• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_fonz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 10 years ago

Hi Guys - first post on pinside to join the HS2 club. So G'day from the most isolated city in the world. This was my first pinball - and as probably some of you can relate to, was an absolute beater. Being new to the hobby I got shafted as well on price by some dodgy operators. I could have conceded, and maybe hated the hobby, but instead I have turned a negative into a positive, and 10 pins later, this is now the pride of my collection.

Here is mine finished today. Restored & ceramic clear coated playfield. Totally rebuilt, re decaled and clear coated cabinet. Custom red pearl trim (thought the door would be a bit much), alternate back glass, cointaker LED's throughout. New plastics, red metallic flipper bats and flipper buttons, Flipper Fidelity complete kit. Many, many brand new parts, I could go on and on - could have had me a Medieval Madness for the cost !!! Supercharger black pearl, with violet flick. I have red, orange and silver metallic flames still to add to this. Have some custom decals for apron & supercharger still coming.P1010613.JPGP1010613.JPGP1010614.JPGP1010614.JPGP1010615.JPGP1010615.JPGP1010616.JPGP1010616.JPGP1010617.JPGP1010617.JPG59647-2.jpg59647-2.jpg59647-3.jpg59647-3.jpg59647-4.jpg59647-4.jpg

#154 10 years ago

Thanks guys - really was a labour of love. This game will never leave my collection

#157 10 years ago

Well my original translight was toast (like 70%) of the machine. This is how I ended up with it. Having said that I think it does relate. You do pick a hot women up with the first ball lock right ?

1 month later
#204 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Added the Key mod yesterday - simple but awesome. Also added clear superbands to my red metallic flipper bats. I am very happy with the look.

#213 10 years ago

The cabinet is clearcoated. Many, many times.

#216 10 years ago

To achieve the result I did was very time consuming and expensive. I have an automotive accident repair centre, so it is top range automotive clearcoat applied in conrolled conditions. After decals were applied, there is a special 2 PAC sealer applied wet, followed immediately by 2 even coats of high solid clear (sprayed of course) heat was then gently applied for 40min (100F for my amercian friends) then it was left overnight. We then cut back the clearcoat with P600 with an orbital sander, this was to remove any imperfections to create an extremely flat surface in order to get a mirror finish. Then we applied the high solid clearcoat again (2 coats as before). The cutting heating and re applying happened about 5 times. We then finally achieved a flawless deep gloss mirror finish that is 100 UV protected. Those reds will be red forever, regardless of where that cab sits.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How much would you have charged someone to do their game like that?

Funny - all the guys here who have seen it ask exactly the same question. Honestly the cost would outweigh the benefit for most. There would be approx $350-500 in top of the line clear on it. Plus the labour - conservatively 5-8 hours at my shop rate. The only way I would do it for someone else would be in some sort of trade for pinball related stuff. I ceramic clearcoted a MM playfield for a guy who got my CP going for me. A lot of work for me - a lot of work for him. You should see that playfield !

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah that's a few $$$ alright. What is ceramic clearcoat?

Ceramic clearcoat is a virtually scratch proof clear. They are now putting it on the latest BMW's an Merc's. It is similar in nature to a coffee cup surface. Very difficult to vandalise with a key. I have seen completely smashed panels that are squashed - but not scratched. Very durable stuff. My cab and playfield have also been finished in this.

Hey I'll do a playfield and a cab for you if you strip and re assemble my TOM so I can do mine !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_fonz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=the_fonz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.