Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello all, I’m upgrading all the lights in a Getaway High Speed II. I’m hoping someone here can give me a simplified exact number of lights, base types, flashers, GI, etc. for this game. I’ve found a couple of postings here but no exact numbers. The manual is a little confusing to me and I’m afraid I’ll miss a few when placing my order. The game is not with me yet and I’m just trying to get the order in today. Also, what bases are the flashers in the backbox and has anyone had to replace any or all of the “Opto Emitters” either white or black? Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

No idea but ill give you a bump.

But to stick my nose in I would just tell you to order a couple 50 or hundred packs of warm white frosted 555 & 44s from Cometpinball.
I would probably leave the flashers incandescent but everyone has an opinion

Stay away from pre made kits

#3 3 years ago

I altered between red and blue for the playfield flashers on mine... it felt like it fit w/ the theme, especially on the slings. For the backbox incandescent is the way to go, otherwise you loose the animation the cluster of 3 flashers behind cops light bar gives ya! Warm whites look better than cool white on this game due to the playfield being heavy on warm colors imo

#4 3 years ago

Comet pinball has a kit that you can buy for that and other pins.

I bought one and loved how they arranged the colors.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Do you have a link for it ? I just went through Comet's list and didn't see one for Getaway or High Speed ll

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

I bought one and loved how they arranged the colors.</blockquote

I saw they had one for the original High Speed but not for Getaway High Speed II.

#7 3 years ago

While kits aren’t usually to most tastes, I will say on your first machine it may be good if they still give a sheet of what color bulb and type of bulb goes where.

My first game was HS2 and didn’t know any better. I got a CT kit and it was fine for a while and the sheet it came with was great for a noob. I just checked and I don’t have it anymore. But I’d you don’t know wha mr you want it wouldn’t hurt to do one and you can at least use what you have and see what you like. I’ve redone all of mine since but was good at the time.

Otherwise I’d recommend sunlights for just about everything. It will keep the original look but brighter.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered everything I needed from Comet today. Are there resistors to clip once these LEDs are installed? I only see a couple on the small board for the beacon, but I’m not putting an LED in that spot. Thanks again!

#9 3 years ago

No resistors needed. If you got non ghosting for inserts, they’re already in the LED.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Hello all, I’m upgrading all the lights in a Getaway High Speed II. I’m hoping someone here can give me a simplified exact number of lights, base types, flashers, GI, etc. for this game. I’ve found a couple of postings here but no exact numbers. The manual is a little confusing to me and I’m afraid I’ll miss a few when placing my order. The game is not with me yet and I’m just trying to get the order in today. Also, what bases are the flashers in the backbox and has anyone had to replace any or all of the “Opto Emitters” either white or black? Thanks!

Please search me in the Geataway owners thread where I have a full documented write-up.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

No resistors needed. If you got non ghosting for inserts, they’re already in the LED.

I did get non- ghosting for the inserts.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Please search me in the Geataway owners thread where I have a full documented write-up.

Will do! Thanks!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can’t find it. I’m also trying to figure out how to join the Getaway HS II and F-14 clubs. Can’t figure that one out either.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I can’t find it. I’m also trying to figure out how to join the Getaway HS II and F-14 clubs.

Use the forum search box. Where it says search the forum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin

LTG : )

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

I can’t find it. I’m also trying to figure out how to join the Getaway HS II and F-14 clubs. Can’t figure that one out either.

To “join” any forum, just click the star icon to the top right of the topmost post on any of the threads pages.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-high-speed-ii-led-upgrade?hl=lpilot1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.