• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 88 votes
    33%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 263 votes by 262 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,946 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0992 (resized).JPG
DSC_0991 (resized).JPG
DSC_0990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0255 (resized).JPG
IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
get 1 (resized).jpg
get 3 (resized).jpg
get 2 (resized).jpg
DMD Ground (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-resize.gif
IMG_2398.JPG
20190630_133440 (resized).jpg
0EC720AA-4132-422F-A42F-A7332ACDAC34 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2396.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

301 posts in this topic match your search for posts by grinder901. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1740 3 years ago

Anyone near Memphis interested in selling to me?

#1759 3 years ago

I downloaded the HS II pinball game to my phone. Man it's a blast! I really want the real thing

image_(resized).png

1 week later
#1778 3 years ago

Could Hooked's tachometer mod be used in a High Speed or Getaway?

image_(resized).png

2 weeks later
#1795 3 years ago

Hey owners. I'm wanting to put some of those Brite Cap led mods on my Getaway pops.

I was thinking all red or red green and yellow. Does anyone have pictures of the game done both ways? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

image_(resized).png

#1796 3 years ago

And it's 16 bucks per cap? Geez

#1797 3 years ago

Also, my daughter and I were playing my MAME and found this:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1798 3 years ago

Also, if anyone here knows me, you'll know I love to mod my games.

I'll be getting a Getaway in a few weeks. It has a ColorDMD already as well as a led key start up mod. He has an led gear shifter mod not yet installed. I bought and sent him a Mezelmod police blue flasher topper mod and he is installing it.

I bought one of Sparky's MDM mods as well as Pinballifes speaker light mod. How do I install multiple mods in a Williams WPC pin? In newer Sterns I would just buy an 8 in 1 5v/12v power splitter and be good to go. I don't think that's an option because all the instructions on these install say to use the J117 connector.

Any help here guys?

image_(resized).jpg

#1800 3 years ago

Ok. Where can I buy that? Also how can j tell which mods are 5v and which mods are 12v?

#1803 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll look into it. This is my first WPC game.

You guys have any thoughts on all red or red yellow green led pops?

Here's a picture of the one I'm getting:

image_(resized).jpeg

#1808 3 years ago

Decisions!!!!!!

Did you guys use the existing caps or did you have to buy another kind to fit the LEDs? Did you get clear? I would get caps to match if I go red yellow green but they don't have a green cap.

And that price is for one led right?

image_(resized).png

1 week later
#1823 3 years ago

Dispatch, Car 264 (my actual car number) is officially in the club!!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1831 3 years ago

I just bought a set of new cabinet decals for my new Getaway. I plan on getting a full set of polished chrome trim as well. How long is it safe to leave the decals in the container they come shipped in? Should I take them out and press/lay them on a flat surface?

image_(resized).png

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice. They will make your game look new.

Quoted from TxJay:

Looks awesome!!!

Thanks guys. And thanks James for all the work on your end. So any thoughts on how long the decals I bought will be good for? It may be a few months before I get the new decals applied. Is it safe to keep them in whatever tube they come with?

I'm putting new rubbers on and debating whether to keep the clear star posts and go red rubbers or go red star posts and go clear rubbers.

These skinny red posts in the picture. Just for decoration? They don't see any purpose I can find:

Also

image_(resized).jpeg

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They keep balls from getting trapped on top the plastics.

Thanks Grumpy, you've been a huge help to a lot of us. What's your opinion on how best to store the cabinet decals till they are applied?

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Do you have the room to store them flat, put them between two pieces of cardboard behind the back of the pinball machine.

Sure I can find space to store them in a climate controlled room and I'll get enough cardboard to lay them flat. Thanks

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Looking good Grinder, actually on the hunt for my third HS2, maybe I can keep this one finally.

Thanks man. It's coming along. I'm so damn torn about white, clear or red rubbers. Decisions!

#1851 3 years ago

So I've noticed more than a few different Getaway coin doors in this thread. What's up with that? How many variations are there?

I bought a decal for my coin door but there isn't a spot on it for the decal. I'm prob going to chrome my coin door but I'm not in love with this style door. Any thoughts?

