• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11672 2 years ago

My ball launch plunger is VERY close to the right flipper button. I think when a ball launches, the large weight on the back of the plunger taps the flipper switch (causing a slight activation of the flipper). I'm going to replace the flipper switch with one that hasn't been so mangled, hoping it will sit closer to the cab wall. Any other ideas?

1 week later
#11699 2 years ago

Got the unlimited multiball bug again. This is the second time in less than 50 plays! Looks like upgrading from L-2 is in my future.

#11705 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Regarding getting unlimited balls during multi-ball, this happened to me 2-times in 6-months, but both times it was right after doing some maintenance work beneath the pf. Both times I found a wire that didn't look right. I think the wire needed to resoldered both times, but it was an easy fix both times after I found the bad wire. The fix was somewhere in the general area to the left of the kicker where the balls rest prior to being fed to the kicker. I think that when lifting the pf, my hand accidentally rubbed against some wires while grabbing the 2-bent bars at the near corners of the pf for lifting it. I think after the 2nd time I slightly rerouted the wires to prevent this from happening again, and it hasn't.

The software has well documented bugs, so I'm thinking your situation was either different, or a coincidence?

#11706 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There are specific circumstances that cause this. BTW, I had a run where I had it happen 3 or 4 times in a week, but since this it hasn't happened in months (maybe a year +). At this point nothing would take me away from L-2 outside of a new firmware version based on L-2 that repairs the bugs.

It's happened to me twice this week, which is frequent enough for me to order L-5 (patched) to try out. In the meantime, while I'm playing L-2, I'm going to reduce the amount of time Burn Rubber awards multiball (using either standard adj 26 or feature adj 13).

1 week later
#11721 2 years ago

Does anyone have a new PF they want to part with? Just checking before I buy one online.

1 week later
#11764 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the switch for the up down ramp?
5647-12001-00
I’ve looked everywhere I think only Germany is where I found it
Sometimes I get the up down error and sometimes I don’t
It seems to act normal in gameplay completely but the switch doesn’t register in test
Really weird was just going to replace that switch
Everything else in the row test fine

I don't remember that switch being anything special. Can you just buy another blade type micro switch and bend it? Generally you can also move the actuator onto a new switch.

#11773 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ve seen other pictures of this switch for the back ramp up/down wires different
Green black on the bottom tab diode on the side tab
Mine has Green black on the side diode bottom
Was wondering if this matters on this switch
I found a old hand written repair ticket in this game stating that the diode on this switch had been changed
I ordered a new one just was wondering if this wiring is correct
[quoted image]

Tough to tell from that pic, but take a look at mine. Yours looks wired different.
IMG_3401 (resized).JPGIMG_3401 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#11909 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

About to install a Pin2DMD for my HS2.
Noticed there is a new colorization file available from Geisterfahrer at VP Universe. There is also an older file available from Malenko. I have read comments posted on VP Universe site, but does not really clarify for me.
Maybe any of you guys have already upgrade colorization file and can update me. Question: which one is the best / colorized most completely, and if this makes a big difference?
Thanks for any input you may have.

I paid for the latest colorization, which includes the video mode. Its not perfect, and everything isn't colored (the map scene when you hit the saucer is still single color) but I think its worth it. I haven't tried Malenko's file, so I cannot compare.

Good luck!

2 weeks later
#11946 2 years ago
Quoted from Hans_Saris:

About to tear down playfield for cleaning, new rubbers and installing playfield protector. Any specifics I should know for Getaway? For other games I could use a shopping guide, which was useful, but could not find one for Getaway. Believe this game should be quite easy (just finished WH2O ), but any tips are welcome! Thanks, Hans

I thought getaway was pretty easy to shop. My advice would be to remove the supercharger (search YouTube) which makes everything easier to access and clean. Once it's off, disassemble/clean the diverter assembly and replace anything that seems worn.

1 month later
#12036 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I forgot to include the pic in my last post, so here it is.
[quoted image]

Factory.

#12058 2 years ago
Quoted from mikusm:

I'm having an issue with my lift ramp. It lifts fine but, takes a few fires to drop. The last time this happened, I was able to tighten the assembly and it started working fine again. I have inspected the pin and its tight. I dont see anything bent or out of shape, just the pin doesnt drop until its about a 1/2 an inch from the top. Any ideas?

I had some sticking with mine when I bought it. All I did was disassemble the mech, clean everything, and reassemble. When I reinstalled everything, I made sure the alignment wasn't causing any binding or additional friction. It works fine now. Good luck

3 weeks later
#12112 2 years ago

Getaway is a fun game, but I wish there was a little more to do in it. If someone came up with a Getaway 2.0 kit, I would definitely be in.

3 weeks later
#12146 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Sure...going to try and shift the playfield to the left a bit as it is a bit to the right of center
[quoted image]

Mine was the same when I first got it. I shimmed the shooter assembly up to better align the shooter tip to the ball, which ended up clearing the switch. It was a pretty simple job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.