• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlbohon3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8486 5 years ago

Agreed! Very nice job with the speaker panel mod.

4 months later
#9064 5 years ago

VERY cool! Especially loving the chopper.

3 weeks later
#9139 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Also after putting LEDs in the controlled lights, I have the red/violet line ghosting really bad, but only when I have a socket in the red light mania bulb. If I pull the socket out everything is fine. Switches sockets and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Could that mean that the particular LED you have in the red light mania socket has a fairly leaky diode? Maybe try a different bulb if you have one to see if the behavior changes.

1 week later
#9213 5 years ago

I just installed a LED ColorDMD on my Getaway. Looks awesome; better than I was expecting and looks better in person than in pics. Only complaint is that in a dark room, the top edge of the top row has what looks like the back light shining through making a horizontal line fairly visible. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Aside from that, I’m still quite pleased with the DMD.

2BDD8353-2C4A-42B7-A299-D89078F15E8A (resized).jpeg2BDD8353-2C4A-42B7-A299-D89078F15E8A (resized).jpeg64C8C9AE-125B-40A5-80DC-291C55B1EEE7 (resized).jpeg64C8C9AE-125B-40A5-80DC-291C55B1EEE7 (resized).jpeg
#9215 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

you could try wrapping it in with electrical tape or the foam that ColorDMD sells...[quoted image]

Thanks. Yep, I was thinking the same thing about trying tape. Good suggest on the foam; that’s probably a better idea. Still looks great. My OCD can’t ignore the white line at the top so I’ll do something.

#9217 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

In the settings on the back of the panel can't you shift the image up and down of the led version? You can with the lcd version.

Nope. Settings are:
Contrast
Brightness
LED (RBG/RGB)

#9225 5 years ago

I had a little bit of ghosting and am using mostly Comet 2smd bulbs (not a non-ghosting design) but that went away once I added an LED OCD board for the playfield. If you don’t ever plan to use a LED OCD board, then non-ghosting bulbs should help. I just like the dimming quality the LED OCD does with standard LED bulbs.

#9235 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

It's @ an inch long. It's a 1\8 inch in diameter. Also it's a Phillips head screw.
[quoted image]

That's exactly what I had to do on my game. A visit to a local hardware store and I came home with a metal tube. I cut a piece to length and it worked just fine.

1 month later
#9414 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome! Glad to see another adapter of this great mod. Thanks to those who brought my attention to it here in the Getaway thread.

Sorry if I've missed it, but is there a video out there yet of Pinuindo in action on Getaway?

#9416 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Video....link didn't populate...it's on previous page of this thread.

(smacking forehead) totally missed it. Looks great!

1 week later
#9437 4 years ago

I'm loving my colorDMD LED version on Getaway. Just looks "generation" right to me and I would do it again. Looks like it was meant to be with the game, especially with all the other LED lighting improvements. And as strange as it may be, it seems the "video mode" is clearer/easier to do. Other than that, I agree w/ Tantrum that the interaction w/ the DMD is pretty minimal.

As for PinSound, I can't give a fair opinion on that because I've never played or heard one *in person* (only some YouTube impressions). I still like the original sounds of Getaway and other than maybe wanting to improve the sound quality a little, I haven't really wanted to change the sound tracks. But again in all fairness, I can't give a fair opinion of PinSound as I've never really experienced it. I totally get the idea of different music (or different [anything]) that is part of engagement while playing the game and can bring you in more while playing it. Hope to someday checkout a PinSound in person on a Getaway.

#9479 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just installed this nice mod from fellow pinsider Biglaw!

Oh that is very cool!! NICE!

3 years later
#13010 11 months ago

Several years ago, I bought the flashing blue lights as a mod for my Getaway (pic of mine mounted on backbox next to beacon). I'm now working on another Getaway rest-mod project for someone else and would like to add these again. For the life of me, I cannot seem to find a source for these and cannot recall where I got mine. Does anyone recall where these came from/who offers them? See pic. Thanks!

IMG_9317 (resized).jpgIMG_9317 (resized).jpg
#13012 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Flipper flasher? Where is that located, anyone? I have the manual and I can't find it. It's a wedge flasher.
[quoted image]

Blue with violet stripe wire. Found it here:

DCFCD3CE-1667-4D1C-8FE0-71BE50FFEF58 (resized).jpegDCFCD3CE-1667-4D1C-8FE0-71BE50FFEF58 (resized).jpegF2589C39-C851-40E5-AAAC-EE2E1E976EBF (resized).jpegF2589C39-C851-40E5-AAAC-EE2E1E976EBF (resized).jpeg128E95FD-AD9D-4997-BA73-56F66289857A (resized).jpeg128E95FD-AD9D-4997-BA73-56F66289857A (resized).jpeg

#13014 11 months ago

It’s all definitely a personal choice and no right or wrong answers, but for me I put 3 red wedge flashers in the middle and blue on the outer 2.

8C02D3DD-25FE-4BCC-A364-5E2B043FBE84 (resized).jpeg8C02D3DD-25FE-4BCC-A364-5E2B043FBE84 (resized).jpeg
#13019 11 months ago

Thanks guys on the blue flasher topper light info. I found from my Mezel Mods account that I did buy the lights from them back in 2018, but they don't list them anymore. Also, I looked through the other thread from poster Black_Rose and it sounds like he doesn't have them anymore either. Bummer on both sources; it's a good mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 20.00
Trade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rlbohon3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=rlbohon3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.