Mine:

image_(resized).jpeg

Others:

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#1853 3 years ago

I disassembled my Gear Shift assembly last night installing this cool led shift knob and I did not take pictures. Very unlike me.

I'll be putting it all together later on but if someone could post some pictures from the inside of the cabinet showing me the gear shift assembly from all angles that would help me out a ton. Please

Thanks guys!

#1855 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the photos. I should be home in a few hours as well.

The gear shift was included in the sale from the previous owner. I'll ask the seller where he got it from.

Taking the original knob off was a pain in the butt. It's going to look so good when it gets put on in a few hours. Excited!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1857 3 years ago

Ok I'm pretty sure I reassembled everything correctly however it seems to stick when I shift down and won't go back to its original position in the middle without touching it slightly. Maybe the weight of the new knob is the reason it wants to stay down? Shifting up it no prob and it comes right back to the middle.

Man it looks cool as hell!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1858 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#1859 3 years ago

So I feel like it's just me mostly posting in the thread. Sorry about that, just got the game and very excited.

So I'm doing a full chrome treatment with Mike Chestnut so I said why not do the supercharger too. Both the ramps have seen better days too.

Can anyone steer me towards a link to buy two new ones?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1862 3 years ago

Nice, thanks guys. I just bought ramp flaps from Pinbits a minute ago

#1864 3 years ago

Oh yea, I'm digging the red posts and clear rubbers:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1867 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm having a real hard time raising the playfield. I pull it forward and it just won't click/lock. It's scraping the hell out of my cabinet too:

Shit one of the springs is broke on the right side

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1870 3 years ago

Man thanks, I ordered two cuz why not.

#1872 3 years ago

Thanks again,

I'm placing a large order. So many of the bolts on the cabinet are discolored, chipped or rusted. Since I'm doing new decals and chrome, I might as well get all new bolts especially for the front area like the four around the gear shift assembly. Care to steer me towards which bolts I'll need ?

I think the new decal set comes with the decal for the gear shift assembly which is good cuz mines in rough shape.

I mean it's a 25 year old game. It's probably changed half a dozen owners easy. Considering all that, it's in great shape. Now I'm going to do my best to bring it back to its former glory.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Did the new shifter you put on come with a new shaft or just the knob? I'm thinking of doing that but the chrome on the shaft of my original shifter is all corroded.

Yes just the knob. You use the shaft you already have. It was a bitch to get the original knob off:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1879 3 years ago

Oh and what type of grease should I get to continue keeping the gear shift assembly lubed?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1882 3 years ago

I hear ya. That's why I just bought this coin door from Marco and I'm having it chromed by Mike and I'll just keep the original and put it aside

image_(resized).png

#1886 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's exactly the one i was talking about that will require extra work to look good in chrome, has a LOT of rivet/bolt heads showing. I bought one a while back to do the same with for my BOP but have changed my mind and gone with the original one (2 slots with a gap in the middle), far less metal work involved to get a smoooooth finish !

Thanks. I may show him both and ask him which is the better/easier/cheaper one to do

#1894 3 years ago

I'm so deep down the shop job hole. This is uncharted territory for me. I'm having everything here chromed by Mike Chestnut. I just hope I can put it all back once it's ready. Playfield is cleaned and about to get waxed:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1896 3 years ago

Haha no pictures. I love puzzles and a good challenge.

Kidding

#1900 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not chroming the stoplight??

I thought about it

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Should turn out great with all Chestnut's work and your cleaning up/extensive shop job. I recently did a playfield swap so these pics here may be of help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap/page/2#post-2971273

Thanks!!!! Topic added. My playfield has only a few issues and none that really warrant a full playfield replacement. I've been thinking about buying a new playfield and was offered $900 for his. I'm surprised the OCD/perfectionist in me isn't doing a full playfield swap but I don't think I need to. Years from now maybe.

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! $900...I'd do it then get the new one cleared by Kruzman.

Ah you're killing me. I'm doing new cabinet decals and the chroming. I gotta stop for a bit so I can actually enjoy the game someday soon

#1906 3 years ago

New playfield $900
Getting it cleared ?
Paying someone to swap ?

