Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-215.jpg
image-872.jpg
image-665.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0309 [800x600].JPG
#1 10 years ago

Ok finally got around to working on a Getaway I picked up not too long ago and have a question with the ball shooter coil assembly.

referring to the attached picture - is this is the correct position? I know the shooter arm is not correct, but it almost seems like there is more wrong here with the coil unit shinned up with washers in the cut out. Grant the bracket is too big to fit the are in the wood that has been notched as well - perhaps it is wrong too ("looks" correct according to the manual).

Thanks,

IMG_0309 [800x600].JPGIMG_0309 [800x600].JPG

#2 10 years ago

Anyone?

Asking as the ball does not travel the 'correct' path up and around - maybe 50% of the time it makes it around to the pop bumpers, the rest it doesn't make it around at all.

#3 10 years ago

I have no specific experience with Getaway, but in any game I've worked on the bracket fits into the notched area. Someone could have put in the wrong bracket at some time. Also, and it may be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the pluger is pointing slightly to the right instead of straight up the lane.

#4 10 years ago

I can take a picture of mine when I get near it (This friday)

Other things to consider is dirt in the shooter lane, on the playfield (especially in the loop) and other things that might slow down the ball. - Maybe the coil needs to be replaced as well?

Pictures coming on friday.

#5 10 years ago

It looks ok to me. Make sure you have the right strength coil...

Here are some pics of mine:
image-215.jpgimage-215.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-872.jpgimage-872.jpgimage-665.jpgimage-665.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Ok, thanks for the replies - guess it is right and looks like I might have an earlier game since the play field is 'notched' for a different type of bracket vs. yonkiman's which doesn't seem to be notched. The notch is what made me question it in the first place.

Has the correct coil - first thing I checked, but perhaps with a new plunger and sleeve it will help.

BTW: the alignment was just the way the picture is

#7 10 years ago

Well, you got the Diamond Plated ones. The earliest were without Diamond Plating afaik.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

BTW: the alignment was just the way the picture is

Loosen up the mounting screws, push the plunger forward with your hand and adjust the alignment until it is centered down the lane.

#9 10 years ago

Check your manual.

Replace the armature if you need to, and the coil sleeve (that sleeve is a goofy size, I doubt you'll have a spare lying around). Somebody had used the wrong bell armature, and sleeve in my Getaway. I replaced them with the proper parts, and it fixed my launch issues. Operators tend to fix machines just enough to take quarters.

Double check the alignment when you're done. You want that armature to hit the ball nice and squarely on launch.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Well, you got the Diamond Plated ones. The earliest were without Diamond Plating afaik.

Every single DMD game from the WPC/WPC-95 era had diamondplate coating whether the logo was printed on the playfield or not.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Anyone?
Asking as the ball does not travel the 'correct' path up and around - maybe 50% of the time it makes it around to the pop bumpers, the rest it doesn't make it around at all.

I had the same problem on my game. I adjusted the metal rail at the top of the shooter lane to a lower position and now it makes the top loop 95% of the time. Just loosen the screws that hold the metal rail, adjust the rail to a better trajectory, then tighten.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Every single DMD game from the WPC/WPC-95 era had diamondplate coating whether the logo was printed on the playfield or not.

Early production HS2 did not have diamond plate. Read up on it on IPDB.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Correct, or some sort of clearcoat if it wasn't necessarily the "Diamondplate" brand version.

My heavily routed "non-diamondplate" Getaway playfield has a lot of plays but no wear to the wood. It does however have a lot of broken inserts because of use.

#14 10 years ago

heh - well regardless of the diamond plating or not - it still has a section routered out for a bracket despite that it is the wrong size for the bracket that is currently in the unit.

New sleeve and armature installed and I should have it aligned correctly. Waiting on a new bracket for the ramp lift - missed that during my initial look over - so on hold for now so I won't be testing it for a few weeks. Doesn't seem to matter how well I look things over, al always seem to miss something and have to order parts again...

Any event, thanks for the replies.

Cheers,
Tim

#15 10 years ago

Early production HS2 did not have diamond plate. Read up on it on IPDB.

It is wrong. They may not have had the logo printed on there but they all were clear coated. I had one of the protos and and early production model, both had cleared playfields.

#16 10 years ago

Clearcoat =/= Diamond Plate. Diamond plate is a special patented form of clearcoat I believe, but just because it's clearcoated, doesn't mean its Diamond Plate.

#17 10 years ago

Clearcoat =/= Diamond Plate. Diamond plate is a special patented form of clearcoat I believe, but just because it's clearcoated, doesn't mean its Diamond Plate.

I worked there, it was the same shit on every playfield once they committed to doing it (same time they put DMD's in the games). They just weren't consistent with putting that little logo on the playfields.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I worked there, it was the same shit on every playfield once they committed to doing it (same time they put DMD's in the games). They just weren't consistent with putting that little logo on the playfields.

Alright, can't argue against experience, that beats everything I can read online

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hs2-ball-shooter-coil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.