100%
  • Bad pinsound board 0 votes

(1 vote)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9153 (resized).JPG
IMG_9152 (resized).JPG
IMG_9151 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippinjimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My GHSII was my favorite game. But lately I am having an issue which makes it less enjoyable to play. When I hit the pop bumper the supercharger sound is played. It stays this way until I hit the supercharger or the saucer and activate another sound. This is making game play a drag.

Not sure what caused this. At around the same time I installed a Pinsound and custom soundtrack I also blew a IC on the board by shorting the coil. I replaced the transistor and fuse and everything worked fine with the exception of the pop bumper/supercharger sound. I downloaded latest firmware and reinstalled new mix by Mr. Tantrum. I might have caused the issue then by my poor soldering job but not sure how to test this issue.

Any thoughts on what it could be? Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Below is the post to the issue I had with the transistor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-issue-replaced-26-1200-with-ao-26-1200-diode#post-5219485

#2 4 years ago

Just downloaded new firmware again. Reinstalled new files and still having the same issue. If one bumper fires by itself it doesn't trigger the super charger sound. Seems to only trigger the sound when multiple bumpers are hit.

Will try to post a video of the issue.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Did you just recently do any work such as replacing switch,diode,part,ect. anywhere under or above the playfield?

I did some work with one of the Transistors. I took the pad off the board when I tried to unsolder the old transistor but didn't think I touched any other traces or pads.

The correct sound does play when I hit the supercharger. If the supercharger were playing the bumper sounds I would think that I hooked up the wrong wire somewhere but that is not the case.

It is either an issue with my Pinsound or Board I believe.

#9 4 years ago

Both good ideas. Will do right after the holidays.

Thanks

#10 4 years ago

Guys,

Will you look at these photos and tell me if I have wired incorrectly? It looks like I did not pay attention to which side of the diode I soldered on. Does this make any difference?

Not sure if it is connected to the problem or not but would like to start here before I remove the sound board and install the original.

Thanks

IMG_9151 (resized).JPGIMG_9151 (resized).JPGIMG_9152 (resized).JPGIMG_9152 (resized).JPGIMG_9153 (resized).JPGIMG_9153 (resized).JPG
#11 4 years ago

I switched the wiring and it did not fix the problem.

Here is a video of what happens when the bumper is hit. I have identified the top bumper as the issue.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Oh no do not use screwdriver You can cause a short very easily doing that, use a ball ok, Ok have you tested the diode on that top pop bumper?From looking at your pics pic 1 and pic 3 the diode(Banded side) is soldered in a different direction than the one in pic 2. For pic 1 and 3 follow each of them wires going upstream to another switch and see if the diode is soldered(Banded side) in the same direction as pic 1 switch and pic 3 switch.

Okay, will use ball in the future.

Have not tested the diode. Researching that now.

Think I have the wires soldered on the wrong side of diode. Changing that now. Possibly ruined the diodes??

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Do you have the schematics on hand?

Mike, I switched the wire to the black side of the diode on all of the bumpers. Problem is now solved. Can't thank you both enough for your help.

Feels great to have the machine working again and to solve the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippinjimmy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-hs-sound-issue-need-advice?tu=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.