#1909 3 years ago

There are only a few spots on my playfield but most would not even be noticed by 90% of the players when everything is put back together. Considering its age. It's prob a solid 7 or 8/10. Shooter lane looks great and minimal wear at the ball eject but I'm putting a protector there anyway.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1911 3 years ago

I'll put some Mylar down before everything goes back on

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Not chroming the stoplight??

Def chroming the stoplight base

image_(resized).jpeg

#1917 3 years ago

I've been bugging Mezelmods to make some for us. There's def a demand

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

I fjust be that the ZZ Top soundtrack is a bit low on mine. Contemplating picking up a pinsound board and going with a full custom sounds.

I'm prob going to upgrade the speakers on mine too.

Pinsound board?

Custom sounds?

#1923 3 years ago

Show some pictures.

Why not take the handle off like I did and put a different handle on after chroming it?

Damn, I should have sent mine to Mike to chrome....

#1925 3 years ago

Do these help? My coin door is being chromed so there's a big joke there.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1931 3 years ago

I ordered the cabinet decals off eBay over three weeks ago and still havent received it. NEVER again! F ing international post can suck it.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah these international orders can sometimes take forever, probably just sitting at customs waiting for someone to clear it.

Yep it's been waiting on clearance for almost a week. Wtf

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I have a set in the basement dude, should have said something.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Who did you buy them from ?

From him:

image_(resized).jpeg

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

From him:

image_(resized).jpeg

But I wish I had just bought these

image_(resized).png

#1940 3 years ago

So I'm replacing my flippers with chrome colored ones. I noticed underneath, the flipper mechs of the lower two flippers are different into their cleanliness. The left one is filthy and the right one is clean and new looking. What causes the left one to get so dirty? How can I clean it?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1942 3 years ago

Ok that's kinda what I thought.

I bought three flipper rebuild kits

image_(resized).jpg

#1943 3 years ago

Oh yea I'm digging it

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

red should be on top...

Great observation! I'll make the change.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lookin gooood dude.

Thanks bud. Much more pimping left to do.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Looking great. I like the new pop bumpers and the translucent rubbers! Very nice!

Thanks man. I swapped the red and green. I agree much better.

I'm putting in three chrome/silver color flippers. I can't decide on what color rubber to use: red, black or hell maybe translucent?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

@grinder901
You should change then bumper bodies and skirts to clear ones.
That would look the mutts nuts

Excuse my ignorance. Bumper bodies and skirts?

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Getting there Grinder I installed the jeweled caps on mine with the flash lights from pinball life.
IMG_2708_(resized).JPG

Thanks man. I wanted to go that route but couldn't find the green jeweled caps anywhere or all clear.

I like Comets' led rings because it also has warm whites that shine downward which helps brighten the playfield around the pops.

That and they are half the price. I got a set of purple and a set of red to try in my Elvis.

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

are they self-adhesive? how do they stay in there?

Dabs of hot glue.

Quoted from Kawydud:

Pinball life has all of those parts, though the website is hard to navigate sometimes. Worst case I have half a dozen of each color in my box for just such an emergency. The lights in mine shine down as well. These are what are in there. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624
Jeweled caps here - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1407

Ok great but those caps are for Data East/Sega/Stern games. Would they even fit Getaway?

Here are caps for Williams games

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=327

No greens

image_(resized).png

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Is that because they were about $25 less, or are you suggesting the ones $199 are better?

Cheaper and domestic. Jumped too soon and bought the first set I saw. I would have had them here by now. My set is still stuck in NY has has been since the 19th.....

#1963 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They are the same size.

Well crap

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

haha, I'll send you some for Christmas.

Haha you're a good man John.

Quoted from urbanledge:

The blue ring in your pic is the skirt.
The body is the body! The bit that holds the bulb and the cap.
Clear ones look great in general.
http://www.papa.org/wp-content/uploads/7.jpg

Wow yea now all I see is the blue skirt. Doesn't really fit anymore. I'll look into changing them. Thanks man

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

The blue ring in your pic is the skirt.
The body is the body! The bit that holds the bulb and the cap.
Clear ones look great in general.
http://www.papa.org/wp-content/uploads/7.jpg

I ordered colored skirts to match the LED ring color. John, I also ordered the colored jeweled caps

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

You are a madman Grinder!

Haha anything worth doing is worth over doing.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Did you find some green skirts somewhere? nm, I see Marco has green ones.

Yea I used Marco

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ya know what's cool, that German parts seller (can't remember the name right now) has clear colored plastic pop bumper bodies. I've never heard of anyone putting them on a game. I wonder how they look.

I looked for some. If you find them, post the link Paul

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I found it, http://www.pinball.center.com Look under Pop bumper bodies. They look waaaaaay cool, I'm gonna be getting them for my BOP rebuild, can't make up my mind on color though.

You sure that's the right site?

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Hey Grinder, did you get your police car mod? How does it look?

Got it James. Looks great. Was thinking about trying to paint it in my patrol car colors. Once I get the super charger back from Mike, I'll mount the car.

Oh man. Lots of good stuff. I can't decide on colored or transparent bodies and skirts. And oh wow they have gold bodies and skirts that might look awesome on my brassed Elvis. Ok I have a shopping cart all ready and let's see the damage and oh sweet baby Jesus $39 euros for shipping!?!?!?

image_(resized).png

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Yeah, now you know how it feels for us Europeans to get something from the states

New respect!!

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Have to combine some orders with you grinder. Save on shipping.

Sounds great man. I'm down and yea those do look great.

#1988 3 years ago

Well sorry John, I went ahead and placed the order. Got clear as well as colored for Getaway and gold for my Elvis

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

sure sure, that's ok, I have a set of Getaway decals and you don't.

Haha ah man that hurts. The damn things have been stuck in NY for almost ten days now. Is this shit normal?!?

image_(resized).png

#1992 3 years ago

Just my luck

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That's what you get for not sharing your pop bumper parts order.

Karma is a bitch it's true

#1997 3 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a number to call to get this custom crap moving along?

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Grinder, did you order three different colors of pop bumper bodies for Getaway? Wondering if the green/yellow/red bodies will look good with the matching pop bumper caps.

I sure did bud:

Bumper skirt, white transparent
Current unit price: €1.00 *
1,00 €*
6,00 €*
Pop Bumper Body, transparent (03-7443-5)
Current unit price: €2.43 *
2,43 €*
14,57 €*
Pop Bumper Body, red transparent (03-7443-5)
2,43 €*
9,72 €*
Pop Bumper Body, yellow transparent (03-7443-5)
2,43 €*
2,43 €*
Pop Bumper Body, green transparent (03-7443-5)
2,43 €*
2,43 €*
Bumper skirt, gold
Current unit price: €2.93 *
2,93 €*
8,80 €*
Pop Bumper Body, gold (03-7443-5)
2,43 €*
7,29 €*
Pop Bumper Base, gold
Current unit price: €2.09 *
2,09 €*
6,28 €*
Pop Bumper Protector, yellow
Current unit price: €0.83 *
0,83 €*
0,83 €*
Pop Bumper Protector, red
0,83 €*
0,83 €*
Pop Bumper Protector, green
0,83 €*
0,83 €*
Pop Bumper Mylar
0,83 €*
2,50 €*

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I'll ask my wife. She worked for a company for years that had to ship stuff from China all the time. She has a lot of experience with stuff stuck in customs. I think she may have a number for you to call. I'll let you know.

Thanks James! Big help! Tell your wife thank you for me. Have you filled in the space yet from the sold pin?

#2003 3 years ago

Holy crap I had no idea replacing the pop bumper pieces was so hard/time consuming....

#2005 3 years ago

I've got one more shipment of pop bumper parts arriving (new bases, and metal rings and new springs) and then I'm going to tackle the pops.

These goodies arrived:

image_(resized).jpg

The perfectionist in me is annoyed that I didnt opt for the dark green skirt instead of the lighter green. Any chance anyone of you has one I can buy?

John, you gonna place an order anytime?

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2006 3 years ago

And FINALLY the new cabinet decals arrived:

image_(resized).jpg

But, the art is rolled facing inward. I so badly want to take them out and flatten them and check on them. I'm prob a few weeks away at minimum from starting the cabinet project though. Leave them be? Take them out and inspect/flatten them?

image_(resized).jpg

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Coming soon, the U-turn sticker for the metal piece on the upper left at diverter ramp.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I'm a buyer. Any movement on a Mezel mountain mod?

Oh yea, I also got these bumper Mylar circles. Might use them. We'll see. And oh hell yea these cabinet decals look so amazing. I can't wait to see them on the game in the near future.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2020 3 years ago

Ok so dead serious here. I should have got the dark green pop skirts from pinball.center

Very fast mail service is 39 euros, super snail mail is 10.

If anyone else wanted to order something from them and throw in a dark green skirt for me, I'll pay for it and some of the shipping to get it in country and then to my address.

Any takers?

#2023 3 years ago

Yea not worth it. I'm searching the internets for a domestic company that has them

#2025 3 years ago

Ok sweet. I think I found a dark green one.

I've seen skirts with six holes and some with four. I want the six holes right?

image_(resized).png

#2026 3 years ago

Trying these on. What do y'all think?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2029 3 years ago

Making progress. Original screws for the new caps are too small so hopefully I can find some that are longer. Still need to put in the sockets.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2033 3 years ago

Thanks you guys!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man good thing you haven't put them in yet cuz their 555 sockets. I can't find it but vid1900 showed how to put them in so they stand up straight and stay straight. Ask vid, he may remember where the post is. It's got something to do with using a wire tie, I can picture it in my head buy I can't describe it. So why don't you just read my mind.

Yea I got two different kinds of sockets to use. I have a Vid thread saved on replacing the pops that I'm referencing

image_(resized).jpeg

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Go with the solid wire sockets. The flexible wire sockets suck big time !!

That's what someone else recommended too. Why do the flex wires suck? I was going to use the other set on my Elvis and put the all gold body and skirt on those bumpers.

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Pretty cool. Like to see those lit up.

I will hopefully have them done and lit up in the near future

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

The socket tends to flop around inside the bumper body somewhat and means the led wont always be centralized, solid wire one's sit in better

Gotcha. Maybe a dab of hot glue to hold the socket in place? The old ones on here were held in pretty tight and the leads were bent and stapled underneath making them pretty taut.

Annoyed at myself for not ordering longer screws for these caps. Sigh. It's always something.

#2043 3 years ago

Well crap. Those seem cool. Can't use those and the LED rings though. Wish I had grabbed a few when I ordered all the skirts and bodies. Also, how are they powered? Soldered like the 555s?

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Pop bumpers look great Grinder, I will do my best to design something better for mine.

Ha! I have no doubt.

I just placed an order with Pinballlife for their britecaps. I'm gonna try them with their new ICE caps. It prob won't look as good with the game turned off but I dig the colors with it turned on.

image_(resized).png

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I chose the Ice Cap version particularly for my BOP cause that diffused light will suit a lot better under the mini playfield. Doesn't matter if the Ice Cap doesn't suit your needs for The Getaway, you should be able to use any style cap really

Yea that's what I figured. I also felt like those Ice Caps resemble the lights on a stop light. I have like four different styles of caps now to choose from so we'll see what looks best.

I'm just killing time waiting on Mike to finish my chroming. Once that is all put back on, then it's the cabinet being decaled. Then it's f ing go time.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

YUP and so do the Britecaps, 24 on top around the outside, 6 in the center as "react flash" and 10 underneath!!

Very excited to get them. But the ten underneath are on the outside lip right? Are there any in the center underneath? If any were in the center, if would def light up these color bodies better.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope, none in the center pointing downward in the center. BUT because the Bright Caps sit so high maybe with some extra wiring you could make the other ones work WITH the bright Caps.

Well Arts' LED Rings with the single led in the center might do a decent job of lighting up the center.

Those ones from pinball.center look cool but again, shipping is a bitch and wiring it to the britecap is outside my wheel house but then again, I'm a quick learner

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

With all your changing of your choices of things im getting dizzy !! your going to spend a fortune but to be honest ? I effin love your passion bro !! Cant wait to see how it all turns out when your done. Its going to look amazing! Im in the middle of tearinf down my perfectly working Geteaway as you know cause it didnt look pretty enough! lol

Haha thanks man. It's good to have options. Yea I tend to go overboard with my projects. Very passionate and intense.

#2063 3 years ago

Just making sure but what is the general consensus on which is the better light socket wire style:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2066 3 years ago

Well it wasn't pretty. I may have singed a wire or two with this damn soldering iron but we have power!

I'm pretty sure I shorted the led ring from Comet with the bottom of the led ring touching the metal ring. Speaking of metal ring, the metal rings on my Getaway seem higher than my two Sterns. Is this normal for a Williams game or have I done something wrong?

I've tried different combination of caps. None really light up the body that well:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2067 3 years ago

Also, while I like the ICE caps a lot, I like the green led with ice caps the least. I even like the colored Williams caps. Ultimately, I like the jeweled caps with these britecaps from PBL for now. But we'll see:

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2068 3 years ago

Also, these britecaps seem to get very hot when powered on. Lots of LED lights so that does make sense. Is that normal?

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question for ya, in your pictures the metal post and the star post next to the orange pop you have 2 rubbers on them and a metal post with a rubber next to them, next to the ball lane. Is that the original positions for them. Does anyone know? I have the metal post like yours then a bolt in the hole where you have a star post then I have a star post next to the ball lane. 2 rubbers connect the star post and the 1st post. What's original???

I've seen owners completely remove the post. I've seen owners put a standard rubber on it like mine came with and I've seen them with a star post. Obviously the loop shot is easier with no post and hard with the star post. I'm pretty sure the star post is original.

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2073 3 years ago

I feel like my yellow britecap looks more orange than yellow. Comet's yellow is def a yellow. Hmmm

#2078 3 years ago

Ok so is it a single or double star post?

Man that shot is gonna be tight!

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think you had it right with that black rubber post. That star post isn't supposed to be sticking out into the ball lane.

No I remember reading that a star post is how it was designed. Owners have modified it in different ways to make the shot easier.

Quoted from tiltmonster:The 2nd photo is correct... or at least that's the way my machine is setup.

star_post_(resized).jpg

Yes! I like the lit star post. I'm going to do all mine in red. How is the wire ran? The led sits underneath the star post right? So where does the wire get ran through? Does it just clip on to GI?

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I love these LED Star Post Lights and used them is several spots but I don't think I over did it...
A few bits of advise,
1. I used a Dermel and thinned down the inside wall of the star posts so the light would fit snuggly inside the post
2. I put a notch on one side of the Star Post so it would sit flat on the base of the LED plastic circle and sit flush on the PF
3. I sanded the "nipple" off of the top of Star post so the plastics would sit level on ALL the posts
I used some for additional lighting in dark areas that are always on and used some in the slings as additional flashers,
the Blue are used as Flashers and the Green and Red are always on in the GI strings
Blue_Flasher_(resized).jpg
Green_Star_(resized).jpg

Green_star_2_(resized).jpg

Dear God

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

tsk tsk Grinder, you didn't replace the targets with new ones? Dear baby Jesus!

Sigh. I've thought about it. Now it's all I'll think about.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Lol, just messing with you.

I know but I'll prob end up buying a complete set cuz why the hell not

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

AND.....there's always an AND.....new target cushions. That's a good lad.

Already bought the cushion. Halfway there

image_(resized).jpeg

#2097 3 years ago

Yep

image_(resized).png

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ummmmm Target Decals?....shhhhh stop encouraging Grinder

I bought some and put them on the original targets. I'll buy another set for these new targets

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It takes 6 white ones as well.

Haha I know. I got those on order as well. The screen shot would only show so much

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Glad you are taking all of those pictures Grinder. It will help me out with my third HS2. I just need to go pick it up.

Yes sir. Happy to help. I'll send them all to you.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Lol. Shameless push for your products...both of you.
We'll see. I tend to do LED's and that's about it for the mod's except for my Metallica. Lol

Stronger man than me

#2121 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Not done yet. Putting in star post leds next. Like I said, just killing time till the chrome is ready for pickup.

