• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1789 8 years ago

can you disable video mode?

1 month later
#1889 8 years ago

gentlemen, new club member as of yesterday here. what's the top 3 or 5 things you guys do to these things? i was thinking speakers, since the sound is pretty crappy. does a kit make a big difference?

#1892 8 years ago

how's the install with a powered sub? basically factory fit just with a power cord or you talking external?

#1912 8 years ago

how does one protect further wear from the lock ramp on the playfield?

#1914 8 years ago

guess i could touch it up first. make it look halfway decent.

#1919 8 years ago

is it just me or are the callouts and various sound effects way louder than zz top? it's almost like my sound isn't right or i have a bad speaker.

#1924 8 years ago

anybody want to be a dear and give me the wire colors on the start button? most specifically, i'm missing the one on the right side, which i think is causing it not to light up. i made the mistake of ordering a new button before actually looking at it...

#1926 8 years ago

wish it did, but i have the standard button on mine. i'll get some pixxx...

#1927 8 years ago

IMAG0069[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0069[1]_(resized).jpg

#1928 8 years ago

these wires go to a connector on a board (a-14689) that's on the left cabinet wall under the flipper.

IMAG0074[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0074[1]_(resized).jpg

#1929 8 years ago

white/orange to j6-2
red/(purple/black?) to j6-4
green/purple to j6-7

at the bottom of that second pic, the yellow/green wire is loose, not connected. easy fix? is that what i'm missing?

#1945 8 years ago

red should be on top...

#1957 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks man. I swapped the red and green. I agree much better.

are they self-adhesive? how do they stay in there?

1 week later
#2028 8 years ago

workaholic.

#2076 8 years ago

anybody have a "mud flap" for the lock ramp? i'm also missing that post next to the pop bumper. obviously, the plastic on top is cracked...

1 week later
#2223 8 years ago

i just noticed that i can start a game before the multiball locks drain, which causes my game to go in search mode. pretty annoying. is that fixed with newer software maybe?

#2235 8 years ago
Quoted from jdb9294:

I am running L5 and if I hit the start button quickly after a game my machine goes into search mode as well.

exactly. there's a few secs between the time the lock releases and the balls get registered in the bottom trough that this happens.

if l5 does it, that makes me sad.

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Anyone know where to score the alternate translite with the sexy ladies?

nooooo.

1 week later
#2469 7 years ago

game rom q. i go into test and it says rev p-c, then sound l-1 2.22, 3/24/92. does that mean i'm running prototype p-c?

1 week later
#2528 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

game rom q. i go into test and it says rev p-c, then sound l-1 2.22, 3/24/92. does that mean i'm running prototype p-c?

anybody?

#2539 7 years ago

i've seen visors that mount at the top of the main cabinet, where the playfield glass top trim is, in order to block glare from the backbox on the glass. that'll straighten you out.

#2546 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so is it a single or double star post?
Man that shot is gonna be tight!

what size screw do i need to reinstall a double star post there?

1 week later
#2607 7 years ago

i agree with diy led's. i can do a whole machine for $75, including flashers.

#2619 7 years ago

priced to sell: $2000/firm.

2 weeks later
#2695 7 years ago

quick question about scoring. i have a prototype rom and i feel like i don't get any points unless i hit a jackpot. i may get 15-20 million without a multi-ball jackpot; 50-60 with one. does that sound right? seems pretty lopsided. my old DM and current WCS score way better, imo. could it just be the rom?

#2697 7 years ago

yeah, i'm not comparing high scores or anything. just feels like scoring distribution should be better. maybe i'm on crack.

1 week later
#2724 7 years ago

is there suppose to be a sticker on the plunger lane apron extension? it looks naked.

#2727 7 years ago

something like this:

ISP-A665R_(resized).jpgISP-A665R_(resized).jpg

#2728 7 years ago

subtle, classy.

#2736 7 years ago

not sure about the point total, but i set special for points, replay for extra ball, then disable match.

#2777 7 years ago

you'll have to hammer out a few posts if it's anything like my WCS. no biggy.

