• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5820 7 years ago

How much did you spend on modifications for this Getaway? Looks amazing!

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, that's a multi-part question.
1) I had both faulty CPU and Power Driver boards which I replaced with Rotten Dog. I don't really count this as these were not mods, but necessary repairs.
2) Parts & supplies: misc repairs, hardware, new rubbers, new flippers, cleaning stuff, paint, etc. I would guess about $400-$500
3) Purchased Mods: Vinyl wrap, LED's, Key Starter. $300-$400
4) DIY Mods: very little as most of these are my own design, self print, and self made.
5) My latest expenses: PinSound & PIN2DMD, about $550
Plus all of the above was supplemented by a few hundred bucks that I made selling my mods to many at very reasonable price points. Have I spent more on the machine that it is worth, sure. However, this is my very first pin and I've used it as a learning experience. I have performed all my own repairs and mods with the help of this forum over the last year, and have loved every minute of it. Also, I never see myself departing with this machine.
If I was starting over with a solid machine (I now know better what to look for), I would say you are probably looking at $2,500 or so to get into a nice Getaway, $300 for LED conversion with adds, then it's up to you on anything you want to spend above that along with any DIY mods. I know others in this forum have much less on theirs, and I also know others have much more. Of course, you are always welcome to find one that already has most everything you want, and pay a premium price for it in exchange for not having to do much/any work to it, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks very much for the breakdown. I do have a Getaway that I purchased a couple months back for $3,000CDN. The person selling it got it with the house they bought 10 years earlier. I guess the person didn't want the hassle of moving it, so it came with the house. Its in pretty decent shape but pretty well original condition. Like you, I don't think I would ever part with it and now look forward to adding some of these mods to personalize it. Great to see what is possible in terms of improving the condition.

1 week later
#5927 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Supercharger Ramp Sign? Love to pick one up in Allentown if possible. Thanks.

#5941 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The whole thing or a specific piece?

This is how it looks right now. Ideally like to get the stand part as well if possible. Thanks.

supercharger (resized).jpgsupercharger (resized).jpg

#5953 7 years ago

Does anyone know if you can buy the decals for the front of the Getaway? My machine had a lock bar when it was originally used so the decals look pretty crappy. Thanks.

#5961 7 years ago

Any suggestions on restoring the front decals and damage caused by the lock bar? Thanks.

Front (resized).jpgFront (resized).jpg

#5966 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Have to do something to make it look better.

1 year later
#7885 5 years ago

Does anyone sell the target stickers? Thanks.

#7888 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You can make your own or PM me and I'll make and sell to you. I've made sets for multiple Getaway owners and they can chime in if they like them or not.
http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

That be excellent! Are you going to Allentown again this year?

10 months later
#9082 5 years ago

Here are some photos of some recent decals I ordered from Mr_Tantrum for my Getaway. I highly recommend his stuff and they are all very high quality! Noticed the MPH decal is a little off

Includes:

- Getaway flipper decals
- Donut Heaven decal
- "Do Not Enter" decal
- "Mile 1" decal
- Gauge target decals
- Mountain decal

stick1 (resized).jpgstick1 (resized).jpgstick2 (resized).jpgstick2 (resized).jpgStick 4 (resized).jpgStick 4 (resized).jpgstick 3 (resized).jpgstick 3 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#9227 5 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Finally found a decent priced getaway near me. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it plays great.
[quoted image]

Glad that lead worked out. If you want to add any new decals to your game, I highly recommend these. If you want to share an order and split the shipping, let me know. I need to order a few more things. Mr_Tantrum makes a bunch of other decals, not included in the link below, as well.

http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball/

2 weeks later
#9282 5 years ago

Looking at doing a Pinsound remix for my Getaway. Here are my choices: The Clash, Rush or Black Sabbath.

My preference is The Clash. Think “Police on my back” would be perfect for the video mode chase. If you have suggestions, PM me.

#9287 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What would be your selection for the main theme song from each group?

I haven't decided yet. Have to play around with each song to see which fits best. Most of these groups have some great instrumental elements, which I think would work well.

2 weeks later
#9310 4 years ago

When I took off my Getaway speaker today, this is what I found underneigh. Not sure if from the factory?

AF82E748-ED7E-4CF1-8EA5-CFB72E99537A (resized).jpegAF82E748-ED7E-4CF1-8EA5-CFB72E99537A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9336 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My other PinSound orchestration idea for the Getaway is all songs from the "Baby Driver" soundtrack if there is any interest.

My "The Clash" orchestration is almost done. The problem I find is the main tracks seem to repeat quite a bit. I probably used 20+ songs but a lot only play when you get to Red Light Mania or the jackpots. Need to add some more songs to the main theme tracks.

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you put multiple songs in the same folder, then it will play them randomly when that event is called.

Yes, working on adding a bunch of songs to the main theme files. When the ball is in the supercharger, do you know what sounds are activated? Thanks for your help.

#9343 4 years ago

One more reason for Getaway owners to purchase a Pinsound + card, coming soon, Getaway "The Clash" remix. See sample video below. Should be uploaded to the Pinsound Community in the next couple days. Still have a little tweeting to do, but this will give you a taste. Video is worth watching just to see all the dancing in the background. If you have any suggested changes, feel free to PM me. Enjoy!

#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

appreciate the effort but the clash is a little off beat for high speed

Not if your a Clash fan. What is more appropriate than "Police on my back" for video mode

3 weeks later
#9480 4 years ago

After countless hours working on my first orchesration for the Getaway, I have had a total of three downloads so far. I guess there are not many Clash fans on this site.

If other Pinsound owners want to give it a try, I would love some feedback either way. That way I know what to improve on for the next one. I do plan to update it with more Clash Voice tracks as my original focus was the music files. Thanks.

#9484 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I will also be downloading this file at some point soon.
Thanks for the work involved.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Oh there are fans, I’m one of them. Working OT this week just to get a new pinsound board and speakers for my newly acquired getaway. Will order them next Friday and yours will be the first to down load!

Glad to hear. Let me know if there is anything you would like to add. With Mr_Trantrum's permission, I would like to update some of the effect sounds from his orchestrations. They are much better than the original orchestration.

1 week later
#9500 4 years ago

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

#9502 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Geez. It must suck to get old...

Yes, I'm getting old. Ball jokes are always funny on a pinball forum.

#9505 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does this occur every time? I'm assuming you are referring to 2 balls being sent into the shooter lane? When this happens does the first actually launch or are the two balls staged together and then launched?
My first thought would be a bent or flaky shooter lane switch.

It happens before the ball is launched. Two come out in the shooter lane at the same time. If I launch the first ball before the second comes out, the second doesn't come out. Thanks.

#9507 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has to be a switch somewhere (maybe one in shooter lane or in trough). Have you run a full switch test in service mode while manually triggering each of the switches in the trough/shooter area?

No, but I will give that a try. Funny, was using it last night and issue stopped again.

#9520 4 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Not to state the obvious, I'm sure you checked but is it possible you have too many balls installed in the game somehow?
And of course check the switches as others have said.

If that is the case, I am getting old. Although it doesn’t happen every time. I did try some Pinsound balls in the game (found them too light). Maybe I left one in?

#9529 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I noticed recently that two balls are coming out at a time. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

If anyone comes across this issue, was a pretty easy solution. The wire lever in the shooter lane was not reading the ball so it just needed to be bent up a little. Problem solved. It’s amazing how so many problems have an easy fix.

#9530 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Attention all PinSound owners | I just finished my "Baby Driver" orchestration, and am working on getting it uploaded to the community forum.

Looking forward to it. I’m not sure if Getaway has the most orchesrations but it must be in the top three. Disco version still in the works? Thanks.

1 week later
#9570 4 years ago

I am in the process of adding a color DMD to my Getaway. I want to make sure this issue is ok before I power up the machine. I had to connect the ground for the DMD to the same ground as the left speaker (Flipper Fidelity). Is it ok to have two grounds running to the same post? Please see image below. If there is a better solution, please let me know. Thanks for the help!

DMD Ground (resized).jpgDMD Ground (resized).jpg
#9572 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's fine to do. Most grounds are all tied together with a metal strap so they all act as 1 big grounding point.

Thanks for confirming.

#9574 4 years ago

A couple Getaway extras from Pintastic this year. Got the chance to meet Steve Richie, the designer of Getaway. He did a seminar at the show and mentioned the story behind Getaway was he was speeding in a Porsche in LA and got stopped by the police doing 162 MPH.

get 1 (resized).jpgget 1 (resized).jpgget 2 (resized).jpgget 2 (resized).jpgget 3 (resized).jpgget 3 (resized).jpg
#9577 4 years ago

You missed two really nice decals for these two spots

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9580 4 years ago

Scarface or Pulp Fiction orchestration? Thoughts. Pulp Fiction has better music, Scarface better punch lines. First R Rated orchestration for the Getaway for sure.

#9583 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Pulp all day. I can help w ideas too!

Thanks, I will probably do both. Just need to figure out how to get a good copy of the film in MP3 so I can copy parts of the vocals. Songs are easy to get off of Youtube.

2 weeks later
#9611 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Scarface or Pulp Fiction orchestration? Thoughts. Pulp Fiction has better music, Scarface better punch lines. First R Rated orchestration for the Getaway for sure.

Ok so I have started to work on a Pulp Fiction orchestration today. Have updated all the music so far and now need to work on the VOICE replacements. There are a lot, 57 in total, so will take some work. If anyone wants to help, please PM me and I will send you the list. I may start a separate thread as well. Thanks.

1 week later
#9641 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Some of the files you can listen to on the Pinsound site. Others you have to download to listen to, like your Clash orchestration. Would love to hear it but don't have pinsound board yet.

Here is a link to a sample. Have uploaded a second version now to the community with more vocal tracks. Still need to tweet it a bit as some tracks are not perfect in terms of volume or length.

Found a cool vocal track of Joe Strummer saying, "Take that car out of that gear". Perfect for "shift gears now". Some other vocal tracks that are relevant to the game, "It's a yellow light", "What a great traffic system, it's so bright", "I said Jesus Christ, where do get that Cadillac", "Everybody's driving with four headlights".

1 week later
#9710 4 years ago

Anyone thought about a decal for the top left plastic? Seems kind of boring as is. Thanks.

#9711 4 years ago

Those that live in Canada, picked this up recently at Mini So. It does have headlights that light up but no idea how to wire it to the game. Think it was $15 Cdn.

2A9415BF-BFC8-4653-9297-25CAFA99EE59 (resized).jpeg2A9415BF-BFC8-4653-9297-25CAFA99EE59 (resized).jpegA52C5077-FFD8-4652-80E8-E51718B36F66 (resized).jpegA52C5077-FFD8-4652-80E8-E51718B36F66 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9807 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thus far I've taken about 3 passes at the shaker programming. At this point, I'd say I'm about 60% done. Assigning actions to sounds is easy, getting the right shaker motion, duration, etc. for each event takes time to do it right. I'm trying to not overdo things by shaking the entire house on every event, but at the same time not underdo them either. Looking for a good balance of varying shaker motions on key gameplay events.
I must say that so far, I'm loving the shaker. It adds a new tactile element to the game and you can always switch to a non-shaker orchestration whenever you don't want the shaker experience. Had some real-life issues come up today, so probably wont get back to things until later today or sometime later in the 3 day weekend, but I'll keep the group updated.
At this point, I definitely see and feel the potential, and would 100% recommend the shaker to everyone who is considering it for Getaway.

Thanks for doing this. Do you think the shaker would cause an issue when the ball is in the supercharger rotation? Thanks.

#9829 4 years ago

Thanks for all the work on the shaker. Will Pinsound be tracking orchestrations with and without the shaker features in the community?

#9837 4 years ago

Is that slow motion or what?

3 weeks later
#9873 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So I've posted a few times over the last couple of years about ideas of how to fix my coin door holes. People shared some ideas, but nothing offered was something I wanted to undertake. As a result, I've gone on with life being bugged by it every time I play the game or even walk by the machine. I don't know why it didn't hit me sooner, but I tonight I figured why not make a decal to cover that area? . . . so I did. Not sure if this is a unique problem to me, but if anyone else is interested in the decal I will sell it for $10 shipped to US (pm me if interested).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the exact same problem. More pinball money

#9881 4 years ago

Congrats on number 3! No 4 is not too far off.

#9885 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

3 is a good number, I've come to that conclusion for myself only, sure I could probably squeeze 5 into my space but I'm happy with 3. I can swap out one for another if I choose, like I did with my PZ for TS. At this point I'm pretty happy with the pins that I have, maybe would consider changing out my Getaway for a GB, maybe... only thing that could change that is if I find a crazy deal on a project pin, as that is a part I really enjoy, bringing back a beater to it's former glory. Enjoy!

That’s what I thought until I got number 4 and now up to 8.

2 weeks later
#9939 4 years ago

As mentioned previously, I started to work on a Pulp Fiction orchestration for the Getaway. All of the music tracks are done, just need to work on the voice tracks. As there are a lot of great vocal tracks from the movie, like to replace all of the vocal tracks with original sounds from the film. Here are the voice tracks from the original Getaway orchestration and the replacements so far from the film. If anyone has any suggestions on vocal tracks to use, and where they may work well, please post away. Please keep in mind the length of the vocal track, since if it is too long, it will get cut off during game play. Thanks for your help.

Pulp Fiction Replacement Image 1 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 1 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 2 (resized).JPGPulp Fiction Replacement Image 2 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#9984 4 years ago

Has anyone done a spreadsheet for the color bulbs needed for inserts, etc? Looking to update with new Comet bulbs. Any bulbs owners have used that you are happy with? Anything to avoid? Thanks.

