• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matiou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10748 3 years ago

I joined the club few days ago! Super happy about it... love the game, love the theme, and the family does too, which is an awesome bonus

Unfortunately one issue I found quite quickly... Yesterday my son starts a game, goes right away into the "burn rubber bonus" and gets a multiball... cool, but... he got the "endless multiball" bug (I run L2)... then of course he got "loop champion" "special is lit" "replay" and so on... It kinda spoiled some of these cool stuff you're supposed to see only when you get very good at a game.

Even if I have not read the 215 pages of this thread I know there is a lot of discussion about the best ROM to use, and I know there is no easy answer to this question... frustrating! Does this bug happens often with L2 ??? Is this bug happening only with this bonus MB or also when you successfully lock the 3 balls ?

#10751 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

L2 is the best ROM for the game in most people's opinion. I will say, that I've been running L2 for 4+ years, and in that time I've experience the bug 4 or 5 times in hundreds of games. Regardless, it has been rare for me (oddly enough, it mostly occurred early on after installing L2). In those moments when it does occur, I just turn the pin off and consider that game lost. Not always easy to have others do the same when so much is going on, however.
Here is an explanation, but it might make your head spin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin#post-1407053

I'm glad to hear this multiball bug happens rarely... because it really sucks.

So I guess the only solution to all these ROM bugs would be to install a P-ROC board and re-code the game from scratch.... quite a task!

1 week later
#10772 3 years ago

inspired lego set

legoset (resized).JPGlegoset (resized).JPG
1 month later
#10824 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

the grey pattern shows where the individual patterns were stiched together. That would need to be fixed. Otherwise awesome!!!

yep i agree! use the clone tool to add some randomness into the background pattern and it will be perfect.

1 week later
#10837 3 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Currently working with another pinsider on pop bumper with W2812B LEDs, these will change colour with the traffic light and strobe blue/red when Mars lamp is on. Ive designed the pop bumper PCB with 60mm diameter LEDs to fit inside clear DE caps. Will be adding 2812 speaker LEDs also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sounds pretty neat... isn't the wiring too tricky ? You have to hook up your bumper to the 3 lamps of the traffic light and to the Mars circuit... And I guess you hide an arduino or similar somewhere ?

#10842 3 years ago

Did you all see this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades
We may get a bug free Getaway rom one of these days!

#10845 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's buggy with Getaway? I'm using rev P-C 3/24/92 (I think? I'm very green on this stuff) if it matters.
[quoted image]

What matters it the ROM revision that shows up on the DMD when you boot up your machine (L2, L3, L5 or something like that)
Each of these versions has pros/cons (missing features and/or bugs)
See post #45 of this thread for info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matiou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=matiou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.