image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image-241.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 9 years ago

The black traffic lights need some white rivet and panel edge accents?

#102 9 years ago

Have the cop saying this

982aebe2d39aaf5c291f64f526166066.jpg982aebe2d39aaf5c291f64f526166066.jpg
#103 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

The black traffic lights need some white rivet and panel edge accents?

Terry hates that I show the steps along the way. Personally, I really like seeing the progress of a project and the mishaps. In the picture you can see a slight delamination of the stoplight (yellow showing). More details to come on the stop lights. We didn't have the Pinstriping paint on hand.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Terry hates that I show the steps along the way. Personally, I really like seeing the progress of a project and the mishaps.

I love seeing the steps. Makes you appreciate all the work that goes into a final, polished product.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love seeing the steps. Makes you appreciate all the work that goes into a final, polished product.

^^THIS^^

Step by step stuff like this is how guys like me figure out how to do things a lot of the time. Please keep up the good work.

Awesome looking project so far by the way.

#106 9 years ago

Yes, thanks for the step-by-step. For us, it's solid gold! Keep em coming!

#107 9 years ago

I wouldn't go too crazy with sharks and a bunch of crap painted everywhere. I love the midnight/black vibe - keep that going.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also the cop needs to be saying something new for sure, but I haven't figured out what would be funny to swap it to yet.

Get some donuts!

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I wouldn't go too crazy with sharks and a bunch of crap painted everywhere. I love the midnight/black vibe - keep that going.

What if the sharks had lasers?

#110 9 years ago
austin-powers-sharks-tshirt-2.jpgaustin-powers-sharks-tshirt-2.jpg
#111 9 years ago

Here is a little more progress. Had to spray black again and then a teaser pic of how the highlights are going to look. These are not final. A little practice makes perfect.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 9 years ago

Sharks with lasers eating donuts might work!

#113 9 years ago

Yes! Like it!

PS: The cop should say "meow" as many times as possible.

"All right meow, do you know why I stopped you?"

#114 9 years ago

Cop should say "Sumbitch"

Smokey and the bandit fan here

#115 9 years ago

List of suggestions so far for the cop:

1. I am going to BBQ your a$$ in molasses
2. Get to da choppa
3. Mother of God
4. Get some donuts
5. meow
6. Sumbitch

#116 9 years ago

More suggestions (In respect to Roscoe P. Coltrane of Dukes of Hazzard fame):

-Coot coot coot!
-Cuff 'em and stuff 'em!

#117 9 years ago

sharks.... hmmm ''we gonna need a bigger car''

#118 8 years ago

"Need backup now!"

#119 8 years ago

I vote number 2. Get to da choppa

#120 8 years ago

Not much progress today. I put the coin door back together, cleaned up some parts, and Terry started in on a new section of the playfield.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#122 8 years ago

That circle is going to look so much nicer hand painted than as a decal, that was the right call, glad that worked out. Can't wait to see how he does that car!

#123 8 years ago

Looks great, keep it up

#124 8 years ago

looks much better, the getaway pops out, curious to see what it's gonna look like when that section is done.

#126 8 years ago

I have some more progress to show on the playfield. There is still quite a bit of touchup and finishing to complete.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#127 8 years ago

Here is the original playfield to jog your memory.
image-38.jpgimage-38.jpg

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

I have some more progress to show on the playfield. There is still quite a bit of touchup and finishing to complete.

That looks F*&%ING AWESOME!! Well played, good sir. Well played...

standing-ovation.jpegstanding-ovation.jpeg
#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

That looks F*&%ING AWESOME!! Well played, good sir. Well played...

Quoted from beatmaster:

love the car, really nice.

Thanks! Knowing when to stop is proving to be as difficult as starting.

#131 8 years ago

Looks awesome but you may consider changing the shift insert color. It doesn't look right on that awesome artwork

#132 8 years ago

Could you change the insert to look like a full moon?

#133 8 years ago

Now you just need to change the dots from Lambo to Ferrari!

#134 8 years ago

Really wonderful work! I'm jealous!

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Thanks! Knowing when to stop is proving to be as difficult as starting.

Always the challenge, no question.

If you can pop the insert and replace it with white it would look pretty rad. We could waterslide the text for that easy.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Looks awesome but you may consider changing the shift insert color. It doesn't look right on that awesome artwork

Everything is possible but needed to be done first. It is a compromise.