#2130 3 years ago

Ok I put warm whites in the single ring starn posts, 11 of them. I like them a lot. I got them from PBL but they said these leds won't work in double ring star posts. I have three double ring star posts towards the back. At have any recommendations on what to use. Maybe a link to what Comet has available? I'd like to light all the posts if possible.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that looks fine, did you try to put one in yet.

No not yet. There just isn't a great spot to hide the circuit board or a place to run the wires through.

I may have to break out a Dremel and cut a bottom section out of the star post to run it up under the star post next to it

image_(resized).jpg

#2137 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I don't think he was saying he was going drill through the PF

I PMed him and was thinking about creating a hole where it wouldn't be seen under the plastic. I didn't see any other way to bring the wires through the playfield

#2151 3 years ago

Well everything was going so damn well. I just had to light the back three star posts. I connected them to nearby gi and turned it on for one final test. One of the three wasnt working so adjusted the clips and now I've got lights out all over the damn playfield. Like a shit ton of lights. Did I blow a fuse?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2154 3 years ago

No I sure don't. I tried inspecting the fuses visually to see if I saw a break in any of them but I couldn't really tell

#2157 3 years ago

I don't have a multimeter. I'll get one tomorrow or see if a neighbor has one

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Damnit, what did you do?

Ha, the hell if I know. Can there be too many leads on one GI light? Everything was going so well until I tried tackling those back star posts.

#2163 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hey, where did you get those flipper toppers?

Hit Joe up at Pingraffix.com

Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's a short somewhere.

A short? I'm heading to work, I'll have to try and tackle it tomorrow. I don't think I messed with anything while the lights were on. I don't think I burned any wires with my soldering iron either. It's just crazy that so many lights went out at one time.

#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check your connectors. You more than likely toasted a connection at the pin. I did the same messing with alligators clamps connected to light strips. Now I never fiddle with anything without power off. Need to check fuses as well.

Thanks. I try not to fiddle with the lights off either but maybe I had something touching something it shouldn't have when I turned it back on.

If I did toast a connector as you said, what's the remedy? How do I check connectors?

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Ryan be safe out there tonight.

Hey, thanks man. Hoping for a quiet night but ya never know.

#2168 3 years ago

Well I got all this, prepared for anything:

image_(resized).jpeg

I gave my fuses a closer look and found one with what might have been burn marks on the inside:

image_(resized).jpeg

Replaced it here:

image_(resized).jpeg

And now all my star post are lit up!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2170 3 years ago

I don't know if I'm liking the transparent rubbers. I'm thinking either white or black rubbers. Can't decide...

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like your J120 brown wire connector is getting a little brown so keep an eye on that one.

Hmm yea I see that now. On the right edge. Thank you. Weird. I'll inspect it more when I get home later today. What does J120 power?

#2174 3 years ago

I found it:

image_(resized).png

It powers playfield G.I. The last thing I need is the connector burning up and destroying my board.

image_(resized).png

#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If you search the j120 you will see that the J120 is problematic, as I recall it controls several GI strings and is the one that usually gets cooked. Mine did but it's not just the molex, it's the pins on the back side of the board. I repaired my board by replacing the pins and replaced the molex and it continued to fail. I eventually bought a new board and rebuilt the molex connector and it's been trouble free since. LEDs will reduce the load but if its brown that could indicate the pins are failing too, you may want to check that out. If you repair the molex connectors and not the board it may continue to go bad. Hopefully the pins are ok.

All great info. How do I check to see if the pins are failing?

#2179 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Yea I searched and found your old thread about J120 on your Getaway. I'll check the fuses when I get home.

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who have gone with the translucent rubber rings, I have a couple of questions:
1) Did you use 2.5" or 3.0" for the slingshots (calls for 2.5", but have read some places that owners of other pins thought they were too tight, so they went with 3")
2) I am looking to acquire from Pinball Life, but they do not carry the 7/16" ID (supplier does not make them). Schematic calls for 8 of these. Is there an alternate supplier or an alternate size I should use (PBL has either 3/4" or 3/8" ID rings).

