• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 94 votes
    35%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 271 votes by 270 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,051 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2915.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2918.JPG
image (resized).jpg
9551B9D6-8072-4615-8223-9115AB2F89D9 (resized).jpeg
A6601A17-09BB-4DE5-A0FA-C0CA8F406902 (resized).jpeg
a99d7cc6c384345a281f57a7a34a66473fe975ab (resized).jpg
2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#728 4 years ago

Hey HS 2 owners, I plan to look at one today that's for sale and was wondering what you would look for if you were going to purchase again? I plan on taking the glass off and running through the test menu, look for board hacks, etc. Are there any other functional tests you would try? Any problem areas to look for specifically that would affect the price? Finally, what is the going price range? Thanks in advance for your help.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The only getaway specific problems I can think of are;
Make sure the supercharger works at the right speed and the ball diverter attached to it works as intended.
Make sure the Mars lamp turns on and rotates. This motor breaks a lot. $40 for a new one.

How would you test the supercharger? Run in test mode and hand feed balls or ??

#748 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Made the purchase. Everything works even the Mars lamp. Needs a good shop job, star posts, etc. Anybody put the play field Mylar from Marco on?

image.jpg

1 month later
#886 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I'm in the process of installing LED post lights that are intended to be ran on 12vdc. I was having difficulty finding a 12v source under the play field. I have them hooked up to a 6v GI circuit but for testing purposes because its too dim. Where can I get 12vdc under the play field?
Thanks

DK Custom makes 5V and 12V power taps for WPC and Stern. They plug directly into power pins in the backbox and are fused. Much cleaner than alligator clips that can short out.
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=641

3 months later
#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Now with some LEDs
(What kind of a car is it)

Only SR knows for sure but my guess is a 1991 Lamborghini Diablo. Supercharger=artistic license.

image.jpg

#1213 4 years ago

Dupe

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Anyone thought of swapping the stoplight inside the game to this one: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4455&picno=23418
I just think the stock HS2 stoplight is lame.

Yeah I don't like the huge traffic signal either. I think the scale is all wrong. I'm working on a smaller one, something more along the lines of 1:50 to 1:64 scale to go along with the cars and streetlights I will be adding.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is the size comparison between the HD and Getaway traffic lights?
-mof

Not sure but it looks close to the same size to me

1 week later
#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Little mountain mod again only work in progress
Input ideas welcome

image.jpg

I think it's got potential. A combo of trees/bushes and mountains would fit right in. Painted to look like the plastics would look good. Maybe on the right in your photo instead of the Getaway sign. "The Getaway" is already plastered all over, more landscape would be cool. Or how about a billboard there?

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Little update on mountensmod.
Just installed the far left one, big mountain and didn't like it, it will bee redesigned again.
Again thanks for all mails, get alot of shipping questions, i have sweat deal with fedex, shipping prices will bee cheapper then normal. But please wait with all buying/shipping questions for now. Let's talk about ideas for different designs

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Looks like you are making good progress. Not sure how big you can print but some alternatives to the mountain mod for the upper right corner would be nice. Could be made in multiple parts too I suppose.

1 week later
#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Everything was working just fine until I started poking around a pop bumper which was out. I have all the strips soldered to near by GI sockets. I had the same thing happen before when I was wiring up my spot lights and one of the lugs touched a habit trail. This time around everything visually look ok. The lights initially went out while I was poking around with the machine on and nothing blew up in a speculator fashion. I just need to hunt down this short.

Take a close look at the flat metal strips which provide power to the pop lights and are part of the GI string. They should have a clear plastic tube insulator otherwise they will be touching a bracket most likely.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Everytime I see that mountain molding installed as is, I cringe. Sorry.
Looks like an ice cream.
It should be touched up for some realism.
Favorite added touches I've seen are the lights behind the gauges, damn that's nice.
and the purple light strip in the back. I really love the see the ball zoom by on an orbit shot,this will enhance that.

