• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 99 votes
    35%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 285 votes by 284 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

39BEC5B3-8308-478E-A6CA-C6B9C7B548C5 (resized).jpeg
AC97EBC0-05DC-4FB8-BCB3-3CC2BCA12869 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D9D4BE63-68D3-41F3-B2A6-3D0FFCEC17B7 (resized).jpeg
0849691c25e2256cdf18f251829c3a0d2d079ab5.jpeg (resized).jpeg
A58222C2-9831-4904-83A5-A4CA57BFD99A (resized).jpeg
4732551F-A755-440D-9C73-80AEF9D83764 (resized).jpeg
DonutHeavenNew10 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew09 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew08 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew07 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew05 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew04 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew03 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew02 (resized).jpg
DonutHeavenNew01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

This game needs to have its own club.

Who's got one and what's great about it!

Robert

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#6 6 years ago

I didn't want to have to be the ONE to start the "Club" but MOF made me do it...so now it's here!

Getaway -- a great DMD machine

Well-executed theme
Great soundtrack & sound effects
Good light show
Cool Translite with a great alternate if one is inclined to use it
And a Supercharger

So please share your love for this machine as well as:

Repair tips,
Restoration tips,
Photos,
LED suggestions,
Color matching tips,
and Mods

RESOURCE:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=the+getaway&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#8 6 years ago

My mountain installed...

#45 6 years ago

Added S/W Poll...

I use L3.

Some ROM version assessment I found; anyone have any different or additional info?

(Sorry, can't figure out how to align the columns bettter)

ROM REVISION ........................................... L1 L2 L5

Supercharger driver can fail when
more than 1 ball in supercharger.....................Y N N

2 state flippers .................................................N N Y

Run The RED LIGHT display mode ................Y Y N

Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks .....Y Y N

Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ..............? Y N

Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug ....N N Y

Multiple balls released from lock multi player) ...? N Y

Extra ball in video mode ......................................N Y Y

Display Flicker in Supercharge Mode .................Y N N

Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3 .................N Y Y

Supercharger enabled with 3 loops ...................Y N N

Standard generous free ride time ......................N Y Y

Robert

#47 6 years ago

Donut building I made. I think something over that metal piece really adds to the game look.

Robert

IMG_1027.JPG

#48 6 years ago

Pinball Keefer's explanation of the multiball bug:

However, the bug is slightly mislabeled, even though that is the generally-seen manifestation. The bug is that every 3rd ball arrival into the lockup starts multiball. So normally what happens is people have 1 or 2 balls locked, then start RLM. RLM runs normally, you get a jackpot. If you had 2 balls locked, then the arrival of the jackpot ball restarts multiball (complete with ball saver (even for multiball 2+), relaunching drained ball(s), and making light jackpot lit (i.e. 20 loops to light jackpot)). If you had 1 ball locked, then you can go for the RLM super (augmented to 100M) after RLM jackpot. If you make the super shot, then at that point that will be the third arrival, and multiball will restart. With 0 balls locked, you can get jackpot-super-super then multiball restarts.
Similarly, you could have one ball locked, get a jackpot during RLM, light lock again, lock 1 ball, multiball starts. Confused yet? It's easy for me because I understand exactly why the bug is there.
An unlisted bug is "GAME RESTART WORKS," which is the adjustment that handles what the start button does. FT was the first game with this adjustment, and I can't remember if HS2 had it from day 1 or it didn't get added until L-5. At any rate, the bug is that because the car-starting noises play when you push the button in, the game doesn't start until the button is RELEASED. The standard game start logic checks to see if the button is held in, which obviously it can never be, so Game Restart=SLOW will never work.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

ooks great, although the donut sign might be spelled incorrectly . . .

I didn't like the name "Donut Heaven" as much as just "Doughnuts", which I believe is the correct spelling of the food.

Robert

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I also prefer Donut. However, if you are handy enough to construct your own building, maybe you can call it whatever you want...

Maybe this sign is better...

Donut Heaven.jpeg

1 week later
#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Lol, where is the code update!

The Getaway code can be done to fix the multiball bug, but James has said that he wont do it because of Williams IP.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-machine-should-i-write-new-rules-for-next/page/4

Essentially it's not that it can't be done, someone just needs to do it for themselves and then make it available.

Robert

#81 6 years ago

The Multiball bug is explained by Pinball_Keefer, and I post part of his answer here:

"An unlisted bug is "GAME RESTART WORKS," which is the adjustment that handles what the start button does. FT was the first game with this adjustment, and I can't remember if HS2 had it from day 1 or it didn't get added until L-5. At any rate, the bug is that because the car-starting noises play when you push the button in, the game doesn't start until the button is RELEASED. The standard game start logic checks to see if the button is held in, which obviously it can never be, so Game Restart=SLOW will never work."

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug

Robert

1 week later
#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Lexan doesn't like to cut--it would rather break!

For a part like that, use acrylic.

Robert

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I've always liked the look of Lexan, harder to work with but crystal clear.

Acrylic (polyacrylate) is crystal clear, easy to work with and a lot cheaper than lexan (polycarbonate), though not as strong.

So in locations that have a lot of ball hits, Lexan is better, but in locations with that are not in prime impact areas, acrylic is great.

As far as I know, acrylic doesn't yellow any easier than polycarbonate; and perhaps not as fast.

Robert

1 week later
#135 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

So what is the general consensus about the "Best" ROM version?

I have been using L-3 for about a year now and like it.

Robert

2 weeks later
#186 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Hmm, maybe I don't need it...

I took my post out.

Robert

2 months later
#261 6 years ago

This is an explanation of the Red light mania multiball shift bug...from Kiefer:

However, the bug is slightly mislabeled, even though that is the generally-seen manifestation. The bug is that every 3rd ball arrival into the lockup starts multiball. So normally what happens is people have 1 or 2 balls locked, then start RLM. RLM runs normally, you get a jackpot. If you had 2 balls locked, then the arrival of the jackpot ball restarts multiball (complete with ball saver (even for multiball 2+), relaunching drained ball(s), and making light jackpot lit (i.e. 20 loops to light jackpot)). If you had 1 ball locked, then you can go for the RLM super (augmented to 100M) after RLM jackpot. If you make the super shot, then at that point that will be the third arrival, and multiball will restart. With 0 balls locked, you can get jackpot-super-super then multiball restarts.
Similarly, you could have one ball locked, get a jackpot during RLM, light lock again, lock 1 ball, multiball starts. Confused yet? It's easy for me because I understand exactly why the bug is there.
An unlisted bug is "GAME RESTART WORKS," which is the adjustment that handles what the start button does. FT was the first game with this adjustment, and I can't remember if HS2 had it from day 1 or it didn't get added until L-5. At any rate, the bug is that because the car-starting noises play when you push the button in, the game doesn't start until the button is RELEASED. The standard game start logic checks to see if the button is held in, which obviously it can never be, so Game Restart=SLOW will never work.

1 week later
#299 5 years ago

I finally installed my key mod...

Robert

Key Pic.JPG

2 months later
#361 5 years ago

Glad you guys are keeping the thread going...I haven't been to pinside that much lately.

Quoted from Geocab:

Just rebuilt my flippers tonight and my scores have dropped considerably.

Yes, it seems to me that I need to rebuild teh HS-II flippers more than on any other machine, to make it play best.

Robert

4 weeks later
#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

OK, installed new plastics

Nice looking game.

Robert

3 months later
#616 5 years ago

My HSII is for sale if you haven't seen my other post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-es-hsii

Robert

#619 5 years ago

OK...I sold my HSII, so I'm out.

You guys carry on.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 11.00
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eastlake, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside