3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20201008_214534 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I updated my firmware to L-5, and I have a problem.
    After starting the game, the top flipper is still active.

IMG_20201008_214534 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_214534 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I don't know much about the Getaway, but I'm wondering if you disconnected the ribbon cable in order to change the ROM ? I would first start by pushing in all connectors and ribbon cable around the fliptronics II board/ MPU board and make sure you didn't skip a pin if you removed and put a connector back in. I looked at something on my fliptronics 2 board just last night , and nudged the ribbon cable a tiny bit. I lost all power in my left flipper until I pushed all the connectors in tightly.

#3 3 years ago

I ran L-5 in mine for a short period of time and I will tell you, the flippers act differently. Check your cabinet switches as they could be wired in a way previous software wouldn’t care. With L-5 you should have the ability to control one flipper at a time whereas previously you were committed to both at the same time.

Not to burst your bubble but you might find yourself stepping down a software version. I actually found the light show on 5 to be lacking a little too.

#4 3 years ago

Searching around about that "2 state flipper" I found out that the right flipper button should have a "double leaf switch" that if you don't press in completely, only one of the flippers will move (L-5 only). My guess is maybe that 2nd switch is always closed and it was discarded in earlier ROM versions. This is supposed to allow you to hold a ball on the bottom right flipper , while still using the top right flipper.

Does the switch test show a permanently closed switch in the right flipper ?

Source : https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/My1fZznpQkI

Someone in there argues that this same behavior happens on ROM L-2 as well (last post). Either way ,the right flipper should have 2 switches and one seems closed.

#5 3 years ago

i installed the L-2 rom and it's ok.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from fly:

i installed the L-2 rom and it's ok.

Honestly I’d stick with the L2 and don’t look back. You aren’t missing out unless you feel an extreme need to cradle a ball or two on the lower flipper and make a jackpot. But at that point you can just hit the left orbit anyway.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-l-5-rom- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.