Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Kingpin22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm having an opto problem that I'm hoping someone can help with. I moved my Getaway from the garage to the house and now the optos are not working. I get an error that says that I need to check Opto1, Opto 2, Opto 3...basically all of the optos. I checked the opto board and see that none of the LED lights are on. Should they be? Any ideas on what to try next? As a side note, some of my GI is out now, too. A seemingly random string of GI lights, e.g. top left sling, bottom right sling, bottom pop bumper. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 3 years ago

Yes,the lights on the Opto boards must be on.
Check the connectors first-reseat these on the opto boards and these on the Power Driver board.
Check the fuses on Power Driver Board too.
Measure +12v on test point at Power Driver Board.

#3 3 years ago

^check the fuses. start with power.

#4 3 years ago

I wanted to make an update, I was able to fix the opto issue. When I put the head down to move the machine, it pulled on some wires, causing one of the wires on the main power board to pop out of the connector. I pushed it back down with a small screwdriver and was able to get power back to those boards which took care of the problem. Thanks for giving me a place to start.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the update, we can all learn from random issues like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside