• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#998 8 years ago

Just getting in on this thread for the first time--I look forward to reading all the posts. Thanks to all contributors. These clubs are very helpful to me.

I just finished restoring my Getaway and I'll be routing it at a pizza shop across the street from my house, where I'm sure it will be very popular. I shopped completely, put on all new flipper assemblies, new rubbers, repro plastics from CPR, plastic protectors, cliffy protector, new translite, Cointaker LEDs, and the Donut Heaven mod from Mezel mods. Also redecaled the cabinet, touched up the PF, and installed the full playfield protector. Time will tell on the PF protector. I love its look but I found that I had to trim it and tape it down in a few spots to ensure that all switches worked--no big deal, but we'll see how it holds up over time.

A few pics.

new_assemblies.jpgnew_assemblies.jpg

decaled_backbox.jpgdecaled_backbox.jpg

decaled_cabinet.jpgdecaled_cabinet.jpg

stripped_boards.jpgstripped_boards.jpg

installed_cliffy.jpginstalled_cliffy.jpg

installed_protector_with_film.jpginstalled_protector_with_film.jpg

playfield.jpgplayfield.jpg

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Absolutely one of the best games out there. Just added a color dmd - it's incredible!!

Didn't know there was a color DMD for this title. Where do you get it?

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Didn't know there was a color DMD for this title. Where do you get it

Forget it--answered my own question:

Color DMD for Getaway: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-attack-from-mars-pinball-machine/

Video:

I'm in!

#1010 8 years ago

Just installed the donut heaven mod and I love it, Easy installation--alligator clips hook to a flasher underneath associated with the 1-2-3 white targets and the jackpot. The donut heaven has a three-LED strip inside it and those LEDs flash with the 1-2-3 targets and the jackpot. I received the mod two days after I ordered it, so I was impressed all around. A bit pricey but worth it IMHO.

#1043 8 years ago

Got my color DMD today and installed it, and, Man it's very enhancing. I've seen some installed in other titles and haven't been highly impressed, but the work that went into this particular title and the choices made about how to enhance the dots--highly evident during video mode, burn rubber, and by way of background color usage and contrast--make this a great investment, to my lights. Thorough and clear installation instructions as well. Highly recommended.

2 months later
#1448 8 years ago

Nice simple mod. I'd be in for one if you put it up FS. PM me with a price and paypal payment details if you make more. Thanks!

#1451 8 years ago

My HS2 (with color DMD and PF plastic protector) is routed in a small pizza shop and is earning well--consistently about $80 a month, split between me and the shop owner. One of the keys is that this title actually has the pizza shop staff, including the owner, playing it, whereas they didn't play the previous 5 machines that had been routed there. Very gratifying. A perfect title for a family-friendly pizza shop.

2 weeks later
#1545 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Here's a really nice mod I've come up with on my Getaway.
I really didn't like how the stoplight housing lit up when each of the lamps are lit.
I designed/machined some light barriers for the outside walls of the stoplight housing.
No more glowing stoplight housing !!!
I made these using 2mm black ABS sheet, (one side has a texture). These slide right in, and stay in place when assembled. No need for adhesives

Installed the stoplight housing mod today. Simple and very effective, and it was much easier than trying to cut something myself. I love it. And the pizza shop owner where the machine is routed admired it as well. Thanks, Tim!

#1547 8 years ago

Having trouble with the color DMD (or more properly the 14-pin ribbon connector) in my Getaway. The ribbon connector keeps coming loose from the DMD controller board just enough that the DMD goes fuzzy. As soon as I push the connector all the way back in at the board the problem is solved, but it keeps coming loose nevertheless. Anyone have ideas on how to keep this from happening? The board itself is not loose nor are the header pins for the connector.

#1562 8 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

JOESCHALL said:Having trouble with the color DMD (or more properly the 14-pin ribbon connector) in my Getaway. The ribbon connector keeps coming loose from the DMD controller board just enough that the DMD goes fuzzy. As soon as I push the connector all the way back in at the board the problem is solved, but it keeps coming loose nevertheless. Anyone have ideas on how to keep this from happening? The board itself is not loose nor are the header pins for the connector.
Do like Stern does on their games, put some hot glue on the connector to keep it together. Or replace the cable.

I have tried replacing the cable, but gotten the same result. I'll research further and consider the hot glue idea. Many thanks.

3 months later
#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from slpenza:

Has anybody installed these "Next Generation version 2" cabinet decals for The Getaway?

Installed my NG v2 a year ago and they've held up well. I love the look. Pix attached.

decaled_backbox_(resized).JPGdecaled_backbox_(resized).JPG

decaled_cabinet_(resized).JPGdecaled_cabinet_(resized).JPG

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Looks great. Are they from Classic arcades? I aslo noticed the new text on the back of the backbox. Are they decals or did you screen print?

As I recall I bought on eBay, so I believe they came from classic arcades, but I can't be sure. The truth is I'm going from memory even to say they're NGv2--I may be remembering a set from a different game, and I didn't keep records. Also, the text on the back of the backbox was already there--I didn't touch it.

5 months later
#2872 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I will check out the manual for sure. Now, this Rob board you talk about: If I buy one, will I be able to play the game with the AC on and low voltage just by using this board? Where can I find it? This is the driver board we are talking about correct? Thanks!

What you're referring to is the WPC daughterboard by Rob Kahr. I recently installed the WPC daughterboard on my routed Getaway (was resetting sometimes when other things were running on the same circuit) and it seems to have cured the reset problem. Nice potential solution for around $40. Attached is a picture of the daughterboard, the simple installation instructions, and Rob's card with the website for ordering.

WPC_daughterboard_(resized).jpgWPC_daughterboard_(resized).jpg

#2893 7 years ago

I have a used HS2 translite with a few scratches. I replaced with a new one. I have front and rear pix and close-ups of the primary scratches. $30 shipped in the U.S. If interested, PM me and I'll send pix and payment info.

#2909 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I think that plastic was part of the reproduction set, mine was all metal but had this decal inside the manual I put over top...

Yes, that plastic was part of the repro set done by CPR, and, if I recall correctly, was not original to the game. It makes a great addition to my Getaway.

2 weeks later
#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Any tips for getting the super jackpot? During Getaway to get the jackpot you only need 1 ball in play. I get it basically every time.
It's that super jackpot that is killing me as you need to have 2 balls in play to get it

"Park" one ball in the tunnel so it's out of your way, and take advantage of the time it sits there to use the right flipper to shoot the super. Or trap two balls on the left flipper, then just lightly tap so that one ball transfers over to the right flipper but the other stays on the left, then use the right to shoot the super--it takes some practice but it's worth it. Good luck!

2 months later
#3523 7 years ago

Looking for a HS2 color DMD. The Color DMD company is out of stock, and I don't see one FS anywhere else. If anyone has any leads please PM me. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joeschall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=joeschall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.