• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 88 votes
    33%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 263 votes by 262 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,921 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190616_204231 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20190607_113338 (resized).jpg
20190526_204558 (resized).jpg
20190526_204358 (resized).jpg
20190601_234306 (resized).jpg
20190607_105410 (resized).jpg
20190526_204354 (resized).jpg
20190607_105244 (resized).jpg
20190607_104100 (resized).jpg
20190607_104123 (resized).jpg
20190527_203018 (resized).jpg
20190601_234324 (resized).jpg
20190607_103623 (resized).jpg
20190527_203025 (resized).jpg
20190526_204350 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparksterz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7490 1 year ago

I've been having an annoying issue lately with the ball getting stuck on the upper left of the playfield behind the second wire roll over switch. Has anyone else had this problem? It's gotten quite annoying...I'm thinking about bending the wire to try and help, but I'm a bit hesitant to do so before asking around.

I've attached a picture...not the greatest, but it's a switch underneath the super charger which makes it exceedingly annoying to get to. I've resorted to mostly cranking down my sensitivity on the tilt sensor so I can hip check the machine to get it loose, but it's happening a bit too often.

45 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8000 1 year ago

Alright guys, I've got a controversial question here. I'm looking to pick up a Color DMD for my Getaway and I see a lot of you guys have them. I'm personally a fan of the dots and don't suspect I'd use other filters, due to that I'm leaning towards the LED version of the panel over the LCD. My biggest concern however is in ghosting during the video mode of the machine with the LED panel. I know it's not as much of an issue with the LCD, which is why I'm still considering it.

Does anyone with an LED panel regret it, or prefer it? This will be my first Color DMD so I don't have a frame of reference as I've never seen either type in person. I know I'll be picking up an anti-glare mask either way, but still unsure of which panel to pick up...

#8018 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You mean the ball is hitting it?, nahh it shouldn't be. Is the ramp lifting up fully, perhaps something getting jammed in the mech?

I have had mine get confused before and it basically triggers the ramp up when it's already lifted. Particularly during the pre-ball search, where the first thing it checks is a lifted ramp before triggering all the other solenoids in case the ball is pinned under it.

3 weeks later
#8092 1 year ago

I kinda view things this way, and maybe I'm off base, but it would seem LCD really is more of a replacement, with a general enhancement ability to allow for different viewing types. I am mostly interested in keeping a close to original experience with the addition of color, which really is all that an LED type display can do. I've thought about it for quite a bit, and I think that's the one I'm going to have to go with for that reason. I guess if I find out I've made a huge mistake I can always sell it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 months later
#8426 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To everyone that ordered CPR Plastics for getaway (in the past or recently)...
I have been discussing with Kevin@CPR about the hole template on the set. I got a replacement set recently, and found the holes drilled for the layered plastics on the slingshots and near the shooter lane where the plastic snap-in standoffs were used were not big enough.
By stand-offs... I mean these fun puppies..
[quoted image]
Kevin says they've not had any issues with this in the past, and we're trying to understand if this is 'steve is stupid' moment, or if other people have had similar issues but just not brought it up (and if changes should be made!)
The specifics... the hole template seems to be 5/32 as the standard screw mount hole size. But there was no difference in size between screw mounts and these stand-off+screw mount hole locations. In particular, the gauge plastics that sit over the slingshots, and the speed sign plastic that is near the lock on the side of the playfield. Plastics at the back of the game, did have larger holes for the stand-offs.
In my case, I expanded the holes to 13/64 to make it large enough to accomodate the stand-off+bolt.
Before Kevin goes and makes going forward changes, can any of you previous buyers chime in on your experience?
Thx

I put my CPR plastic set in a few years ago, but I do recall making the holes for those stand-offs a bit larger. I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I was sure I'd break it even if I managed to cram them in there. Luckily I still had the protective sheets on when I drilled the holes so it was no big deal really. Never did mention it as it was my first plastics kit.

1 week later
#8472 9 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I like it, but I admit I kinda saw it different in my head. Somehow I thought you'd see the balls in the windows... although they clearly lock UNDER the building.
You don't really see them stock either with that metal plate there IIRC.

Yeah, you really don't unless you're trying pretty hard to angle yourself. The metal plate is just a bit boring in my opinion. Attaching a car, sticker, or donut shop at least makes it a little more interesting.

5 months later
#9088 4 months ago

Yep, having replaced a broken one myself in the past I was so excited when I saw that piece...I knew exactly what it was lol.

3 months later
#9448 27 days ago

Interesting...I typically recoil when I hear a game with pinsound in place of the original audio. Then again, I've never played one, this is only in YouTube videos.

I usually feel the same about the alternate translights too though. I prefer the machine original with slight touches. So, playfield mods, additional police flashers, color DMD are all up my alley, but once you start modifying it too much it feels too different to me.

I can understand the allure for a lot of people though, this is quite a basic machine on its own minus the eye catching super charger.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falling Waters, WV
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.00
$ 279.95
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 28.00
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparksterz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside