I'm hoping someone can help me out.
I was trying to diagnose issues with my STTNG, so I tried swapping the MPU board from my Getaway (both WPC-89) to see if that eliminated the problems. I swapped the ROMs at U8. It didn't work, in fact the STTNG became even worse.
I switched everything back as it was, but now on Getaway I have a plethora of issues:
- Row 8 and Column 8 in the lamp matrix are out
- 7 switches show closed when they are open, but they are spread out all over the place (5 are the optos related to the supercharger ramp)
- 3 coils no longer fire; kickback, outhole and lo diverter (where is the lo diverter coil on Getaway anyway?)
- left sling flasher doesn't work on the playfield but does work on the backbox
- right sling flasher does work on the playfield but doesn't work on the backbox
- the relay clicks randomly during test mode
Now here's the funny part. These all go in and out as you let the game sit in attract mode. You can see the lamp matrix row 8 and/or column 8 turn on then off, and I've even had all the coil issues disappear briefly.
What did I cook?