By mandelbloom

2 years ago

Stats

• 23 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by yonkiman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I am babysitting a friends Getaway, I turned it on today after not playing for a while and the pluger will not fire. Doesnt seem to be any voltage getting to it. Also seems the up post that locks the ball on the right ramp wont I did find a lose cable I will attach a pic, but I cant for the life of me figure out where it went. Its actually labbled J110, but alas J110 doesnt even have a connector?? If someone with a high speed could take a pic of their backbox maybe that would help.
Anyhow ideas?

#2 2 years ago

Where does this go?

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 2 years ago

What are the colors and pin numbers? Blue/violet pin 1 Blue/grey pin 2 Black/yellow pin 3 Nothing on pin 4 Black/blue pin 5 Orange pin 6.

#4 2 years ago

Seems to be black/blue pin1, black/yellow oin2,blue/grey pin3, blue/violet pin 4, blank pin 5 &6, orang/violet pin 7, blank 8, orange/grey pin 9

#5 2 years ago

Not to confuse matters but there appear to be some lamps in the insert lamp matrix out now too...perhaps we are running into a board issue and this connector was always loose?

#6 2 years ago

Boy I could be wrong, but those colors are generally flipper wire colors in WPC. How about a picture of the board and is the connected you're holding keyed with a plastic peg?

#7 2 years ago

OK fixed it! I am thinking that wire was red herring and must have never been plugged in. I had to reseat a ribbon cable and all is now good!

#8 2 years ago

So why do you think it doesn't go on 1J110

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Boy I could be wrong, but those colors are generally flipper wire colors in WPC. How about a picture of the board and is the connected you're holding keyed with a plastic peg?

Funny thing is J110 is labled as flippers but has no connector, not sure what the deal is there but the flippers work fine

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

So why do you think it doesn't go on 1J110

J110 has only solder point no connector haha

#11 2 years ago

Like J905 on the Fliptronics board? That connector looks familiar.

#12 2 years ago

How about a pic of 1J110 area.

#13 2 years ago

There is a 110 on my game.

#14 2 years ago

Weird! I will take a pic just for kicks

#15 2 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#16 2 years ago

Very interesting, I have a connector at J110, J109 and the K1 relay.

#17 2 years ago

Yea that is weird must be some sort of hack/board swap going on? Anyhow game
Works I am stumped

#18 2 years ago

Like some type of prototype board? When did they go from Fliptronics I to Fliptronics II? Now I know for sure that dangling connector was a flipper-related connector.

#19 2 years ago

Yea not sure ? Thinking either this is an ealry or late production game and they changed something .

1 month later
#20 1 year ago

I'm trying to troubleshoot a constantly clicking relay K1 on a BSD (same WPC hardware as HS2, I believe), so I was looking at the schematics of the driver board. It looks like J109, J110, K1 and a handful of other components are there to power flippers, but since these games use the Fliptronic II system, this circuitry (and J109 and J110) are not needed. So I don't think it matters (at least for HS2) whether or not those components and connectors are populated...

#21 1 year ago

In fact it's shown on this awesome pinwiki page: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC_Power.2FDriver_Board_Generations (see images on right)

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

constantly clicking relay

Is the GI working properly ? Relay and GI share U1-enable
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gi-or-inserts-working-on-dirty-harry#post-1866006

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from zaza:

Is the GI working properly ? Relay and GI share U1-enable
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-gi-or-inserts-working-on-dirty-harry#post-1866006

No, the GI is most-certainly NOT working properly! The post you linked to looks like a very similar issue to what we're seeing on the BSD.

I'll be able to troubleshoot further in the next day or two, just wanted to thank you now for explaining the K1/GI link!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 28.00
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.99
$ 15.00
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hanover, VA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Queen Creek, AZ
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 109.00
€ 3.70
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 726 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside