• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DML1001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12v reg7.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dml1001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hi again,

I am experiencing a new issue with my HS2 machine. The game was working fine for a few days after I fixed the ball lock, but now I am having an issue where all solenoids in the machine will just stop working. This has happened 3 times so far. Two were during gameplay where both flippers suddenly stopped working along with all other coils (when the ball drained, the solenoid never fired to kick it into the trough even though the switch was registering.

When I enter the debug menu while this is happening and begin the solenoid test, they don't work from there either. Not a single coil fires during the test. The only thing that works in the solenoid group is the mars lamp motor.

Rebooting the machine does not change anything. After a reboot the game still fails to ever file a coil for as long as the problem persists.

So far, this issue has resolved itself within 5-15 minutes. After a little, the game suddenly starts working again. I've entered the switch diagnostic menu, and everything there seems to be OK. All the expected switches are registering at any given time. If I poke the slingshots, I see the switch register but they do not fire. Same with the pop bumpers, etc...

While this is happening, I don't notice any other odd behavior with the machine. The dot matrix still behaves as expected, the mars lamp still works fine, and all the switches sounds and lights behave normally.

I'm guessing this is some sort of bad connection since the problem comes and goes. Can anyone suggest how to approach diagnosing this? I currently do not have the full wiring diagram for HS2, but I ordered it yesterday. I was unable to find it online after looking for a few minutes.

Thanks,
DML1001

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have my multimeter ready to go, and I will post here if I get the issue to happen and manage to check the voltage before it corrects itself.

7 years later
#19 2 years ago

Just noticed (7 years late) that I never posted the solution to this issue, just in case anyone else encounters the same problem. In my case, the problem was actually a faulty main power relay on the power driver board which would intermittently release momentarily, causing a loss of power to the solenoids and other system components. I eventually found this when it progressed and got much worse. I was able to replace the relay and repair the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dml1001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-issue-all-solenoids-intermittently-stop-working?tu=dml1001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.