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I'll throw mine in here as well in case it helps.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JXrVWkt0pT8KE-Pao9o1GCdVKzX1lbI6SrglDpxkP5s/edit?usp=sharing
I also used Comet for all my lights. I went with non-ghosting 2SMD lights as my ROM was patched for LEDs.
I'm a fan of their Sunlight White option for GI and used their pop bumper discs (red/yellow/green) with clear caps for my bumpers.
Adding the strip lights for the GI as Mr_Tantrum has done is a clever way to light up the voids and super easy with Comet's matrix setup. I use them all the time in my JP mods.

Thanks for the details. Will experiment with a few different bulbs.

2 weeks later
#10041 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I'm thinking about getting the ColorDMD but I don't know which one to get the LED or the LCD. What are the Pro's and Con's?

I vote LCD. A lot more options. I have both. Pretty well you can copy the LED look with the LCD anyway.

Funny, I am thinking of swapping out my LCD from my Getaway back to the original. Don’t really think it is worth it in a Getaway, rather use the dmd on my AC/DC.

#10042 4 years ago

You may want to consider PIN2DMD as well. A lot cheaper option but full colorization not there yet.

#10045 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You may want to consider PIN2DMD as well. A lot cheaper option but full colorization not there yet.

Looks pretty complete to me. Great work! Hoping to try this once my PIN2DMD order arrives.

1 week later
#10068 4 years ago

Does anyone have a contact for the Getaway PIN2DMD file? Thanks.

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

its free to download over at VPU , LMK how you like it.
I am currently working on adding a working Video Mode

Thanks very much! What percent would you say is complete?

2 weeks later
#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

On my HS2 I have a volume control which allows me to switch between 6 different sound packages on the fly, which really keeps things interesting. I am a full pinsound believer.

I have never been able to get my Pinsound to play multiple orchestrations on my Getaway. Always cuts out any non music sounds. Still baffled.

#10108 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, really not sure what your issue may be as I've had multiple orchestrations from the beginning (I'm running 7 or 8 now), and they switch perfectly - the exterior headphone station is a must for this.

I can film a short video to show the problem. I must be doing something wrong when loading the files onto the USB, etc. I am pretty sure the folder structure is good. Also, it only seems to happen with the Pinsound + card, not the original version. I had an original version in my GnR and this worked no problem.

#10135 4 years ago

Downloaded orchestra from Pinsound- Copied directly to root of USB without unzipping per instructions above. What am I missing? Do I need to add "audio" folder?[quoted image]

I usually do all the copying of the files onto the USB through the Pinsound Studio software. It should create the correct folder structure for you. The current structure you have is incorrect.

#10154 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I'm using 6 sound packages on my Pinsound + board - Five I made and one of Mr_Tantrum's mixes ("John Wick" - which rocks). All are working well
First, reformat your flash drive as Mr_Tantrum mentioned (FAT32)
Second, you will need to put an "audio" folder and the config.pinsound file on the root.
Just start with one sound mix for now. I always use uncompressed WAV files. Put it in the audio folder.
Put the USB into the game. Start it up.
You should hear "loading sound files, please wait". This may take a half hour.
You should be good at this point.
To load more sound packages, just put them in the "audio" folder and repeat the process.
Switching sound packages on the Pinsound plus board while playing is a little different than Mr-Tantrum's Pinsound 1 board. To change sound packages you will need to turn the volume to zero twice. There is a little finesse with this, but you will get the hang of the timing of it. You will hear the "jingle" when the sound package changes.

I use Pinsound Studio to load files on USB. My board will load the file in under a minute. Not sure why some people have to wait 30 minutes for the file to load? I have never heard of the config.pinsound file being required to be loaded separately on the USB. Isn’t this file generated by the Pinsiund card when the file has been loaded? Thanks.

#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I use nothing to load the files onto mine other than Windows file explorer (fully documented in my guide thread).

How long does the game take to load a new orchestration? I’m not sure why others are experiencing wait times of 30 minutes when mine load within a minute of turning the game on with a brand new orchestration. This is the same for my Dr Who and Tommy, which also have Pinsound cards.

#10160 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I think it's a question of whether the package you've loaded on the USB drive has formats other than wav. When I put pinsound in my TZ I recall that installing either the default or the Granner package took quite awhile, and there are indeed a bunch of ogg files in there. Mr_T has talked about the value of using fre:ac to replace oggs and mp3s with wav in the source folders to skip this delay.

All my orchestrations use OGG format and still very little delay to load.

#10166 4 years ago

What do most of you think? LED or no LED in the backbox?

