(Topic ID: 183745)

Getaway: High Speed II - What ROM set shoud I use?

By AXrelay

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hiho
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2485F1AA-5D1F-4E39-8344-01BFC9472C90 (resized).jpeg
20A9C3F1-E4F1-45E7-A84A-0B3D2F54ECA0 (resized).jpeg
1A6624CF-2409-4BF8-9B00-8AEC27CD39C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1966 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Time to dig up this old topic again. For the first few years of owning my Getaway I ran L5 rom, a few months ago I changed to L2 as I was always hearing L2 is better. Yesterday in a 3 player game, player 1 started normal run the red light multiball on his 2nd ball, draining out fairly quickly. Player 1 ball 3 then started in first gear! I'm not sure what gear he had reached but he was definitely working through the gears on ball 1 and 2 and hadn't reached RLM, so basically all progress towards RLM was lost after his normal multiball. Is this a known bug?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Is it for sure that player 1 wasn't on red light mania, which means they had progressed through the gears and would revert back to gear 1?

99.9% sure, as he stepped up to the machine he said ' I haven't had red light mania have I? ' I replied he had not then looked and saw gear 1. I guess I'll have to witness it again before knowing 100%

#9 6 years ago

Thanks very much.

#10 6 years ago

I just fitted the new ROM , thanks Soren. Can anyone tell me if the following behaviour is normal/expected please? I just had 2 balls in the lock and reached red light mania ( I had 1 red standup left to get to enable 3rd ball lock ). I started RLM, did pretty crap, was down to the last ball so the timer was counting down to collect the jackpot. I hit the ramp and collected the jackpot. This is the bit I'm unsure of, collecting that jackpot relaunched the other 2 balls which were previously dead. I wasn't sure whether I was still in RLM or if the normal multiball had started with that jackpot collection until I drained and started the next ball with no balls locked, back to green traffic light. Also back to first gear obviously after playing RLM.

I'm guessing what happened was during the RLM I managed to hit the last red standup to light the 3rd lock, then collecting that jackpot also qualified as the 3rd ball lock starting regular multiball. Does that sound like correct machine behaviour?

#12 6 years ago

Thanks Soren, top work.

1 month later
#13 6 years ago

I think I just witnessed a bug, playing with 4 balls no extra balls ( ready for league meet tomorrow, yes we play with 4 balls in league in the UK for some reason ) , tournament settings, I had video mode lit for the 2nd time along with burn rubber, I put the ball in the saucer and it didn't start the video mode or award the burn rubber award, it knew it was there because it kicked it out immediately. I was on ball 4 and lost the ball shortly afterwards so no idea whether it would have repeated it on further hits. Is that a known issue? I'll see if I can replicate it. Using Sorens patched L5 ROM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-high-speed-ii-what-rom-set-shoud-i-use?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.