image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image-241.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

Cab has good color. Shame it is banged up. Playfield looks like it will clean up nice. Getaway is awesome on a clean, waxed playfield - super fast! I applaud you for taking on the challenge. Look forward to more posts.

#33 9 years ago

Side art is killer. Could use some red but still awesome. The original art is lacking so like what you did. Maybe your airbrush guy can touch up the play field.

#64 9 years ago

Where is that ignition switch from?

#68 9 years ago

Ignotion switch looks great. Any plans for the shifter? A more realistic shifter knob would be perfect.

#94 9 years ago

Great stuff! Every update is so interesting. I love all your ideas!

#107 9 years ago

I wouldn't go too crazy with sharks and a bunch of crap painted everywhere. I love the midnight/black vibe - keep that going.

#137 9 years ago

The shift insert looks okay to me but I see what others are saying. Instead of replacing it, how about putting a tint over it? That seems a lot easier and you could light it up with a brighter led. The Ferrari looks awesome btw. Curious on what you are going to do with the rest of the game.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Finished the striping today to match and a little bit more work on the palms. And of course, a Magnum P. I. mustache!
IMG_3519.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_3518.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

The stache is epic! This is definitely my favorite thread in a while. Like the others said, doing something with the supercharger would be cool. I thought about painting mine black around the red lenses to give it a more 3D look. Ferrari's don't have a hotrod scoop like that, though. A police light bar or something like that might be an option but that would be a huge project in itself.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Yellow stoplight is now black. I have a list in my head of mods/changes. I want to do a mod to track the speed of the ball in the super charger and show it digitally on a speedometer. Apron will be custom. Probably will need to add some lighting effects. There are a couple ideas that are way out there, I mean way out there (at least for me).

Love the supercharger idea! Love the look you got going. Cabinet looks killer and playfield is coming along great. One more idea is to paint the sides of the cabinet or do custom blades to go with your new look.

#233 8 years ago

Toys look spot on with airbrushed art. Any cop cars or is that too many toys?

#253 8 years ago

Looking forward to updates especially with some parts on the playfield.

#258 8 years ago

So much awesome! This will be the finest Getaway on the planet.

#261 8 years ago

Beautiful! That's going to look amazing light up in the backbox. I would try to use color leds to bring out the sunset and lights.

#284 8 years ago

Those plastics look horrible. Obviously misaligned and horrible colors. How does someone approve that for sale with their name on it to pinheads obsessed with detail?

#290 8 years ago

Can't wait to see it put back together. It's going to be unvelievable!

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

If I had a Getaway I would mod the supercharger to have actual opening choke plates with LEDs behind them instead of those standard flasher domes protruding. The plates would open in sync with the lights flashing!!

Not sure that is a good idea. The flashers go on and off quite a bit and tied to pop bumpers.

#324 8 years ago

Sweet update. One thing - supercharger mode is not a multiball.

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So sounds like I should just take off the word multiball at the very least?

That's what I would do - just call it supercharger. Secret mania is an easter egg thing and only a novelty. Everything else is great.

1 week later
#363 8 years ago

Love the speaker panel and translite. The look is perfect. I also think you went the right direction with the supercharger. Black and chrome is killer. Have you thought about painting some of the plastics that are not lit - like the ones covering the supercharger loop ends?

#403 8 years ago

Stunning! Love how you kept it a Getaway yet transformed it into something new. The cabinet, translite, apron, and everything really come together well.

4 months later
#433 8 years ago

Best Getaway ever. Flat out awesome. Awesome pics make it look even better! Wish I could see it myself.

3 months later
#456 8 years ago

Wish I could check the game out in person. More videos would be the next best thing. Really like what you did. Love the idea of adding more sounds - especially to jackpots. I would prefer sticking to car sounds and police radio banter but that's just me.

#458 8 years ago

Sweet - more videos please!

2 weeks later
#468 8 years ago

Not sure about the Buford T Justice line but I like the changes. I think the added car sounds are great and really like having jackpot callouts. Love hitting that super jackpot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.