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Have you ever taken the back up and down ramp off? I'm almost there but I'm not sure if its several pieces or one big piece. Do you just pull it off the up and down arm? Thanks!

same here. need to rivot a flap on her. mine was missing.

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Joined the club yesterday!
Playfield and plastics are near mint, flippers a bit weak and cabinet is faded and tatty so will have decals and all metalwork black powder coated at some point to make it 100%
Flipper rebuild kit, LED's, Mezel mods Donuts Heaven and alt translite ordered.

cancel the alt translite order and you can stay .

#2821 7 years ago

i got a set of flipper fidels at allentown (discount) for my HS2, since the cones were flaking apart on my stockies. definitely deeper, throatier. engine revs rumble for sure.

#2878 7 years ago

sorry, brah.

#2908 7 years ago

oh, that's cool.

1 week later
#2933 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What other games do you guys have that you like as much as Getaway?
Honestly, I just love this pin. It's pinball perfection IMO. Hard to find anything else that brings me as much joy or is as fun. I just love the theme and the shots.

i think Fish Tales is similar. WCS is nothing like it; not in a bad way.

#2945 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

T2 comes to mind as a similar game. Although, I prefer variety in my collection. HS2 is a simple game so I think a deeper game like a modern Stern works well with it.

exactly. i try not to have more than 1 game from the same designer. HS2 is my current steve ritchie. if i run into a nice, cheapish SM or STTNG, i'll make the swap one way or the other. variety is the spice of life.

2 weeks later
#2976 7 years ago

what's usually the issue when the ball is hitting the divertor as it opens? is my divertor slow or is the sc too fast?

#2979 7 years ago

tyvm.

#2988 7 years ago

i'd feel bad if i ever routed mine. the new cabinet decals would get butchered.

#2994 7 years ago
Quoted from alexred:

I have heard that inserts like that are a test of the manufacturing process.

exactly.

1 week later
#3017 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Been enjoying my Getaway but with game after game after game a couple minor problems popped up.
The flipper button on the left is harder to press in than the one of the right. How do I make it go in more smoothly/easily?
The ramp for the lock is going up and down randomly at times. It works fine but sometimes it just has a mind of its own. Why?
The plunger isn't as strong as it once was. The same with the kickback. How do I resolve this?

flipper buttons get dirty. any part that human hands touch, basically. try taking it apart and cleaning. the spring could have gotten out of position, too. doubt it though.

are you sure it's random? it'll go up to allow orbit shots coming in from the right to not get stuck, and it goes up on new ball plunges.

check for loose screws on assembly/bracket parts. make sure everything is tight. check coil sleeves for sludge. stuff like that.

1 week later
#3032 7 years ago

better is better.

1 week later
#3059 7 years ago
Quoted from mattnb:

-DMD is showing early signs of degassing. Also has an audible hum to it which changes depending on what's being displayed (wtf?)

same here. i just deal with it. is that an omen of something worse coming?

1 week later
#3082 7 years ago

make sure you have the right plunger part. it's different for HS2. it's biiig.

2 weeks later
#3112 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Yet another wrong part found in this game. Some operator! Sigh.

fun, right? easy fix. i had the exact same issue on mine.

#3129 7 years ago

mountain was prototype, right?

#3153 7 years ago

you guys scare me. you say HS2 is pretty reliable, then specifically say not like STTNG. that's the pin i want to trade my getaway for!

#3155 7 years ago

actully, have not. looks like a data east/sega?

#3157 7 years ago

definitely not expecting a straight up .

#3187 7 years ago

i've seen mine hit the tunnel kickout once, i believe. i didn't think it was worth troubleshooting, but i guess it would be pretty cool.

#3195 7 years ago

1 - on
2 - is it a bayonet or wedge style bulb?
3 - spring missing? i assume it's just one side.

#3198 7 years ago

are you pulling the playfield towards you first? it locks when you pull it as far as it goes towards you, then you push it up 90 degrees.

#3200 7 years ago

doesn't look like you're pulling it out far enough, brah.

#3201 7 years ago

you have to be semi-forceful with it, and the click is almost a thud. you'll hear two of them simultaneously.

