image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image-241.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 8 years ago

What an outstanding project! This is currently my favorite thread! I've done a few complete restorations and shared the progress on Pinside, but I've never had the guts to go "outside the box" like this. This is amazing!

I know you mention in your first post that this is your personal therapy and enjoyment, but seeing the type of custom work that is being produced here got me fantasizing about how cool it would be if there were a business with a full crew doing custom restorations in a timely manner. Custom artwork on cabinets, coin doors, aprons, and playfields per the customer's request. Alternate translites, alternate plastic sets, and custom mods as part of the package. Although very expensive, after seeing projects like this HSII, I'm sure there are guys in this hobby who would pay through the nose for custom games. I doubt I could ever afford to pay for that type of service, but it would be cool to see within the hobby.

Sorry, just daydreaming a little. Can't wait to see more progress.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone definitely needs to make a matching translite for this game.

I figured for this project it would be Aurich, and I'm looking forward to what he comes up with (for Aliens, as well), but my ramblings were about a full customization crew:

Art director, graphic designer, airbrush artists, cab repair/pf disassemble and reassemble guys, etc., etc. It would make for an interesting TV show, as well.

#174 8 years ago

Is there a link to any threads, websites, or pics of other custom jobs by Kiwi Terry?

#189 8 years ago

The next time I get a beat up B-title project, I'm seriously going to look into going all-out custom crazy!

What about this idea?...

Lots of guys use the under cab lighting (car collectors do it, as well), but what about inside cab lighting? Maybe trigger it to come on with the coin door? It would be cool to see a colored glow coming from inside the cabinet when you open the coin door or lift the playfield. Maybe mount an led strip on the divider and have it pointing toward the speaker/back of cab so it's not visible to the naked eye?

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

B-Title? la-dee-da.

I have nothing but love for HSII. It was the first DMD game I bought when I got back into the hobby 10 years ago. I've owned three of them, and I think it's a great game. It is a B-title, though, as it doesn't compete on the "wishlist" of collectors like AFM, MB, TZ, CV, MM, and others.

When I said "beat up B-title project," I meant no disrespect to this project, but there are a lot of very good B-title games that could use a makeover on cab art, alt translites, re-themes, etc., to make them even better.

This thread is a perfect example. After seeing what the op is doing here, if I got a WCS94, DM, JM, or FT that had a faded cab and worn playfield, I would consider a custom restore like this one before doing cab decals. That's all I meant.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I figured you would respond immediatley! I need encouragement.

Just got home and saw there were updates! Love it!

Any chance you or Kiwi Terry are heading up to PAGG in a few weeks?

#211 8 years ago

I hope you decide to come to PAGG, regardless. I'd love to talk about your project in person.

Any special plans for mods on the playfield? Chaning the yellow signal light to match the black signals you changed on the playfield? Proto mountain? Donut Heaven building?

1 week later
#265 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No need for colored LEDs, my translites are really thick and saturated, they don't wash out when lit up. White LEDs will do all the work.
And just to head off any requests, this was a one off for Tim and his custom game, I won't be providing them to anyone else.
Can't wait to see the whole thing together in person man, was happy to be part of this one.

It looks great! Does the art coincide with the flashers on the light board, or will the flashers be custom arranged? I know there are helicopter flashers in the same area as these new helicopters, but what about the headlight flashers?

#266 8 years ago

duplicate while editing the above

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

My CPR plastic set was exactly the same unfortunately (incorrect colour and misaligned).

How does that even get sent out like that?

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was going off of a card that Tim sent me, if there are corrections to the rules (which I don't know) I'd be happy to make them.

The regular multiball doesn't really have an official name (Run the Red Light Multiball?). The other multiball is Redline Mania, which is the 5th Gear award. Super Charger is the 4th Gear award, but it's not a multiball.

There's also Secret Mania, which you might want to allude to on the card.

The cards and speaker panel look great! It's all coming together nicely!

#327 8 years ago

Meant to edit, not double post

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I lost the inner spring to the gear shift and had to make my own. Thankfully it works and since the spring is stronger than the original it stays in place much better. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If Pinside had a "Best of Show" award, I nominate this project!

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The pictures don't do them justice, they're amazing in person.

They're amazing in pictures.

#364 8 years ago

Supercharger, translight, all coming together beautifully! Sigma ColorDMD? White or gray instead of the amber?

#400 8 years ago

Take good care of her! She's a beauty!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.50
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.