Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Getaway Flipper Gotaway

Letter received on Saturday June 6th 2020.

Saturday June 6th 2020

Hey Lloyd! Gotta question for you. I haven't played my Getaway in a few weeks. I fired it up yesterday and both right flippers will have an occasional very weak flip. Once or twice they didn't even flip when you hit the button. I checked the EOS and that looked fine. Game worked perfect last time I played it. What else should I check?

Thank you!

Garbonzo

Dear Garbonzo

Forget EOS, with fliptronics it doesn't effect much if not working, the game will ignore it. Not like high power flipper and EOS switches where high power actually goes through them.

I'd go into Tests - Switch Edge - and slowly push the flipper button in. You should see two optos register on the screen one at a time. Reseat flipper button opto board connector, be sure it is plugged on tight, and clean the optos, damp Q-Tip or something shoved between them where the opto interrupter passes when the flipper button is pushed.

If that is all good. I'd unscrew the two bolts holding the coil stop on, slide the coil down, let it hang. And check the end of the plunger. If worn, mushroomed, or has a sharp edge. Time to rebuild your flippers. New coil stop, new coil sleeve, new plunger assembly.

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-flipper-gotaway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.