#3207 7 years ago

lift up the playfield about a foot, so nothing hits the front of your cabinet. make sure you have enough slack in wiring to the backbox. not sure what else it could be.

#3214 7 years ago

you can switch bulb+socket with another that's working to see if the issue stays with those or the pcb socket. if i was betting, however, you probably just need to reflow solder on the male pins on that board, like tilt's been saying.

yeah, definitely looks good.

#3217 7 years ago

i think that pops up if you haven't multiball'd in awhile.

#3220 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Oh OK. Show I just showed y'all that I need more practice. How long ago is 'awhile' cause I multi balled about 6 games ago

never mind, that sounds fine.

#3222 7 years ago

you mean the coil sleeve was broke?

#3227 7 years ago

oh, internal plunger armature stuff.

#3230 7 years ago

yeah, i usually check myself with the game manual or a parts website before trying to explain something.

i'll have to inspect mine. i never hit the tunnel kickout. thanks for the info.

#3236 7 years ago

buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00166LB8M/ref=sxr_rr_xsim1

get a pc tool kit and then a general homeowners tool kit.

for spare parts, i just order extra when i know i need something specific. sometimes you'll get a bulk discount. i've got a pretty good stash now in less than a year. i wouldn't buy a bunch of stuff blindly.

#3248 7 years ago

i have all the sockets i need in my two tool kits. i highly recommend a pistol grip tool to use them, if you can find one.

#3312 7 years ago

in 6 months, you'll be pissed you didn't fix this yourself .

#3358 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Thinking of joining the club. I know a guy that has one for $2400 locally shopped and no fade. Worth driving an hour to get it?

if it doesn't need anything, i mean anything, i'm okay with that.

check for burnt gi connectors: j120, 121. check main cabinet speaker for dry-rotting. make sure shooter plunger is correct part, and it works properly. it should go around the short loop over to the top right flipper everytime. check boards for acid damage and burnt resistors/blown caps. test supercharger and divertor thoroughly. look for broken plastics. check for pop bumper, ball lock ramp and tunnel shot wear. make sure the ball lock ramp still has a flap riveted on. test the kickback. make sure flippers feel good. if it doesn't have led's, see if you could get those thrown in, even if you have to install them. i could go on and on.

long story short, it better be real nice.

#3492 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Am I crazy to be looking at another pin already?

no.

i bought 7 in my first 10 months.

#3494 7 years ago

lol at cash foldies.

7 is a little misleading. i sold 2 so i only netted 5.

#3518 7 years ago

i hate messing with flippers. tightening that damn nut on the hammer/crank assembly sucks.

#3556 7 years ago

they all say diamond plate, but you're right about different companies doing the actual clear-coating.

#3632 7 years ago

7/16", i believe. just order a kit. it's good to have extra, plus shipping($) kills you with frequent pinball part orders.

#3633 7 years ago

5/16 maybe. just order a kit .

#3649 7 years ago

my bet is gummed up diverter, slowing the action. disassemble, clean, do not lube.

#3654 7 years ago

you can reset all scores in one swoop. i think it's in utilities.

#3657 7 years ago

start playing. you'll knock it off there eventually.

#3660 7 years ago

i don't know if you can manually set grand champ to 0. that's probably just the default after a reset.

#3668 7 years ago

you need to score some points, dog.

#3670 7 years ago

it's tough to really get into it, if stuff's not working properly. you'll get there.

#3687 7 years ago

you would know if it was hitting the plastic. if it only hits something on the final loop when the diverter is closing, then it's not the plastic.

#3706 7 years ago

moral of the thread?

#3710 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Pinball machine are finicky.

you think? lol. but we love them so.

#3731 7 years ago

yeah, seriously. tired of hearing about the cubs.

#3738 7 years ago

that stinks.

#3779 7 years ago

looks good to me.

#3855 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I have red legs and pincabs on mine, but the rails and lockbar are a bit over the top for my taste.

classy lineup.

#3946 7 years ago

but it says in the manual...

#3950 7 years ago

sort of similar: i love when my BSD shoots out of the asylum kickout into the rat hole. it's nice when something works "as it should". definitely more enjoyable.

