(Topic ID: 51166)

Make Yr HS2 Getaway Super Charger Faster !!

By BLACK_ROSE

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yonkiman
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1438.JPG
#1 10 years ago

For about 2 week's I've noticed that my HS2 Super Charger has gotten SLOWER !! ( Not Good )
I cleaned All the Opto's on Each magnet ( No Sucess ) then

I noticed the Top rivet was Loose , I drilled out the bad 1 and Replaced with another . Also as the ball spins thru the Charger , if the Diverter Isn't in Just the Rite position you will Loose Speed .. I'm Full Speed now running in the mid 80's ... I continued working on the Position of the metal that the Diverter closes up against .. Check out my 2 video's of the Fix .. HS2 is a Keeper !!

#2 10 years ago

excellent find! so as it turns out ive been having the same issue. did you put a new rivot in the bottom of that diverter or just replace the top rivot?

#3 10 years ago

Love this game . Mine is a little beat up so I am anxiously waiting for Jjnts to tire of his : )

#4 10 years ago

Nice fix. I will never sell my HSII. Love this game.

Mike

#5 10 years ago

As it should be! Never gets old.

#6 10 years ago

I shouldn't have sold mine. ShaneTastic is a dummy sometimes. Once of these days I shall have another, oh yes!!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

excellent find! so as it turns out ive been having the same issue. did you put a new rivot in the bottom of that diverter or just replace the top rivot?

This wears out due to the repeated abuse the divertor takes. What to replace depends on the condition of yours. Basically just make it so there is no slop between the arm and the shaft.

Mine actually had a screw forced through there for a long time.. but it finally worked it's way lose enough that I replaced it with a real rivet. Here you can use pop-rivets w/o concern too..

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

The Top rivet was Loose ,, I drilled it out and installed another .. I also had to bend down a Portion of the Ramp . When the ball Passes thru the diverter you will see a small part of the Charger lane that is sectioned , I used pliers to bend it down allow-n enough room for me to get the Rivet gun placed w/ out Pulling the diverter ..

Also , the Metal that the Diverter lays against when Open , I bent it and Worked for another 20 minutes to Finally get my Super Charger Speed dialed in @ a Top Speed of 85.

HS2 Rock's ,, so a FAST Super Charger is a Must !!!!!!

#9 10 years ago

I no longer have a Getaway, but I did a repair like this once. I replaced the diverter with a NOS one and got a supercharger test time of 81!

Wrote up a little here

http://www.aaarpinball.com/Getaway/getaway.htm

... Altan

#10 10 years ago

Great link altan ,, I bet the balls looked Terrible after Repeatedly hitt-n those Screw Heads ..

I want my S.Charger dialed in @ 81 .. I might buy a New Diverter 4 the hell of it ..

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the info guys I'm gonna try and put some time into her over the weekend ill post my findings

#12 10 years ago

I also might be in for a new diverter let me know what ya come up w/ black_rose.... As a few quick searches haven't turned anything up.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I also might be in for a new diverter let me know what ya come up w/ black_rose.... As a few quick searches haven't turned anything up.

The one I saw last time was crazy expensive. It's cheaper to just buy a rivet tool and replace them yourself. Unless someone mangled the part.. it's an easy fix. The only hard part is getting rivets that would fit in the recess. I didn't bother.. the rivet head is small, and the part works fine even if the ball touches it. In my case, the diverter was non-functional.. now it is functional. That's all I needed

#14 10 years ago

Mmmmmm........Getaway!

DSCN1438.JPGDSCN1438.JPG

#15 10 years ago

Nice B_R! I played the getaway for the first time over the weekend and man I love it! For sure on my list of pins to own one day!

