Getaway4.jpeg
Getaway2.jpeg
Getaway3.jpeg
Ruler.jpeg
Getaway9.jpeg
Getaway7.jpeg
Getaway8.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

I'm about to start on restoring my Getaway (new cab, decals, etc.). There's some serious damage to the ground wires in the lower cabinet and places where it is completely missing. I'll be using all new ground wiring and will also have to fix or replace some of the other lower cabinet wires.

Can someone post some close up pics of the lower interior cabinet? For instance, the sides by the flippers and the mid to rear sides and the bottom transformer area?

I need to make sure I don't miss a ground connection anywhere.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

HEP has some shots: http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album355?page=4

At the end of this thread there are some good sites with pics:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repository-of-teardown-photos-by-game#post-1365518

I'd post some of mine but the ground braid has been so abused I think you're better off looking elsewhere...

#3 10 years ago

Thanks. It looks like there isn't a ground wire on the left side to the leg bracket. Is there one that runs from the right side and along the coin door to the leg?

#4 10 years ago

Can someone please post a pic of the inside front corners showing the coin door/flipper corners? Both sides.

Thanks!

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

In case anyone needs these pics in the future I thought I would add them to the topic as well.

Ruler.jpegRuler.jpeg

Getaway9.jpegGetaway9.jpeg

Getaway8.jpegGetaway8.jpeg

Getaway7.jpegGetaway7.jpeg

Getaway6.jpegGetaway6.jpeg

Getaway5.jpegGetaway5.jpeg

Getaway4.jpegGetaway4.jpeg

Getaway3.jpegGetaway3.jpeg

Getaway2.jpegGetaway2.jpeg

Getaway1.jpegGetaway1.jpeg

#6 10 years ago

Probably a stupid and off topic question, but what is the connected to the subwoofer in the HEP pics?

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album355/35_G

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Probably a stupid and off topic question, but what is the connected to the subwoofer in the HEP pics?

Not a stupid question at all! The front thing is an L-pad - basically a volume control that adjusts the volume going to the subwoofer while presenting a constant load to the amplifier.

The coil behind it is an inductor wired as a low-pass filter, so only the low frequencies go to the sub.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Not a stupid question at all! The front thing is an L-pad - basically a volume control that adjusts the volume going to the subwoofer while presenting a constant load to the amplifier.
The coil behind it is an inductor wired as a low-pass filter, so only the low frequencies go to the sub.

Woohoo! I'm not stupid! Thanks for the insight!

#9 10 years ago

Dave, I just noticed your flipper switch on the right (dual). Mine is just the standard replacement but yours looks different. Yours looks like it pushes against one leaf while pulling the backside leaf. Mine gives me problems so I plan on replacing it. Where did you get yours?

#10 10 years ago

DaveH (or any Getaway owner) - Any chance you can take a picture of the up/down ramp coils? Specifically, the terminals on the larger of the two coils. On my machine, there are three purple-yellow wires connected to one of the terminals. Two of the wires are thick and one is thin. The thin wire runs to a molex connector that attaches to the super charger wire harness connector. I can't believe this is correct. Does anyone know how this should really be connected.

Thanks for any help.

#11 10 years ago

I spot a red Mini Cooper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-interior-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.