#3958 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dang, it's $48 on e-bay! I think I need more than one pinball machine before I spend this kind of money on a level.

get on that.

1 week later
#4106 7 years ago

erretime i come 'round yo city; bling, bling.

#4135 7 years ago

where's the mountain? come on, man.

1 month later
#4574 7 years ago

yeah, i'd say you need to investigate.

#4576 7 years ago

oh, i see. i thought you were the one scoring 6 billion.

i agree. when i felt like i had a good game, it was a couple hundred million. a jackpot or two; extra ball or two. not a world record or anything. i was on L5, default scoring. extra ball instead of extra credit. points for special.

#4577 7 years ago

it's like anything else. i used to golf a lot and got the shits of people telling me what they shoot, then going out and playing with them watching them cheat for 18 holes.

i'd say it's safe to assume no two pins are setup the same on here, so you'll never be able to really compare scores, unfortunately. it's not really cheating, but there's a million ways to setup the scoring, etc.

#4579 7 years ago

practice. watch papa videos on youtube.

#4580 7 years ago

obviously i can't find one for HS2 with tutorial. gameplay vids are okay, but i really like the ones where they talk about what they're doing. tournament videos with commentary are cool, too.

3 weeks later
#4787 7 years ago

you guys replace batteries while on? is it really that dangerous?

#4790 7 years ago

yeah, that's why i didn't wanna do it that way. just did my BSD. kinda hard to get them out and in, but not bad. thanks, guys.

#4847 7 years ago

yeah, it would cost a couple bucks, max, to make. creating the mold would be the hardest part. guess you'd have to have one to make copies. people would be lined up. are there copyright issues?

#4850 7 years ago

someone can just make a new one. you can't copyright a mountain, can you? lol.

#4851 7 years ago

anybody that just wants one for their own, hell, paper mache something together. i think that would be kind of fun.

#4861 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We have been working on this for the last couple on months. Its almost ready for its reveal.

get ready to be rich.

1 week later
#4972 7 years ago

topper is a must, brah. makes the game.

#4978 7 years ago

hell, i thought he meant he didn't have a beacon light.

2 weeks later
#5241 7 years ago

make sure you have the right plunger. it's different for HS2. plenty have been replaced with the wrong part over the years.

#5260 7 years ago

attract mode cleanup.

#5282 7 years ago

while you're in there, tear apart and clean your drain kicker.

#5284 7 years ago

hey, you posted a picture .

#5289 7 years ago

order consolidation: good move.

#5368 7 years ago

quick comment about game collection size: having similar system games is real nice when troubleshooting or putting like assemblies back together. i have swapped boards between wpc's for testing purposes. you also have a backup, if (when) your game is out of order and you really need that itch scratched.

#5378 7 years ago

i'd rebuild the diverter first.

#5380 7 years ago

between the coil sleeve down there, i assume some kind of linkage and general gunk buildup, that's where i'd look.

#5381 7 years ago

had the same issue on mine before i sold, and my plan was to rebuild the diverter. was not looking at the optos at all. like you said, if they work, they work. that was my philosophy.

#5411 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Would it keep the ball from overshooting the "hole" ? Meaning right now the ball goes in the tunnel, hits the hole, continues momentum and rolls up the lane a little farther, and then rolls back in.
Thoughts?

that's the design. nothing wrong with that.

#5442 7 years ago

here's a players HS2 that just popped up on clist for any lurkers in here:

newyork.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#5853 7 years ago

open.

#5854 7 years ago

to test, go into switch test, then move the flipper bat up with your fingers. the eos switch should register right at the top of stroke.

#5877 7 years ago

you know you're supposed to break a car in slowly, right?

#5878 7 years ago

i bought a new 2003 350z back in the day. that brings back memories.

1 month later
#6176 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ahhh nothing better than freshly rebuilt pop bumpers. All 3 of my wafers were cracked and the ball couldn't trigger them any more.

same here. actually, HS2 was the only game i've had that needed new skirts. kinda weird.

#6192 6 years ago

you haven't played HS2 yet, is what you're saying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=weaverj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.