Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jlescher19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

My Getaway has me stumped as to the correct procedure to open and tilt up the playfield. I see the mechanical hooks etc. and the side of the PF and assume that they are to engage in the side rails of the body. What I can't figure out is the motion sequence I need to perform to make the PF stand and tilt up to expose the underside. Up to this point I go through a sequence of random pulls, twists and lifts to get it to hook up and swing up. It's possible that the mechanics of the lift mechanisms have been compromised by previous owner and that I am trying the impossible with what I have. Is there a document available that pictures the mechanics?

#2 6 years ago

Lift the playfield so the 2 safety brackets clear the lock down receiver, then pull the playfield about 12-14" out wards past the lock down assembly, you will hear a loud latching sound. Then it is safe to lift the playfield all the way up towards the back box.

image.jpg
#3 6 years ago

I see said the blind man - I didn't perform the initial lift. I was pulling it out hoping to engage the safety hooks. The secret, as I see it, is in the initial lift not to pull out!
Works like a charm as designed. I actually was able to perform this maneuver a few times without a hitch. Consider me trained.
Thank you Casthof!

#4 6 years ago

This was most frustrating to me, since I just got a Getaway, and could not figure out how to raise the playfield, I was pulling and yanking like a Yugoslav on a sheep.. . Now I do, thanks to the advice above..., I did not have a manual with the machine, so this helps so much....I am sure will help out others...
Thank you.!!

#5 6 years ago

Is it possible that you have the 1st run of the getaway? Check on the pinball machine database, they tell you how to identify which version you have. Quick way to tell, if you do not have a barcode on your left out lane you have the first run. Also you will have headlights on the front instead of the Getaway logo. On the first run, the playfield DOES NOT have a dual hinge for servicing as most WPC games do.

3 weeks later
#6 5 years ago

Sorry for the late reply - I do have the logo and the bar code which makes it not a first run machine. So thanks RVApinballer all is well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside