image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image-241.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 8 years ago

Looks amazing! Been reading in the background throughout the whole project!

I do have to ask what exactly is a buttkicker? Brand of subwoofer? Shaker motor? I'm confused

#402 8 years ago

Read the whole thread just now. This is top-notch work!

#403 8 years ago

Stunning! Love how you kept it a Getaway yet transformed it into something new. The cabinet, translite, apron, and everything really come together well.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz2180:

Looks amazing! Been reading in the background throughout the whole project!
I do have to ask what exactly is a buttkicker? Brand of subwoofer? Shaker motor? I'm confused

Buttkickers are primarily used in home theater and simulator applications. It essentially is an enclosed piston that creates a shaker motor like effect. A shaker motor can be programmed into a game or tied into a game feature. A buttkicker is tied to the sound. The result is you feel the sound and music of the game increasing the the overall experience.

#405 8 years ago

One of the most amazing pins I have ever seen! Simply stunning. It was a pleasure to see the game come together through your posts. Great work!

#406 8 years ago

ColorDMD just announced the color rom release for Getaway (it will be released june 12, 2015)

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ColorDMD just announced the color rom release for Getaway (it will be released june 12, 2015)

Perfect timing!!

#409 8 years ago

Just pure awesome, if William's made an LE version...it wouldn't be this stunning.

#410 8 years ago

Fantastic! I wonder if Steve Ritchie has seen this thread?

#411 8 years ago

Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL, restore!!!!

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Stunning! Love how you kept it a Getaway yet transformed it into something new. The cabinet, translite, apron, and everything really come together well.

Quoted from Mike:

Fantastic! I wonder if Steve Ritchie has seen this thread?

I didn't setout to retheme it as much as personalize it. Thanks for your appreciation. If Steve Richie sees this thread, I hope he gets at least a chuckle out of it. After all it represents how crazy people like me can be in this hobby.

#414 8 years ago

You're discovering just how hard these translites are to photograph properly! They light up so pretty in person, but just a bitch to take pics of that look anything like reality.

You didn't squeeze early access to the color code out of Randy?

#415 8 years ago

This one goes down history believe that!!!

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're discovering just how hard these translites are to photograph properly! They light up so pretty in person, but just a bitch to take pics of that look anything like reality.
You didn't squeeze early access to the color code out of Randy?

I haven't taken a single pic that looks good. Between the reflection of the glass and the translight I give up.

#417 8 years ago

This is just pure art. Amazing.

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I haven't taken a single pic that looks good. Between the reflection of the glass and the translight I give up.

Try a polarizing filter.

#419 8 years ago

love the black trim and all the custom work, so nice !!!!

2 weeks later
#420 8 years ago

I've been following this thread..I wish Steve Ritchie could see this..you have raised the bar for pinball restorations, Excellent work. As a car guy myself i think your attention to detail is spot on! Nice job man

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from bwodie:

love the black trim and all the custom work, so nice !!!!

Quoted from bendaug:

I've been following this thread..I wish Steve Ritchie could see this..you have raised the bar for pinball restorations, Excellent work. As a car guy myself i think your attention to detail is spot on! Nice job man

This is what I wish Stern's LE's would be like. One of the nicest restores I've seen!!!

3 months later
#422 8 years ago

Continuing to tweak and enhance the project. I just added the LED OCD board and went with cool white gi lighting. I added lighted flipper buttons and slings.

Pinsound board has shipped and hoping to get it this week and start a reorchestration project.

#423 8 years ago

My good buddy Steve came over and took some photos of the game. We turned the game room into a photo studio. We did the shoot over two nights.

I had no idea how much equipment/time it takes. It was a great learning experience for me.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#424 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg
image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg
image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#425 8 years ago

The game will be at this years Arcade Expo in Banning, CA (January 15-17 2016) as part of a VIP dinner. It will be available during that event to play.

#427 8 years ago

Sorry about the photo bomber in this one. You can still see the game even though he snuck in the shot.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Sorry about the photo bomber in this one

That same jerk totally photobombed my Photoshop file!

#429 8 years ago

I have been following this for awhile and gotta say impressive build.... Those last pics though, seem kinda cold and unnatural, almost phony, really doesn't do it justice IMO.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That same jerk totally photobombed my Photoshop file!

At least the colors of your translight look right!

#431 8 years ago

This has to be the coolest pin I've seen.

Great job !

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

At least the colors of your translight look right!

That's true! I should get Steve to do all my translite photo shoots.

#433 8 years ago

Best Getaway ever. Flat out awesome. Awesome pics make it look even better! Wish I could see it myself.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's true! I should get Steve to do all my translite photo shoots.

I volunteer him!

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Best Getaway ever. Flat out awesome. Awesome pics make it look even better! Wish I could see it myself.

Thanks! Come out to arcade expo in January. John has a 600 plus collection. It is an amazing show. Getaway will be there.

1 week later
#436 8 years ago

Where did you get the decal on top of your traffic light?

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Where did you get the decal on top of your traffic light?

It is airbrushed art and not a decal. Should be an easy decal to make.

#438 8 years ago

Simply stunning. I have goosebumps. Well done sir.

1 month later
#439 8 years ago

Can't believe I missed the entire process, amazing, amazing!

#440 8 years ago

My favorite thing about this pin is the black roads. It looks so much better than grey.

#441 8 years ago

Thanks for the compliments.

I finally got around to installing the Pinsound card in the game. Everything went well. Made several different orchestrations and learned a lot while doing it. The main lesson was how difficult it is to make it sound professional. Wow. Here is the best mix so far. Still needs some tweaking.

#442 8 years ago

Would this thing ever be for sale?

#443 8 years ago

I will gladly overpay for this pin!

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Would this thing ever be for sale?

As they say everything is for sale for the right price. Although I need to babysit it for awhile longer. Still working on it and enjoying it.

This next week I need to finalize the butt kicker and get it ready for Arcade Expo so others can get a chance to play it.

#446 8 years ago

Also, I haven't even seen this pin in person myself yet. Just haven't had a chance to get over to Tim's, though he's been here a couple times recently.

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I will gladly overpay for this pin!

It was a routed game when I bought it. Shame it isn't home use only. Then you would really have to overpay.

1 week later
#448 8 years ago

Would you be willing to share your orchestration ? I have been hoping to get a real version of La Grange

#449 8 years ago

Happy to share. Pm me and I will send you a link when I get to it. Hopefully tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#450 8 years ago

Preparing Getaway for its first trip to a show. It will be leaving tomorrow for Arcade Expo in Banning and will be available to play Saturday night. I have been working hard on the reorchestration in preparation for the show. Getting the new sound effects, voice, music, and jingles properly dialed in is a tedious process. Amazing results but certainly not a plug and play process.

The original voice script has been redone by professional voice actors. The pinsound card allows for files to be added into folders creating a randomizing of call outs. The game started with approximately 45 call outs. Last I checked I am over 100 call outs.

The game was surprisingly missing a jackpot callout. Since I love a jackpot callout, it has been added to the games current choreography. It still has the winding engine and crash sequence but with Jackpot included! I will try and grab some video of people playing on Saturday and post them here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.