(Topic ID: 39365)

*Solved* Getaway High Speed 2 Left Flipper not working (Help Needed!)

By alchy999

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5899a.jpg
IMG_5894a.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alchy999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi I had a shrunken left flipper coil and the coil sleave was molded inside. I did get itout but a new coil sleave would not go in. So I decided to buy a couple of new Blue coils.

I unsoldered the old one and replaced it. I took the whole mechanism out and replaced all the parts I saw that were worn. This included a new spring coil stop and coil. I rewired the coil back up and made sure the wires where correct.

The problem I have is that the left flipper does not work. The EOS switch is working fine in the switch edge test. Also the left flipper button is triggering the fliptronics fine. I have traced the wires back to the power board and that has continuity. I have the original manual here and tried to check all the connectors. I find it strange that it was working before I changed the coil and all work was done while the machine was turned off.

I have checked all the fuses and also I get no errors on startup.

Any ideas or suggestions or could someone give me a helping hand to walk me through this one in a logical order? I have a multimeter at hand.

Kindest regards David

Below is a picture of my Left coil with wiring.

IMG_5894a.jpgIMG_5894a.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I took a picture of the diodes.

The menu does not have a flipper test menu nothing in the solenoids test either.

Regarding Voltage there is no voltage when I press the left flipper button. The left flipper button is working in switch test. There is no voltage if I do not press the flipper button

Here is a picture of the diodes...

Thanks for help so far appreciated....

IMG_5899a.jpgIMG_5899a.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Hi thanks again for information.

I will replace the diodes on the coil and swap the wires around. I will then get back to you.

Regards David

#6 11 years ago

Ok changed the 2 outside wires around and changed both diodes and replaced with same IN4004's

Still nothing and no voltage.

I also made sure the diodes are the correct way

#8 11 years ago

I am getting no voltage on any lugs of the coil...

I get no voltage on the right lower flipper coil either unless I press the right flipper button. So I am guessing the left flipper button needs to be depressed as well to test the left flipper?

#10 11 years ago

Hi im using the earth strap that comes down to the metal slider to hold the table up.

Using the red probe on right flipper coil I get 75.2 on every lug

On the non working left flipper I am getting 0.00 on each lug.

Thanks for being patient

#12 11 years ago

Fantastic thanks for the quick reply. I am just out to do a taxi job but I will be back and report when thats done.

I am learning a lot of things here too. So its all good and I thank you again for your patience. Well 30 years repairing you must have lots

EOS switches should be open and close for low power when flipper is pressed. Its a wpc game 1991. No fuses underneath. Has Dot matrix display...

Results soon

#13 11 years ago

Ok just found 1 of the 3.15 amp fuses in the fliptronics blown. Replaced it.

Put on test and flipper worked but the solenoid held the plunger in the coil after letting go of the left flipper button.

The left flipper stayed in up position Until machine switched off.Only way to get it to release was turning machine off.

Looks like wires are wrong still?

Regards David

#18 11 years ago

Ok tested each coil lug to ground for continuity and they all shorted (Beeped). But I also checked the lower rigth flipper that is working and exactly the same beeps on all lugs.

Guess I need to do the second test you asked now to see which tip's have blown?

also is the tip test with machine on?

Thanks

#23 11 years ago

Q1 0.44 0 0.52
Q2 0.5 0 0.45
Q3 0.5 0 .46
Q4 0.5 0 0.4
Q5 0.47 0 0.52
Q6 0.45 0 0.55
Q7 0.48 0 0.55
Q8 0.45 0 0.56
Q9 0 0 0.53 **********
Q10 0.44 0 0.54
Q11 0.48 0 .054
Q12 0.45 0 0.54

#24 11 years ago

Fliptronics is out and on my workbench Looks like q9 1st leg no reading?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Out of curiosity, while the game is off, do the ground test again, but this time manually close the E.o.s. and see if you still have continuity when that switch is closed and do it for both sides. Again this is for my own curiosity and for future knowledge. I just sold a BSD or I could try it myself.

No continuity at all

#26 11 years ago

Ordered some TIP102's Would solder braid be best to take the solder off both sides of the board?

#29 11 years ago

Just read Q9 is indeed the hold for the coil

Well guys thanks so much for this lesson. Its been rewarding. Until I receive my big box of tip102's through the post sometime next week I won't be able to update you until then

Thanks again for your time and patience as always

Dave

#30 11 years ago

Hi guys this is a courtesy message to let you know my TP102's came this morning. I soldered Q9 in. I plugged all the connectors back on the board and turned it on no errors. I pressed start and tested both flippers working flawlessly.

Thanks to the members of pinside with their time and expertise. I have learned how to diagnose a problem and fix it. This is what makes these forums so powerful and user friendly. It only took a couple of hours of posts to get to the bottom of it too. A great learning experience and sense of pride having a fully working machine again.

Thanks guys again for your time!

Regards Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alchy999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-high-speed-2-left-flipper-not-working-help-needed?tu=alchy999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.