test, then coil test. Figure out which isn't working first.

Fuse looks okay is never enough. Pull and check with a meter.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Had the same problem a few months ago when I switched out my apron for a chrome one. Never figured out exactly what caused it. Fuse good. Coil not getting voltage. I tried reseating all connectors related to the plunger and it still did not work. Then I lifted playfield and tried looking for broken wires. Found none. Lowered playfield and plunger started working again. I'm sure problem will come back.Let us know if you figure it out .Are you getting voltage to your coil?

#4 10 years ago

Also there is a high current driver board under the playfield that delivers plunger coil power. Check connections there.

#5 10 years ago

"Problem Solved" I looked at the things you guys suggested and didn't have any luck. I looked at the fuses again and found F102 looked a little toasty. I changed it and all is well again. Originally I only looked at F104 which in the manual says corrosponds with the group of solenoids that includes the plunger. I'm thinking while changing bulbs with the power on something fried it. Thanks for your ideas.

3 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

Was just reading through getaway threads and thought this might help you for the future. F102 is for the right flipper power I believe and likely the plunger is wired up to J109-7 which F102 controls. I had the same issue and replaced the fuse to get plunger to work but only after figuring out the wiring was not as manual stated. see this thread for some additional info.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/calling-all-getaway-owners-i-need-some-pics

2 years later
#7 7 years ago

Couple problems with my Getaway HS2 related to this topic, can you help?.

(1) The shooter/launcher will not work.

Solenoid 12/Coil A-14789 Plunger Kicker will not work during Game Play or during Diagnostic Tests.
Coil circuit okay when I use a MM
Wire Continuity okay from J107 to Plunger Kicker solenoid
Fuse F102 is okay checking with MM

Does this mean it is probably the High Current Driver Board Assy? (see picture attached) It did not look burnt anywhere. How do I test that board or how do I determine if that is the cause? Or what other things should I check?

(2) Introduces Additional Ball into Playfield
Prior to the Plunger/Launch issues, the game would often put an extra ball into the shooter lane mostly during the first ball, game start.
Switches 55,56,57,58, and 78 all test okay during Diagnostics (did with and without a ball in each)
I found this wire (with a diode) cut (not attached on one end). It is soldered in a tab held down by a bolt near the ball trough and hole in the lower right of the playfield I believe near switches 56 Left Trough and 57 Center Trough (see picture attached--the wire with blue tape on it), where should the end of that be attached?

Thank you.

IMG_1107 (resized).JPGIMG_1107 (resized).JPG

IMG_1119 (resized).JPGIMG_1119 (resized).JPG

5 years later
#8 1 year ago

Hey, just adding my repair experience to "plunger not working". It was cold solder on the C-13509 board shown above. Strange that the plunger needs a dedicated board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-plunger-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.