• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3524 7 years ago

Just joined the club. Spent 4 hours removing the mylar . She cleaned up real good.

Getaway after (resized).jpgGetaway after (resized).jpg

Getaway after2 (resized).jpgGetaway after2 (resized).jpg

#3549 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Welcome to the club! What mylar do you speak of ? Mine doesnt have any and im pretty sure it never did.

here are the before pics of the failing broken down mylar.

before 1 (resized).JPGbefore 1 (resized).JPG

before 2 (resized).JPGbefore 2 (resized).JPG

#3569 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wow, what a difference. What process did you use to remove the failing mylar, how difficult was it and how long did it take, and did it damage the playfield anywhere? Overall, looks like A+ for Diamond Plate.

Since my playfield is a diamond plate, I knew there was clear under the mylar. I used a sharp razor blade to gently lift he mylar on the edge. I simultaneously pulled back the mylar horizontally while assisting the separation with the blade. I made sure to keep the blade as flat and almost parallel with the playfield as possible. I made sure to go very slow and kept an eye out for any lifting of paint or clear. After all the Mylar was removed, I used a combination of flour and ethanol for the residual glue. The alcohol makes the glue softer but gummy and the flour binds to it so it doesn't stick back. Total process took me about 4 hours. I don't recommend using a blade on a surface that has no clear though.

1 month later
#4311 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'm getting a diverter error on the loop. Coil test shows diverter high works but nothing happens with diverter low. Has anyone had this type of error or suggestions?

#4313 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Sounds similar to an issue I had. My problem was the opto on the entrance ramp was bad. A switch test determined which opto was not working. I replaced both the tax and rx opto just to be sure and the diverted error went away. You should also do a supercharger test.

Thanks, I was about to rip everything apart and focus on the diverter which works, just hate those damn error warnings. I will check entrance optos tonight.

2 months later
#4985 7 years ago

Got my powder coating back. Done in cherry red. Thanks SUPERBEE for the contact. I also added a a few extra LED strips to give it that nuclear powered look.

Getaway Premium 1 (resized).jpgGetaway Premium 1 (resized).jpg

Getaway Premium 2 (resized).jpgGetaway Premium 2 (resized).jpg

#4989 7 years ago

Thanks, I bought a used diablo on ebay too to round out the look.

#4990 7 years ago

Just $9 but shipping was $25

#4996 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

1/24 is way too big if your going to mount it over the lock wireform ramp. 1/43 is what you want.

crap, the one I got is 1:18. That thing will cover half the playfield.

#5012 7 years ago

I'ts a bit pricey but I ordered this one once I found out how big the other one was.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009WY35M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#5021 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You'll have to replace that Euro license plate with a good ol' American "KINGPIN" version.

You read my mind

#5054 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

there is some irony to an officer loving a Getaway pinball machine since the entire theme and goal is speeding and avoiding the law.

Why not have the best of both worlds.

lamborghini cop car (resized).jpglamborghini cop car (resized).jpg

#5111 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I wish I knew about this when I was mailing stuff to you, ida sent you enough to do your whole game...
FYI, you can buy the stuff cheap in rolls at Home Depot, its just foam weather stripping with adhesive on one side, for doors, windows, etc.
You can use the extra to put a new seal under your lock bar!
Link... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-E-O-3-8-in-x-5-16-in-x-10-ft-Black-High-Density-Rubber-Foam-Weatherstrip-Tape-R538H/100189634

Thats a great price. My local distro charges me that by the foot.

#5114 7 years ago

Just picked up the Diablo for the Topper. Debating whether to cut out the headlights and put LED's or have external spots shine on the car.

Diablo (resized).jpgDiablo (resized).jpg

#5116 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would cut out the headlights and put lenses in with leds. Have them flash when the chase is on !!!

I already have the cop lights that blind the player when the chase is on. If I put headlights on and connect to GI, it might blind the player all the time. external spots shining on the car might be better.

4 weeks later
#5440 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the part number is to the switch for the outhole? I've been through the manual and the switch is not listed anywhere.

#5444 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Manual p 2-40, line 55

Sorry, its the switch for the burn rubber outhole. It doesn't appear in the list of switches on p 2-40 nor does it appear in the detail for the kicker outhole on page 2-22.

outhole switch (resized).jpgouthole switch (resized).jpg

#5451 7 years ago

Thanks guys I was going to Frankenstein a switch but this switch was tough to identify.Thanks again

#5456 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Uhhh, while your at it clean the red plastic or get a new one then light it up with a dual head red flex led.

Great idea, didn't think it could be done. Will do.

#5457 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Uhhh, while your at it clean the red plastic or get a new one then light it up with a dual head red flex led.

Outhole washed and clean and I soldered up a new socket for it. I didn't have a red bendy on hand but I put a 2smd premium diffused bulb for now. As an added bonus I took apart the switch since I was there anyway, cleaned it and adjusted the arm, now it works perfectly. Gotta love pinball Karma.

lit outhole (resized).jpglit outhole (resized).jpg

squeeky clean outhole (resized).jpgsqueeky clean outhole (resized).jpg

#5489 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sometimes I'll turn them all on just to look at them.

I'm guilty of that as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=superpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.