Has anyone ever tried some modified model train scenery? I might go check out my local hobby store. I'd also like to replace that huge stoplight with something else. Maybe a highway sign?

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Any help here would be appreciated. I'd like to order the parts today I just don't know if they are the right ones.

The screws look about right, but I wouldn't stress over it. Go down to Ace and get a variety of #6 and #8 machine screws. Or buy a "little box of calm" from TitanPinball.com. Those are good things to have around.

I believe the bulbs in the Supercharger/Redline Mania plastic above the ramp are 555's. Go LED, you won't regret it. Cointaker makes kits for beginners, or buy your own variety at Pinballbulbs, Titan, etc. I prefer frosted non ghosting for most applications but everybody has an opinion and it's personal preference.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There are generally two types of bulbs (non flashers) - 555 and 44/47. They are basically the same bulb with different bases - one is wedged shaped and the other round.
I also recommend leds. Getaway is easy to change bulbs and it makes a huge difference. Just make sure to turn power off before changing bulbs.

Yes!^^^. And get yourself a set of magnetic nutdrivers. 1/4" will be what you need for the LED install but if you buy a set make sure it includes a 5/16", 11/32, and 3/8" as well. A magnetic parts bowl and pick up tool is handy too. Nothing worse than dropping a screw and not being able to find it.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

So I installed some new parts and was excited to play the machine again. I was having a blast when I got multiball and I hit a couple balls into the supercharger.
One pinball hit another pinball and one of them went flying. Embarrassingly, I can't seem to find it. The machine keeps cycling through the solenoids trying to dislodge it and I've looked everywhere but can't find the missing ball. Where the hell could it be?
Anyone have this happen?

Check in the bottom of the cabinet. Do you have the bracket above/behind the supercharger exit? It keeps balls from bouncing out.

2 weeks later
#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

Anyone used the original High Speed traffic light (part #B-10999), or smaller model ones in their Getaways?
Why: Because I think the Getaway stop traffic light is TOO BIG and in a stupid location (the ball doesn't run under it), I think smaller traffic lights should be placed only at the left outer and inner loop entrances. So two (2) traffic light in total
Here the ball runs under all of these traffic lights and then the whole "run the red light thing" makes sense. Like in the original High Speed.
For that one person who painstakingly detailed their mountain mod to look like a real mountain (gorgeous!), guess what, you know have a dorky looking factory yellow BIG traffic light that makes the mountain look small.
Just ideas.

Totally agree. I'm working on something to replace the traffic light. I'll post some photos after I work out the details.

#1593 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Does anyone know the sizes of just the rubber rings used in the Getaway ? I want to change mine over to superbands (just cant keep the rubber ones clean) and i really dont want to pull them all out just to measure. I checked the manual but it doesnt seem correct.

Check out Titanpinball.com for silicone rubber rings. I went with clear on all my games, they really pick up the lights nearby. They have a lot of kits ready to go, not sure if Getaway is there yet. My experience is the sizes don't always match up anyways. Buy a sample kit and experiment. I think you can get a discount if you help come up with a specific game set.

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Game looks good! Am I going blind? Where is your stoplight?

Took it out. Just too big for my taste. I am working on a replacement, but to be honest now that it's gone I don't miss it at all.

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Go with Titan rubbers. I recently did my Getaway in Titan's. Red bands on the slings/flippers and clear everywhere else. Not sure I like the clear, though. They are not "clear" but cloudy. Looks just like silicon that comes out of the tube. Light does shine through them and does look good in some spots, just not all. Next time I am going with colors instead.
For rubber sizes, look them up in the manual. I refer to the one online here:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1000

Agreed. If I did it over I would go with some colored in places where they wouldn't light up anyways.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've always wanted to light up the gauges on that speaker plastic. I wonder if the printing on it is transparent enough to let light through.

Am I the only one bothered that there are turbo boost gauges on a car that supposedly has been modified with a blown supercharger?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside