image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image-241.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Scanned the playfield today with the HP 4670. Thanks Steve for loaning me one. Super easy to use.

I didn't even know Steve owned one when I suggested it, but it seems obvious in retrospect that he would.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Another one showed up after the fact. They are like gremlins apparently.

Did you get them wet?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

My ignition switch and key arrived today. Looks like I have some work to do.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Do you have a tumbler?

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Maybe the pacific princess?

Needs a shark!

Also the cop needs to be saying something new for sure, but I haven't figured out what would be funny to swap it to yet. You should open it up to suggestions.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Are you suggesting a shoutout to Jaws with a dorsal fin or a shark eating the bridge?

Be funny if there was a shark poking its head out maybe. Might be hidden by the plastics etc though.

great-white-shark-smile.jpggreat-white-shark-smile.jpg

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Terry hates that I show the steps along the way. Personally, I really like seeing the progress of a project and the mishaps.

I love seeing the steps. Makes you appreciate all the work that goes into a final, polished product.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I wouldn't go too crazy with sharks and a bunch of crap painted everywhere. I love the midnight/black vibe - keep that going.

What if the sharks had lasers?

#122 8 years ago

That circle is going to look so much nicer hand painted than as a decal, that was the right call, glad that worked out. Can't wait to see how he does that car!

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Thanks! Knowing when to stop is proving to be as difficult as starting.

Always the challenge, no question.

If you can pop the insert and replace it with white it would look pretty rad. We could waterslide the text for that easy.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I just can't see taking the risk and having to do a repair to the art.

Yeah, not worth it. It looks fine, it will look much different when the game is back together and the inserts are all lighting up etc.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I know you mention in your first post that this is your personal therapy and enjoyment, but seeing the type of custom work that is being produced here got me fantasizing about how cool it would be if there were a business with a full crew doing custom restorations in a timely manner. Custom artwork on cabinets, coin doors, aprons, and playfields per the customer's request. Alternate translites, alternate plastic sets, and custom mods as part of the package. Although very expensive, after seeing projects like this HSII, I'm sure there are guys in this hobby who would pay through the nose for custom games. I doubt I could ever afford to pay for that type of service, but it would be cool to see within the hobby.

Someone definitely needs to make a matching translite for this game.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

The players perspective is not consistent on this playfield. Some areas the art is to be viewed from above and others straight on. Trying to avoid making the multiple perspectives more obvious.

Yeah, agreed. When you were asking me about some ideas it quickly became clear that very issue was something tricky to watch out for.

#201 8 years ago

Looking awesome man. I know you're gonna start sending me emails soon.

Can't wait to see the whole thing in person. Just get Coke instead of Pepsi first okay?

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Now why would I send somone who prefers coke over pepsi emails? I thought all my friends prefer Pepsi.

Look, you said you couldn't tell the difference once mixed with everything else, but you could. It's not my fault I have a refined palette.

On a related, but seriously off topic note, do you have the Death & Co book? I just got it, and now I need to seriously go shopping for ingredients.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have friends in huntington beach, so I may have to take you up on that offer.

Do it! I'll be there for sure, just let me know when.

#229 8 years ago

Going to leave the toys stock, or have them airbrushed up with extra paint?

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

More polishing is needed for sure. I think next time around I will be painting and clearing the hardware. Powder coat is not as refined and a little underwhelming.

I'm glad you sent me those cabinet pics for the logo before you got it so shiny, the reflections would be a bitch to deal with!

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Thanks for the positive comments. I hope to make some significant progress this weekend and will post pics.

I'm not sure I believe your story anymore about how anxiously you're checking your email sir!

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I replied at 9 am yesterday. Glad to see we are on the same page though thinking it weird that the other hasn't responded. I resent it.

Oh weird, I didn't get anything. Got your reply this morning though.

#263 8 years ago

No need for colored LEDs, my translites are really thick and saturated, they don't wash out when lit up. White LEDs will do all the work.

