• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wxforecaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3081 7 years ago

Just picked up a filthy but fully working Getaway. Full strip down, cleaned 8 rags worth of grime, new rubbers, flippers awesome, she plays better than any I've ever played with one exception. The plunger. I think I aligned it correctly and put on a new coil sleeve, but the ball still doesn't feed all the way around the loop. It makes it to about the top of the pops and that's it. Any ideas?

2 weeks later
#3109 7 years ago

I got what according to the manual is the proper sleeve and the plunger is still not firing the ball strong enough. I assume I have it assembled correctly? Pointing toward the shooter lane...from top to bottom... the coil, the sleeve with the flange against the bottom of the coil plastic, the coil bracket with the notch around the coil plastic notch, the spring and plunger. It is aligned perfectly centered on the ball. With the assembly fastened together, there is about a 1/4" to 1/2" protrusion of the coil sleeve into the shooter lane.

The first picture shows how far out the armeture protrudes at full plunge, second at normal rest. Maybe I have the wrong armeture? Where should it and the sleeve be at rest relative to the ball and shooter lane? Pics from someone whose is working?

1475276463165-1165830803 (resized).jpg1475276463165-1165830803 (resized).jpg

1475276523911658178063 (resized).jpg1475276523911658178063 (resized).jpg

1475276656375-822685462 (resized).jpg1475276656375-822685462 (resized).jpg

#3111 7 years ago

Is that the right sleeve? 03-7067-6 which is 2 11/16" flanged. Seems correct. I see the armature is supposed to be 4.5" long, which mine clearly isn't. Explains the lack of power for sure and why I thought it was odd for the ball to be resting on the sleeve. Yet another wrong part found in this game. Some operator! Sigh.

#3113 7 years ago

Easy fix if i had one, and after just placing a larger order online, I really don't want to drop 10-15 plus shipping on a single part. I get the whole "get it working" mantra of a routed game, but i also believe in get it right when you have the chance to order the broken part. #cheapandfrustrated

#3122 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, routed games can be patched together because if the machine is down they aren't making money so the operator usually fixes it any way they can so you'll see lots of hacks. In home use it's totally different and all repairs should be done correctly. I believe you're better off spending your money on fixing the pin the right way, with the right parts, including boards and playfield parts. Adding bling to a pin is tempting but if doesn't have good "bones" then you could be setting yourself up for more issues.

You're right and I'm 100% certain the armature is wrong. Measured it. The part is used on other Bally/Williams auto plungers but not HS2. It's almost an inch too short. Will get one ordered because the plunge needs to go around the loop aka Whirlwind style.

I also agree with tiltmasters post. The picture above is definitely mounted wrong.

1 week later
#3173 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey Getaway owners, I just bought a LED bulb for my Mars lamp. Could only buy in pack of 2 for $25+ tax so I have an extra. Would be happy to sell to first one who PM's me who wants it for $12 with shipping. I would judge the LED as being slightly brighter than the incadescent. I hope I am not breaking forum rules, but I put here because it is unique to this game.

Yikes! Advance Auto has 1156 bulb two packs for $3.49. Just replaced my bad bulb the other day.

#3178 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But are they LEDs?

Oops no. I can't read. However, given the lack of luminosity difference and how rare the light is on, hardly a cost savings benefit spending $21 more

1 month later
#4204 7 years ago

My Getaway is up for sale for those who have been viewing this awesome thread and looking to get in on one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41747

Thanks for looking! PM me with questions. A video of gameplay is included in the attached discussion thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wxforecaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=wxforecaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.