Check out www.Titanpinball.com for your rubber needs.

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

The shop is about to begin on my Getaway. Just got my parts in.

20160418_161336_(resized).jpg

It's like Christmas! Congrats!

#2191 3 years ago

Here are the caps:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1407

I have sampled a ton of cap LEDs but I'm liking the pop bumper LEDs from Comet:

http://www.cometpinball.com/Pinball-Pop-Bumper-LED-Light-p/11smdbmpring.htm

I chose to match the led to the color of the pop but I also wondered how natural or warm white would look in the pops.

Lots of options out there bud. Good luck

#2194 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where did you get your high speed flipper toppers? Is there one for the top right flipper?

Joe from Pingraffix.com is your bet. He makes that third flipper topper too

#2198 3 years ago

Ok I'll check all the fuses tonight, no beep means it's bad.

I pulled j120 and inspected the pin as well as the connector. Aside from slightly browning, they both appear ok. I'll have the connector replaced when I do the cabinet.

#2202 3 years ago

Yes sir, non Williams caps work. I had similar questions. I bought clear caps, the Williams real, yellow and red caps as well as the jeweled caps

#2203 3 years ago

Well I tested all my fuses, Jesus there are a ton, like 25 of them, and they all had continuity

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

A ton of fuses is a good thing, it's more protection for your machine but I'm confused now, are there still issues with the lights or is that resolved?

Oh no it's resolved but I thought testing them all to make sure was recommended. I used a continuity tester. It lit up if there was continuity. There were only a few that to me at least, didn't seem to burn quite as bright

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just ordered one of these. Referring to the knob, how did you end up removing it? Did you just cut it off, did you try heat, some other way? Anything else from your experience that would be nice to know before attempting upgrade on my own?

Brother it was a major pain in the ass. I took a hack saw to it as well as a Dremel. I cut it in half all the way around with the hacksaw and then cut it vertical with a Dremel. I'm sure there is a smarter, easier way but I'm no rocket surgeon.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was wondering of the light green is actually "teal" when ordering? I am ordering a bunch of stuff from PBL, and this is the only one I see. Shows light green in photo of choices, but only "teal" in drop down selection (I would be happy with light green, but don't want to end up with a bluish-green).

The light green is def green. Not teal. I had a hard time finding a dark green skirt. By the time I did, I already had installed the entire green pop assembly and I'm satisfied with it. I have the dark green skirt in a box filled with clear, red and white bodies and a ton of cap colors.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, my shifter just arrived but it does not work. Did not come with instructions on how to change battery. I removed the cap, but just contains the switch as far as I can tell. Searched the web, but cannot find instructions. Any guidance on how to replace batteries is greatly appreciated.
Even with all the work, based on your pics the end result looks well worth it. I was wondering what those shards of black mess were in your photos - Dremel & hacksaw at work?

Yep, all that black crap is shards of original shifter knob. There are several small Allen wrench type of screws in the center of the new shifter. Remove the screws and I'll bet you'll find two dead lithium batteries. Replace them and your good to go.

Here's an image of the dark green skirt next to the green pop

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2222 3 years ago

Also, this will def help:

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#2226 3 years ago

Your apron is a huge improvement.

Two lithium batteries sit stacked on each other to power the shift knob mod. I'll see about taking the knob apart tomorrow for you.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was wondering of the light green is actually "teal" when ordering? I am ordering a bunch of stuff from PBL, and this is the only one I see. Shows light green in photo of choices, but only "teal" in drop down selection (I would be happy with light green, but don't want to end up with a bluish-green).

Also, now that I'm thinking of it. I don't know that I bought my green skirt from PBL. I think I got it from Pinball.center so I can't really say what tint that green/teal skirt is going to be. I would email Terry and ask him at PBL before wasting the money.

Ryan

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Nothing against those that have done the shifter knob mod, but it looks pretty "ricey" to me. I'd rather have the stock one.

I hear ya. To each their own. The game is all about pushing limits and putting the pedal to the metal. That knob is boring and stock. But some owners, hell prob most owners, like their games the way they came. I like going over board and over the top, in case that wasn't already apparent.