I had the same debate recently. Just updated with the Black Friday sales. It shows a lot more depth with the LED bulbs. I can take some photos tonight to show my bulb layout. It is pretty inexpensive as well. Some backglasses look good with LED bulbs, others I don’t see a difference. My GnR I don’t see the real difference.

Some games have too many bulbs in the backglass so it is better to leave some slots empty actually to get more effect from the bulbs. Getaway I use all the slots. Think I use red, blue, white and yellow bulbs and red flashers. I used mainly frosted, except clear red behind the Getaway lettering.

#10169 4 years ago

What do most of you think? LED or no LED in the backbox?

Here is my set up.

134750CC-AB84-4C5E-B1DC-7051387FC7AD (resized).jpeg134750CC-AB84-4C5E-B1DC-7051387FC7AD (resized).jpeg7AA89B51-E94E-4235-A2D0-A15A73D48F58 (resized).jpeg7AA89B51-E94E-4235-A2D0-A15A73D48F58 (resized).jpeg
#10171 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. Looks great.

Sure, looks better in person. Hard to see colors well and white is not so blinding. Can see the image clearly.

#10172 4 years ago

Kind of off topic but since so many Pinsound users for Getaway, cheap solution to having to access USB from behind backglass. You can pick up a USB extension cable for under $10. Now access USB easily from coin door. Great for those creating new orchestrations.

8325B3B8-F162-4744-8344-BBF7B1B25DAD (resized).jpeg8325B3B8-F162-4744-8344-BBF7B1B25DAD (resized).jpeg97ACDC2A-93D1-45DC-970B-2659A543060E (resized).jpeg97ACDC2A-93D1-45DC-970B-2659A543060E (resized).jpeg
#10173 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Kind of off topic but since so many Pinsound users for Getaway, cheap solution to having to access USB from behind backglass. You can pick up a USB extension cable for under $10. Now access USB easily from coin door. Great for those creating new orchestrations. I went with 10 foot version. [quoted image][quoted image]

#10175 4 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Pinsound shows up tomorrow. Have 2 sticks loaded to test them out. I can't wait!
STTNG is down for the count with a short I can't figure out.. This fella is going to get a workout tomorrow night.

I have a new Pulp Fiction orchestration for Getaway I may upload this weekend. It’s not perfect but a first draft. Need to find a way to improve the quality of the vocal tracks. Pretty sure they are mono. Taken from video clips from You Tube.

#10178 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is my final/favorite setup after having 3 or 4 different configurations over the last few years. I use Comet 4 SMD non-domed, non-ghosting bulbs. The reds and blues are obvious, the whiter looking bulbs are natural/cool white, and the two yellowish are warm white (they illuminate the driver & passenger). I also use the Comet 10SMD medium tower flashers (all natural/cool white). I do have an extra bulb at the bottom I added to illuminate the license plate.
GI Bulbs: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/4smd-non-ghosting
Flashers: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/medium-tower-flashers?variant=29411773382758[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I will give two yellows a try where the two people in the car are situated. Have you tried red clear behind the Getaway lettering?

#10179 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Ooh. Great idea

Like to do Scarface if I can find the soundtrack somewhere.

#10183 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Hey pinheads!
I finally got around to loading up my Pendulum based Pinsound orchestration to the pinsound community (after many iterations to make me happy with it). If you want a good ripping DnB soundtrack for your getaway, give it a try!
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/295-hs2-the-getaway-coyohtays-dnb-mix/

Will definitely check it out. I think Getaway is the leader in Pinsound orchestrations now. I think the count is up to 22. Keep them coming! Mr_Tantrum what happened to that disco remix? Back of the priorities now? Thanks.

#10194 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I currently have 4: original, ZZTop (reworked with additional songs from Afterburner and Recycler), Pendulum and a Rush one I'm working on. I still mostly play it with Pendulum as it really fits the theme. I would assume number of packages are only limited by the size of the thumb drive.

I did a Rush one for Dr Who. Check it out.

#10197 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Has anybody experimented with taking the original sound effects and "stereo-izing" them? What you do is take two copies of the sound, pan one left and one right, then delay one by 10-30 milliseconds.

Here's an example of three familiar Getaway effects. Each is first heard in mono and then in stereo.In the third one, the jackpot sound starts in mono and then expands to stereo.
Has anyone ever done this? Should I make more?

Definitely sounds a lot better. What program are you using to do this? Would love to use this for some of the vocal files I have downloaded off Youtube. Thanks.

#10201 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Requires the free Nyquist plugins | https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Download_Nyquist_Plug-ins#download
Process is as follows once plugin is installed (you can also script it):
1) Launch Audacity and load mono file
[quoted image]
2) Highlight entire wave image by double-clicking with your mouse, copy, then paste to create 2 identical tracks
[quoted image]
3) Click the black down triangle on the top track and select "Make Stereo Track" to join the two mono tracks
[quoted image]
4) Double click track to highlight, click on "Effect" menu, then click Pseud-Stereo to launch the settings window
[quoted image]
5) Set desired settings (my are 10% delay factor & 80% Effect mix for the Right (lower) channel) then click OK button (or you can preview) to apply effect.
[quoted image]
6) Export WAV audio as normal

Thanks for the details. I will try it. If it helps with the vocal quality, it would be worth it.

#10203 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I imported all of the Getaway SFX and picked an initial 36 to "stereoize." These have varying degrees of width, and some of them pan left and right in interesting ways. I won't have my pinsound until February but I wanted to get a head start. I'll be making more and feedback is welcome.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mj56y2bi7i90rx0/AAACbzcSgYNc-pgEnLoDv99qa?dl=0

What program can you open these in? Don't recognize the file type. Thanks.

#10208 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

FLAC. It didn’t occur to me to verify whether pinsound supports it. Let me make an MP3 version. Within 5 minutes of you reading this, the link above will offer MP3s as an alternative.

Thanks, I was able to open the files in Audacity ok. Will try a few on the game.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Get out the Windex and dust off those mirrored balls you have in the basement, as I've just finished all of the music for my new Getaway PinSound disco mix. I still need to actually test it with a few games, and I'm also considering adding in some of the spblat sound updates. Not sure if I can get everything done today or not, but the orchestration will definitely drop some time this week.
Here's a preview of my runsheet, assuming nothing changes after I test. My favorite track is the confidence booster you get when you set a high score - You Sexy Thing![quoted image]

Some great tunes! Can't wait. Glad you got some Bee Gees in and KC.

#10239 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

Here is my orchestration data for AC/DC after much trial and error. I agree with Estroh on the songs that never play. I have never heard Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution play on my machine and I put it in all the files that I thought never played to test that theory.
A big thanks to Tantrum for getting me started on this.[quoted image]

So are you releasing this AC/DC orchestration at some point? I have an AC/DC but the more the better! Thanks.

#10257 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Getaway Disco is in the can! I made a few minor adjustments on some of the music cuts, played several games achieving everything, and was feelin' pretty groovy doing it the whole time. Put on the bellbottoms, spin the mirrored ball, and hit the dance floor!
Once approved, orchestration will be available on the PinSound community site: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway
Yellow are tracks that you may never hear. If anyone does ever hear, please report back regarding what event triggers them and what ROM version you have installed.[quoted image]

Thanks for doing this. So when I work an orchestration, I don't have to bother changing those 11 folders? That is 11 out of 31. If so, I will move a bunch of songs that I have done for my orchestrations so they are actually used somewhere. That will save me some time in the future. Thanks.

#10265 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Two things:

1) If you download a fresh copy of the factory sound set from Pinsound you will find that the events you've marked yellow are not among the files.
2)
I have started a new spreadsheet in google sheets for planning purposes.<-- click
a) Everyone is free to copy this sheet for your own use.
b) Everyone is free (and encouraged) to edit column D in my copy, which is a note about each sound. Many of the descriptions are self explanatory, but there are some that need a more human description. For example, when specifically do we hear "main_theme_4" as opposed to "main_theme_3"? If you know, click above and enter it in! I'll be adding the notes @estroh
made earlier. Let's crowdsource some intelligence about these actions!
c) As I make progress in my first orchestration I'll be filling in column E. Then I'll probably amend the
scriptI made earlier to take data from this sheet and assemble the folders, taking factory files for any action that has a blank cell.

Thanks for doing this. Can you confirm 11 audio tracks never play. I only see one marked as never playing.

#10268 4 years ago

Will give a try tonight! Thanks for doing it.

2 weeks later
#10306 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That doesn't make sense. Speakers should work fine with original sound board (would be a waste of good speakers, IMO). There would be some possible wiring changes you would need to make depending upon what the previous owner did, but how to do so is fully documented.

Not the case, FF makes speakers specific for Pinsound. Can cause problems if use original board. I confirmed this with the owner of FF previously.

#10318 4 years ago

New decal that goes under lockdown bar. Hides all the old decals and rust, etc.

A8B9DF1B-F499-40A6-891A-AA067A29BB3E (resized).jpegA8B9DF1B-F499-40A6-891A-AA067A29BB3E (resized).jpeg
#10324 4 years ago

Question about the Getaway sound files, does anyone know what vocal tracks play after the ball drains? Sometimes I hear two tracks and sometime one. I have a few vocal tracks that are getting cut off but it really is not consistent from game to game. Thanks for the help!

