Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Moonshot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1360664462.png
    IMG_20190206_122123.jpg
    IMG_2657 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2656 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2655 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20190206_021603.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Weird problem! I don't have too many ideas what it could be, but there are a couple things you can try/check. Take a close look at the lamp row connectors on the driver/mpu board, they're at the bottom right. You'll notice 2 connectors, one with all 8 row wires, and another same-size connector with just 1 red/grey (row 8!) wire on it. I'm thinking, maybe you have the 1-wire connector installed one pin to the right, perhaps? That single wire on that connector should be plugging into pin 9. Make sure yours is plugged in properly! Here's a pic on my Getaway of the connectors I'm referring to. IMG_20190206_021603.jpgIMG_20190206_021603.jpg

If the connectors are definitely installed correctly, i would pull the connector with all 8 row wires and check for resistance of any sort between pin 9/row 8(red/grey) and pin 8/row 7 (red/violet) on the board and also check between the 2 pins on the female connector. Other than that, sounds like it could be a wire or diode touching something on row 7 or 8. These can be tricky to figure out...

Good luck!

#12 5 years ago

These guys pretty much spelled out the solution for you here! To help, here's a pic of the connector you'll need to make.
    IMG_20190206_122123.jpgIMG_20190206_122123.jpg

Green arrow is pointing to where the connector plugs in:

1360664462.png1360664462.png

Purchase a new 0.156 connector housing and trifurcon pin to attach the yellow/blue wire to (and crimp tool to attach the pin to the wire if you don't have one)... Parts are all available at Great Plains Electronics, Marco, and most other reputable pinball part suppliers.

#14 5 years ago

Glad it looks like an easy fix. If you haven't replaced a connector before, this will be a good chance to learn. You'll definitely run into connectors that will need to be re-pinned or replaced sooner or later, so it's a very valuable skill to have.

If you ever need any pics from my Getaway, let me know! Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-lamp-matrix-advice-needed?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.