• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone have custom cards for their getaway?

Forgot where I downloaded them from but a search on google should help. Here are the ones I downloaded a few years back. Enjoy!

getawayrule.jpggetawayrule.jpg getawayprice.jpggetawayprice.jpg
5 months later
#505 9 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

For anyone who has done the Checkpoint key switch mod, do you have photos of how you connected the switch? I finally got my hands on one of these and there's a diode that's between two contacts that's throwing me off.

Don't know if this is the exact key switch you purchased but here is the instructions for the one I bought.

Key Mod instruction sheet.pdfKey Mod instruction sheet.pdf
2 months later
#660 9 years ago

Finally got my Getaway 100% working. Burnt connector was fixed a little while ago and now the supercharger is fixed. Did another factory reset so hopefully the scoring glitch will be fixed. Played a pretty good game and got a legit 720m.

Glad you got your Getaway all fixed up! But really after your fix, 720 million? I've owned Getaway for over 5 years and have barely cracked 300 million on 3 ball. Sure your scoring on Getaway is working correctly? Seems over the top!! ...

3 months later
#859 9 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Can someone please show me the inside of their Getaway cabinet showing how the playfield hinges hook onto the cab ? Mine are off and cant figure it out.

Hi Superbee, Hope these pics help. Let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck!

HS Left Bracket.jpgHS Left Bracket.jpg HS Right Bracket.jpgHS Right Bracket.jpg
1 month later
#948 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang biglaw your fast, I got mine today and it looks GREAT. Thanks.

I'll back MustangPaul on his comment! Just got mine yesterday here on the West Coast. Fast shipping and great looking sticker!! Thanks again Allen!!

1 year later
#2894 7 years ago

I've read several posts on this Getaway Club thread regarding the rear lift ramp not working properly. My lift ramp is staying locked in the up position. After going in the switch edge test the switch is working properly. When going into the lift ramp test, the large solenoid engages which is for the up position but I do not hear the small coil fire for the release: SM1-28-900-DC. When I manually release the plate from the the notch it does position the ramp down. So there is no apparent binding between the shaft, ramp and solenoids.

I'm guessing it's an issue with the SM1-28-900-DC coil. All soldering looks clean to it's lugs. Not familiar with this type of coil since it's so small. Because of it's location it's hard to determine whether the coil operates with a mini plunger or it's a magnet pulse that trips the plate to the down position.

Anyone that has knowledge or has experienced this particular issue on their Getaway, I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance!

#2903 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So when you run the T:Test, T14:Ramp test, the ramp fails to move up and down?

When running the ramp test, the up coil engages for the up position but fails to drop down. I can manually trip the notch plate to make the ramp drop to the down position. I'm not hearing the smaller coil engage which trips the release plate. Because of the location of the assembly underneath the play field, this one could be a tough one to trouble shoot!!

#2905 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hmmm... yeah, working on that sucks but that's pinball. I'll look at mine later to see what could be causing that to happen.

Thanks tiltmonster, any guidance would be much appreciated!

2 years later
#9136 5 years ago

Remember with the NVRAM installed, the date and time only advances when the machine is turned on. When off, the date and time will not advance until it is rebooted. At least that's how mine works with the NVRAM installed in my games.

2 months later
#9423 4 years ago

I pulled my Power Driver Board due to a leaking capacitor. Of course in a hurry, I did not label the IDC/ molex connectors when pulling them out.
I might struggle putting back all the connectors in the right spot on my Getaway. Could someone please post a few pics of the connectors on your PD board (A-12697-1), so I have some sort of reference. I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much, Have a great Memorial weekend!

PDBGetaway (resized).jpgPDBGetaway (resized).jpg
#9426 4 years ago

Me too! Great bunch of guys on this Getaway thread! Thanks to ccbiggsoo7 for the great pics! This should cover more then what I was hoping for!! Thanks again, enjoy!!

#9428 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I agree 110% and if those pics don't help, here's one I took many years ago when I installed a PinLed Power Driver Board (Franks Famous battery mod after that..)
Only thing I'd say is repair, replace that 120 molex and pin set
Good luck![quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you tiltmonster! Always happy to have reassurance come board hook-up.

#9430 4 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Happy Memorial Day Getaway owners![quoted image]

Yes, Happy Memorial Day to all! Especially those that have served and those that have paid the ultimate price protecting our Nation!!

Memorial Day (resized).jpgMemorial Day (resized).jpg
3 months later
#9842 4 years ago

Quick question Getaway members... I just received my XPin DMD 4096 display for Getaway. The instructions states to remove the -100/-100V fuse. I'm
guessing it's either F-601 or 602 on the DMD Controller board, but not sure. Hopefully someone that might know will chime in!

Appreciate the help and this Getaway Club thread!!

Getaway.JPG.pdfGetaway.JPG.pdf
#9844 4 years ago

Thanks Mr. Tantrum! Waiting for a email reply to confirm. If I was a betting man... F-602 is the proper one to remove. Thank you sir!!

#9846 4 years ago

Thank you GRUMPY, I will pull F601 as well!

7 months later
#10615 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Start with adjusting your habitrail at the slingshot plastic. It can be seen in your pic. Adjust it to the middle position and see how it performs. Currently it it to the far right and causing a log jam.

This was the exact problem I had. I could hear the coil fire to release a ball but the disappearing post got jammed against the wireform. Simple adjustment at the slingshot adjusting it over slightly did the trick!

2 months later
#10694 3 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

I'm going to need to replace the rear ramp flap(the one that goes up and down). Where can I get one?
Thanks in advance,
Pete

You can cut and make your own. I ordered a sheet of blue spring steel from Steve at PBR for my Checkpoint ramp. Traced the old ramp flap, cut and reinstalled!

1 year later
#11596 2 years ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Here's a followup to my post #11435 of 3-months ago regarding trouble with the rotating dome light reflector. The reflector would often hesitate a bit before it started rotating, and occasionally not rotate at all. I thought I fixed it by unplugging and replugging all the wire connectors from the power board to the rotator motor, but that fix only worked for a few weeks and the problem started up again. I now recently replaced the #1156 bulb with an LED bulb of 3 watts (I think I read somewhere that the OEM bulb was 9 watts). Both the bulb and rotator motor are on the same circuit so more current is now available for the motor and it now works great. There's no hesitation during startup and it has run smoothly every time during the 50 or so games since the LED bulb went in. Hopefully I won't be discussing this matter again.

That's great information on your beacon light golfergordy! May I ask where you sourced your 3 watt LED bulb? Think I'll give it a go, as I've experienced the same issue on my beacon light too.

Thanks in advance!!

2 months later
#11759 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Looks really sharp. What decals did you go with? Link to where you bought them?

I agree, would like to know where you bought your decals as well. Looks like you bought new side rails too.

1 month later
#11901 2 years ago

Quick question to the Getaway Club. Does my ball gate flap look normal at the end of the shooter lane? My guess that at some point the flap got
compromised and should be uniform.

If someone can confirm, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

HS2Gate.pdfHS2Gate.pdf
#11903 2 years ago

Thanks frunch,

That's what i suspected. Appreciate the photo for confirmation!

#11905 2 years ago

Mr_Tantrum,

Thanks for forwarding the ball gate part at Marco. Suspecting the ball gate had a issue, I ordered one. Just got to make time for the replacement!

BallGateHS11`.pdfBallGateHS11`.pdf
4 months later
#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

It gets screwed in under the rear glass channel with 2 of the same bolts that hold in the channel, pictured below with a variation of decal[quoted image]

Did you fabricate that metal piece to accommodate your decal? As I have not seen that on most Getaways.

HS2.jpg.pdfHS2.jpg.pdf
#12182 1 year ago

Just looked online and it does appear on other Getaways, so mine is missing since buying it 10 years ago. First time I've noticed since owning it. If I had the metal piece I would have most likely bought your decal. Nice job!

#12183 1 year ago

Hi Hawknole, I found the missing metal ball trap on Marcos webpage. I have ordered along with other parts needed.

Thanks for making the decal, as I just bought one!

Nick

#12184 1 year ago

Thanks Hawknole for the decal and fast shipping.

Cheers!

6 months later
#12502 1 year ago

Mr. Tandrum, PM sent for your extra items you just posted.

1 year later
#13711 34 days ago

Jody G has rivet kits for ramps. Here is his webpage: https://rampomatic.com/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=nvu4prod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.