#10330 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Jingle 1180682125 plays when you roll over an outlane. In my Crystal Method mix above, sometimes it plays to completion and sometimes it’s cut off. I don’t think there’s much you can do except make it shorter.
Here’s everything I know about when each sound is played. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_d4t4_4rld1eYnJWBPAOxjI__DjUkDJ7wV4f9icH7QM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help. I thought it was two different files playing as the first cuts short then the next file plays completely.

#10335 4 years ago

Just uploaded the Pulp Fiction orchestration to the Pinsound Community site. Appreciate any feedback. You may want to put the kids to bed before trying it. A few Motherf$&kers in the vocal track, etc.

Very fitting for Valentine’s Day

#10336 4 years ago

Short video of Pulp Fiction orchestration

1 week later
#10364 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'll second that. I have a new PinSound DMD Lux and a PIN2DMD in my Getaway, and it is great. The board is extremely well engineered, and it even looks great (although nobody ever sees it). It will work with any DMD (Standard, ColorDMD, PIN2DMD, etc.) and it only generates a fraction of the heat of the OEM or other aftermarket boards. This means better longevity for the board and less heat overall in the backbox which is always a good thing.
Also, one of the easiest things to replace in a pin. Literally takes 5 minutes or less.
[quoted image]

Do you really need this for $100? Thanks.

#10370 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Do you really "need" a pinball machine at all?

Seems like a lot of money for something that is not necessary. Just asking shitbird.

1 week later
#10422 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey Guys,
Been away for quite a while, did you miss me ? I see i have missed quite a few posts over the last year or so.

Welcome back! My collection has changed quite a bit since I picked up the Getaway as my second game. Up to 8 now

#10436 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

[quoted image]

Looks great. Wonder if anyone has ever replaced the gauge below it w a real gauge? My gauge decal got damaged with a lock bar so be great to hide this area. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#10509 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

What would cause a flipper to get weaker and weaker as you play? My left flipper starts out strong then after an hour of play it gets weak..

Interesting, I have the exact same problem with my Data East GnR. Been trying to figure it out for a while. I think my issue is related to power to the flipper. Does it move slower?

#10534 4 years ago

Never heard of a 2 ball multi-ball, doesn't exist.

#10561 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Finale will premiere tonight, everyone! Mr. Tantrum will be getting a lot of shout outs due to the mods. lol.

What are those brackets on each side by the glass? They appear to support the glass. I think they are side lighting actually. Thanks.

#10562 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What are those brackets on each side by the glass? They appear to support the glass. I think they are for side lighting actually. Thanks.

#10564 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Pin StadiumsOk, thanks. Took me a while to notice they were additional lighting

#10569 4 years ago

Can someone try downloading my Pulp Fiction orchestration and tell me if it works ok in their machine. The original posting didn't have the file attached. Here is the link. Thanks for the help!

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/312-pulp_fiction_pinballjah-v2/

1 week later
#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Finally got enough time to install the red light target stickers (no before) and the super charger loop sticker:
before:
[quoted image]
after:
[quoted image]
LOVE IT
I also got the mph/rpm/n20 gauge stickers in:
before:
[quoted image]
after:
[quoted image]
My only issue now is that the balls sometimes get stuck in the hold under donut heaven, but I cant figure out why.

What did you use to remove the old decal? Hair dryer? I have had mine for six months, still haven't installed it. Thanks.

#10605 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished my second set of Getaway 3D flipper toppers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-ampamp-high-speed-3d-flipper-toppers#post-5605312
These are a road design and come ready to install. Current price is $15 for the set of 3 including US shipping. As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I still love the regular ones you make. Don't forget to show those

#10607 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They are both in the market linked to The Getaway, and I'm still making both.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/74086

This one comes in a red and black as well. Love mine!

3 weeks later
#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from OlliG:

Hi everyone ... I'm back
(Was a little bit busy with other stuff lately....)
I'm currently working on a new Version of my Donut Heaven Mod...
This time with a different approach to the illuminated sign on the roof.
There is a long hole in it to be used with an led stripe...
I did not print this so far, but I hope to have better readability from the players Point of view and a better illumination of the letters.
And I did a few other modifications to for a better fit of all parts....see photos....
As soon as I#m ready I will upload everything to thingiverse.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you put some cop silhouettes in the windows? That would look cool

1 month later
#10705 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

So, why don't the two of us take the role of that proxy?
US buyers pay the seller directly for the product and have it sent to me.
Buyers pay me the idle fraction of the shipping cost and I relay it to you, registered parcel.
Buyers then pay local shipping to you and you distribute.
I will gladly do that, but I will not assume liability for anything happening with the shipment (damage or loss).