And just to head off any requests, this was a one off for Tim and his custom game, I won't be providing them to anyone else.

Can't wait to see the whole thing together in person man, was happy to be part of this one.

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It looks great! Does the art coincide with the flashers on the light board, or will those be custom arranged? I know there are helicopter flashers in the same area, but what about the headlight flashers?

Yeah, everything is mapped as much as possible to the flashers and lights. Some flex flashers could always angle things perfectly, and of course since this is a one-off moving the lights around is always a possibility too.

But I took a pic of the light board and overlaid it over the design as I sketched it out to keep things lined up with the existing lights as best I could.

I don't know the game that well, as far as how things fire off, so we'll see how it works out, and how much tweaking Tim wants to do.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Well in that case, maybe you could come up with a different design for HS2 to sell?

Not likely, don't want to step on Rick's toes. Original Williams/Bally properties are probably off the table.

This translite design used photos I don't have the rights to. Fine for a personal project, but I'd never sell someone else's work like that.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I was thinking more along the lines of the original ones that you have done, like Helen and such. Nothing copyrighted.

Right, but the Getaway name belongs to Williams/Bally. Even with original art I can get shut down for that. Which is why I had to have my Helen thread closed. Often as long as it's quiet it's no big deal, keep it to the forums. Rick obviously has a presence here, and I wouldn't try and get into his sphere.

Anyways, don't want to derail this. Just wanted to be clear that this was a personal commission for this game, and won't be offered for sale or anything like my other projects.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I guess we will have to make it a cocktail night for the official lighting ceremony.

Sold!

#283 8 years ago

Wow, that plastic looks terrible. I don't consider that acceptable quality at all, lame.

#302 8 years ago

I have black flipper bats with orange Titan rubbers on my Tron, and I really like the combination. I think it would look great with those colors there.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sweet update. One thing - supercharger mode is not a multiball.

I was going off of a card that Tim sent me, if there are corrections to the rules (which I don't know) I'd be happy to make them.

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The regular multiball doesn't really have an official name (Run the Red Light Multiball?). The other multiball is Redline Mania, which is the 5th Gear award. Super Charger is the 4th Gear award, but it's not a multiball.
There's also Secret Mania, which you might want to allude to on the card.
The cards and speaker panel look great! It's all coming together nicely!

So sounds like I should just take off the word multiball at the very least?

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I am going to use the prototype software which has a 2 ball multiball on 4th gear. It is less buggy for tournaments.

Ah, in that case I guess we're good then?

#332 8 years ago

I should add that Don did the clear coating, if anyone was interested in why his name was on the card.

#336 8 years ago

I wish someone would make white coin door reject buttons.

#339 8 years ago

Tim, you really need to post those Kiwi Terry playfields for people.

#341 8 years ago

The pictures don't do them justice, they're amazing in person.

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

A couple more progress steps were made this week. The translight is in and looking awesome. Thanks Aurich for all your hard work and a great afternoon.

Can't wait to see it in person all put together!

#389 8 years ago

Looks awesome Tim, can't wait to see it in person.

#414 8 years ago

You're discovering just how hard these translites are to photograph properly! They light up so pretty in person, but just a bitch to take pics of that look anything like reality.

You didn't squeeze early access to the color code out of Randy?

4 months later
#428 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Sorry about the photo bomber in this one

That same jerk totally photobombed my Photoshop file!

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

At least the colors of your translight look right!

That's true! I should get Steve to do all my translite photo shoots.

2 months later
#446 8 years ago

Also, I haven't even seen this pin in person myself yet. Just haven't had a chance to get over to Tim's, though he's been here a couple times recently.

3 weeks later
#462 8 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Why Tim , why ????
Ferrari ???
Lamborghini Man !!
See you later pal

Not that you're biased or anything.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat with you man, was good to see you briefly though, been too long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.