Quoted from GRUMPY:Could you change the insert to look like a full moon?

What you see is a compromise and something like an eclipse. Hmm. Tough insert to deal with.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:Now you just need to change the dots from Lambo to Ferrari!

I have a plan but no guarantee.

#137 8 years ago

The shift insert looks okay to me but I see what others are saying. Instead of replacing it, how about putting a tint over it? That seems a lot easier and you could light it up with a brighter led. The Ferrari looks awesome btw. Curious on what you are going to do with the rest of the game.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you can pop the insert and replace it with white it would look pretty rad. We could waterslide the text for that easy.

I agree it would be cool. You have my mind turning on how to do it. I wish pop and replace were the two steps. Risk/Reward comes to mind. Cutting through multiple layers of clear and heating the insert could be fatal to the artwork. Not to mention getting the insert level without sanding. Yikes.

This missed step and not seeing it up front is all part of the process. I can honestly say I never considered changing inserts for color reasons. It's now on the checklist.

Probably going to have to accept it as it is. Unless someone with a lot more experience has an idea on how to mitigate the risk.

#139 8 years ago

Shift lights on tach's are always a bright red.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Shift lights on tach's are always a bright red.

Very good point. Maybe just lose the eclipse effect and go with some carbon fiber around the shift light.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#141 8 years ago

I like the idea of putting some texture around it like carbon fiber. Or the gray around it like a dial.

#142 8 years ago

Why not paint insert white? Its has clear coat over it so paint should stick, then clear coat over it again. Just airbrush "shift" on it. Put a super bright white led below and it should power through any paint.

#143 8 years ago

HORRY CLAP, that looks great!!

How about...the yellow inlanes and outlanes become chrome header pipes/exhaust pipes?

I'm not a "car guy" so forgive me if my terminology is wrong.

Now I'm embarrassed I even sent you my sticker...

#144 8 years ago

I always thought that was a disease you get from a Chinese hooker.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Why not paint insert white? Its has clear coat over it so paint should stick, then clear coat over it again. Just airbrush "shift" on it. Put a super bright white led below and it should power through any paint.

Your right in that it can be done. I don't think you would see the light through the paint very well if at all. Has anyone seen an insert painted and how does it look lit?

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Your right in that it can be done. I don't think you would see the light through the paint very well if at all. Has anyone seen an insert painted and how does it look lit?

I think it would be hard to cover up the original insert color without blocking the light coming through.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#147 8 years ago

I don't think it would be bad to pull that insert to replace with another color since in this case you don't really care about destroying the original insert. Yes, you'd need to score the clear with an exacto if it's not cracked already, but you're clearing anyway.

I would drill it out, insert a bolt through it, put a washer on the top and bottom, tighten those washers with nuts. Now you've made a DIY gear puller. Work your new puller very slowly and carefully. If you heat then do so from the bottom, but you just need to get that glue a little warm.

Worth a try if you really want to change the color of the insert. I like it how it is, but it's your pin! Good luck.

Dan

EDIT: As far as leveling one insert, use epoxy with a throw-away acid brush, paint from the bottom, press the insert from the top. Vid1900 shows this in his restore thread. Just make sure you don't use too much. Barely a dab will do. If it comes up through the top you used too much and now you have issues. Leveling, I set them a tad high and use a wide-mouth clamp and a block and wax paper and they end up perfect. Vid1900 shows this as well.

#148 8 years ago

The shift insert looks fine as is to me. There's orange/red all over the playfield still. If you make it white or black then you lose some of the balance of colors across the entire game and have a big area with no color dropped in the middle. So I say leave it—it looks plenty awesome.

#149 8 years ago

Here's an example... the white fits the theme, it looks like the shift insert is supposed to be the moon. Actually not as bad as I thought but I still think orange is fine and looks better in the context of the entire playfield.

394666-1.jpg394666-1.jpg

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Here's an example... the white fits the theme, it looks like the shift insert is supposed to be the moon. Actually not as bad as I thought but I still think orange is fine and looks better in the context of the entire playfield.
394666-1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks Jay!!! Seeing them side by side helps. I think both look great for different reasons. Leaving color in there is important for other reasons like the translight and the shift button is suppose to tie into the rest of the game. However, a clear insert sure completes the center area but it loses a little composition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hsii-restoration-and-customization/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.