#17 10 years ago

http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/561377.html?action=set_currency&currency=ARS

Product: Getaway Ramp Diverter Assembly
Code: A-15801
Price: $50.54
Availability: IN STOCK
Description: Getaway Ramp Diverter Assembly
Part No: A-15801
Current rating:

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/561377.html?action=set_currency&currency=ARS
Price: $50.54
Current rating:

Looks like the price went up:

Price: $265.71

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Looks like the price went up:
Product: Getaway Ramp Diverter AssemblyCode: A-15801Price: $265.71Availability: IN STOCKDescription: Getaway Ramp Diverter AssemblyPart No: A-15801

You have to change the denomination to USD.

#20 10 years ago

Even in USD pricing, it has gone up. Now at 55.59!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

You have to change the denomination to USD.

I see it now.

It's not just making the pull down box "United States", but selecting the "USD" in the upper right corner as well.

#22 10 years ago

Make sure you call PBResouce. That's where I got mine years ago. They always amaze me by having hard to find parts.

#23 10 years ago

What's a good rivet tool?

Also, what size rivets are you generally dealing with in a pinball machine?

#24 10 years ago

bump

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'd like to know the answers to this also

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

#27 10 years ago

It varies depending on the task. Pinrestore sells a complete and kit version of a press

Someone posted a c clamp style press

These are for press rivets which are what you commonly see on plastics, ramps, etc

The hand tools you see in hone depot, etc are for pop rivets which are for different applications. But in the case of this diverter, I could use simple pop rivets because clearance isn't an issue.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

In my video above i show what rivet tools i used .. As far as what size rivet to use , Use what size fits in the Hole snug and Know which side to install it from ..

#29 10 years ago

Ok so I got some time into it and even tho it was loose (fixed now) it didn't help my speed much. I'm thinking I've got flaky opto problems so I ordered 3 new sets.... They all checked out in test mode so?? Could there be anything else?

5 months later
#30 10 years ago

Enough is Never Enough !! I had to make it Faster ... Watch the Video ...

#31 10 years ago

B_R, My supercharger speeds are still in the upper 70s to lower 80s, but my high score is nowhere near the upper 400s, so I guess there is more work to be done..........

#32 10 years ago

Man, I need to get mine finished.....

#33 10 years ago

Remember not to use SilverJet balls on your Getaways, folks. I used them for a while and my supercharger got progressively slower as the balls magnetized.

Quoted from o-din:

B_R, My supercharger speeds are still in the upper 70s to lower 80s, but my high score is nowhere near the upper 400s, so I guess there is more work to be done..........

Upper 70s must be rediculously fast!

#34 10 years ago

Just rebuilt my Getaway including supercharger. The main thing I noticed was that the diverter wasn't opening as wides as it could, so the ball would hit the tip (far side of the rivet end) when it came around. I adjusted the diverter so that doesn't happen, but am still only get around 110 on the test. Rivets are fine, and I have brand new balls, so theoretically magnetism isn't the issue either. So I wonder if one of my coils might not be working. The optos are easy enough to test (and are automatically tested by the system, I believe), but if the second or third coil wasn't firing, it could explain why it works but the time's not great.

Is there an easy way to check that all three coils are firing? Can measure impedances, etc. if I have to but I'm curious if someone has a simple way to check...

#35 10 years ago

I like that extra GI in the top right corner. Great touch.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Upper 70s must be rediculously fast!

Why yes, yes it is.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Is there an easy way to check that all three coils are firing?

Yes there is , 1 of the Test modes is the Super Charger test ,, You can make Each magnet coil work individual , or 2 @ a tyme or All 3 .. Try 1 @ a tyme for Better result's .. 1 might Not be work-n .. Want me to do a video 4 Ya ?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yes there is , 1 of the Test modes is the Super Charger test ,, You can make Each magnet coil work individual , or 2 @ a tyme or All 3 .. Try 1 @ a tyme for Better result's .. 1 might Not be work-n .. Want me to do a video 4 Ya ?

Ah...I was wondering how that test was supposed to work. Is it like the supercharger loop time test? It didn't occur to me to put a ball in the loop for that test - will try tomorrow. Thanks BR!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hs2-super-charger-maintenance-b_r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.