Thanks for the info. Any idea what he plans to charge for the actual part? I have no idea where it goes but if it may be helpful in the future, I would likely buy one. Thanks.

2 months later
#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't usually bag on things just to be mean, but this made me laugh and cry at the same time.
My Mountain Mod ($100 including shipping)
[quoted image]
Pinball Center Mountain Mod ($120 Euros + shipping)
[quoted image]

"hand crafted" lol, priceless

1 month later
#10783 3 years ago

Why you take the head off?

1 week later
#10815 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Batch will be done on Friday. Only one run of 15 pieces. 11 still available.
I'm not the one selling them, but I bought one.
The seller ist this guy in the German forum.
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/members/buschtaxi.28583/
German engineered so to speak.[quoted image]

Could you post a photo of where exactly this piece goes. Thanks.

#10819 3 years ago

Decided to go back to original speakers from Pinsound connection. I assume one of the three wires is a ground? Can someone post a photo of the original speaker wiring. Any easy way to determine the ground wire? Thanks for the help!

462E1CDC-5AA7-4031-911E-84752937D102 (resized).jpeg462E1CDC-5AA7-4031-911E-84752937D102 (resized).jpeg
#10820 3 years ago

Here are some photos of how the original speakers are attached. The woofer won’t work unless they are connected in this sequence.

Do I need the blue resister(?) on the right side speaker? What is this used for? Thanks again.

71E14117-E40F-4DC2-BBB3-4C581FBCC0C1 (resized).png71E14117-E40F-4DC2-BBB3-4C581FBCC0C1 (resized).pngBD6F021A-EF32-48EA-B984-110D63D791BD (resized).pngBD6F021A-EF32-48EA-B984-110D63D791BD (resized).png
2 weeks later
#10829 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Well... I got my Holy Grail pin on Wednesday. A really nice Getaway. Soooo many memories of playing this as a kid. Love this game.
I bought it from fellow Pinside member here PinballJAH (Jim). He took really good care of it and really, really went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of too. Wrapped it all up super well so that when I got to his place to pick it up, it was ready to go. The machine has a PIN2DMD colour display, Flipper Fidelity speakers up top, pretty much perfect backglass, tons of little cool decals in places around the playfield, good quality bright LED's everywhere, a toy car up on the side along with a Donut Heaven mod.
The game plays as it should. A couple little things I'm working on. The right slingshot plunger had the little plastic linkage break off, so a new one of those will go in. I'll freshen up all three flippers with the standard rebuild kit as well.
There is one issue I wanted to ask the group though. A portion of the shifter assembly needs attention. It was working ok, and still does (electrically), but the little plastic/rubber shift boot (shoulder) thingy that slides over the shaft of the shifter and is what the shaft pivots on has one side crumbled away. I took some pics after I got it apart.
You can see how this part, which isn't hard plastic, but isn't soft rubber either (almost like the material they make hockey pucks out of?... hey, I'm Canadian, where do you expect my comparisons to come from??? lol). The little round extensions on each side are meant to exactly fit in the corresponding holes on the sides of the metal bracket, and then once it's all tightened back together, when you pull up or push down on the shifter handle, the opposite end of the shaft clicks the upper or lower switch.
It won't do this if it can't pivot. The DMD said Shifter Error initially, as I think when it starts up, if one of those switches is closed, it knows something is wrong.
So, two questions:
- Does anyone offer replacements for this little part?
- Has anyone MacGyver'ed a solution of their own to fix what is there without replacing everything?
I am thinking it could be any number of ideas that basically just allow it to pivot again. That collar thing just slides on, and I could drill a small hole through the broken side so that a washer or bolt or portion of a coil sleeve maybe could go in it's place. Just wondering what you all think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you are enjoying the game. I have never seen a shifter error before. You definitely have a knack for pinballs, having already taken this assembly apart. Most if not all of the decals came from Mr_Tantrum, if you want to add anymore. He has a lot to choose from including an updated stop light and a real mountain mod. Sorry to see this game go from my collection.

2 years later
#12757 1 year ago

You guys should thank me, I saved you all $8k

5 months later
#13249 7 months ago

Getaway II banner turned out great. This game was deserving of a pinball banner! Probably should have put a couple cop cars in front of the donut store

Getaway (resized).pngGetaway (resized).png
#13251 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Has planetary sent you a C/D yet? Lol

I think he did a great job, glad I could purchase one while still available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballjah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.