• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 94 votes
    35%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 271 votes by 270 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,051 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2915.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2918.JPG
image (resized).jpg
9551B9D6-8072-4615-8223-9115AB2F89D9 (resized).jpeg
A6601A17-09BB-4DE5-A0FA-C0CA8F406902 (resized).jpeg
a99d7cc6c384345a281f57a7a34a66473fe975ab (resized).jpg
2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fast_in_muskoka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Unfortunately, the Extra ball in Video mode is controlled by the auto percentaging programmed into the game, so as you begin to collect more and more extra ball awards, the percentaging getting smaller and smaller till it goes away,during VM. If you do a game reset, etc., it will come back, but will eventually go away. I am runnning L-5 and it has the VM extra ball feature and shows up on both sides of the road I am pretty sure.

That's kool, I've never seen this before, not even when I played the crap outta of the pin when it was brand new . . .

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Donut building I made. I think something over that metal piece really adds to the game look.
Robert

IMG_1027.JPG 179 KB

looks great, although the donut sign might be spelled incorrectly . . .

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

That's how it is spelled in the DMD video of the building.

you might want to check that DMD again . . .

#67 5 years ago

correct !

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Fast_in_muskoka is referring to the DMD being spelled Donuts not doughnuts like the pic on the previous page. Tim is referring to the spelling on his Donut Heaven being spelled the same as on the DMD.
At least that's what I think is going on.

correct, I had to check as well . . .

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I'm confused because everyone is so nice and agreeable in this thread.

LOL

1 week later
#88 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

My diverter set screws are coming loose due to vibration. How do you guys keep them in place? Should I put some Loctite on them? What kind?

blue

3 months later
8 months later
#670 4 years ago

Maybe you need to add an extra spring to the diverter to help speed things up a bit.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I just had the craziest game. Got through redline mania twice, and almost got through 4th gear a third time (damn, because the supercharger is my favorite mode). Scored the super jackpot for the first time ever - was a bit disappointed it's only 50 mil, thought it would be more like 100. Didn't score much with either supercharger mode, but didn't immediately drain on them either which seems to happen a lot :p. 383 million over all. Not even half my record score, but pretty damn respectable. Now I have too much adrenaline in me to go to bed.

jog to 7-11 fer some pints . . .

#674 4 years ago

No pints for you ! - They would probably freeze before you get back to your pins anyway . . .

I've seen pics, holy crap !

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Here's a question on video mode... I absolutely swear that I saw "EB" floating on the track, I think "extra bonus", when I first got the game. But I never see it now. Am I crazy? If I'm not crazy, how do I trigger the EB to show up on the track?

I remember reading in a post somewhere here on Pinside that if you reset your game that the EB will reappear in the video mode. I haven't seen them in a long time on my HSII either . . .

#681 4 years ago

I found this through COG ( College of Google ) . . .

The best and most common strategy is to straddle the line between the
leftmost pair of lanes. You can steer by holding the flipper buttons in
(pressing more than one will give precedence to the most recently pressed
button); there is no need to tap them repeatedly. If the machine is set up
for it or has been giving out very few Extra Balls recently, there will often
be an Extra Ball target in the far lane, instead of one of the Bugs. It's
more or less impossible to see this target and head for it; if you expect it
will come up, you may wish to anticipate its appearance (usually about 1/3 to
1/2 of the way through the Video Mode). Just drive through it to collect it.

2 weeks later
#716 4 years ago

speedometer would be a great mod to go along with the others . . .

2 months later
1 month later
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Could be worse, you could be in Aus
I looked into getting one recently but after postage and exchange rate it was $620

ouch !

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Yup, with exchange and shipping it's a $600.00 dollar hit here also.

ouch, Ouch, OUCH !

Worse than a Muskokan sunburn . . .

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was thinking you'd come here or visit a friend in Buffalo.

ahhh no thanks, I've heard what goes on at those "Canadian Cottage" parties so I think I'll pass.

Can't handle the Canadian beer, Eh ?

1 month later
#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys I need some color dmd fundage so gonna let my painted mountain mod go. It's in the original box with original instructions. 110 shipped to the lower 48. I only had it on for a short time and was thinking of selling machine so I removed it. Still looks how it did when I received it.
image.jpg
image_1.jpg

that's a GREAT deal !

1 month later
#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Here's a video of the light bar running:
» YouTube video

holy sheep shit, that's crazy !

1 year later
#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I sold my mountain to Tilt for about half that.

I paid $114 USD for mine ( snow covered ) from Pinball Toys in 2013 ( shipping in to Canada included ).

Loonie and green back were @ par then.

#4411 2 years ago

Weird that this mountain was removed as a cost cutting measure, doesn't seem like an expensive part.
It was probably the heating and vacuum forming labor / time / painting that would have been where the cost savings were.
Were any other playfield details eliminated to save cost on HSII ?
Always liked the two spinners on the first HS.

4 months later
#6043 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We are getting closer, need to make some custom plastics.

Looks great ! Maybe add a plastic with a "RADAR AHEAD" stand up sign to the custom plastic as well.

8 months later
#7267 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You should run a Supercharger test and a time test to see if all of your magnets are working and what tweaks need to be done (optos working). I just bought a new accelerator board, my old one was rebuilt and running really well but I wanted a backup while I could still grab one. Tested and running at 83

whose board did you purchase ?

#7271 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It's Homepin that made the board

thanks man

1 month later
3 months later
#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Here are a few pictures on the LCD smooth animations... the colors look better in person.

no option for more than one thumbs up - LOL !

4 months later
#8724 11 months ago

that's kool, room for a few more pairs of cylinders !

#8732 11 months ago

you are correct sir !

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think this one's a little more up your alley.
[quoted image]

4 months later
#9221 7 months ago

Congrats On the HSII, I think I saw that on Kijiji for sale the other day, you moved fast - Nice score !

I put Pinball Bulb's LEDs into my HSII a few years back and no ghosting that I've seen.

I took a bunch of extra time and cleaned all the insides of every insert when the LEDs were installed, they were full of carbon dust.

This game really pops with LEDs for certain.

Quoted from Geteos:

Finally found a decent priced getaway near me. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it plays great. Spent some time today cleaning the playfield and giving the center play area a good buffing.
I noticed some of my bayonet bulbs are a bit finicky, you have to jiggle the bulb a bit to get it to light, also my LEDs are ghosting. Is that common with this title? They’re standard bulbs I used successfully on my Jurassic Park.
[quoted image]

#9223 7 months ago

Kool, there was one on Kijiji for $3500 the other day, I just assumed this was the same pin.

There is a local guy to us that sells patched ROMs, never tried them though - PM me if ya want.

Quoted from Geteos:

I actually bought it from a fellow Pinside before he listed it. All the kijiji getaways in Canada turned out to be scams :/
I noticed a lot of carbon dust on the back box lighting board.
The ghosting issue is odd, maybe it’s just a bad connection on the bayonets then. The lone wedge base in the traffic light seems fine.

#9240 6 months ago

Maybe with some JB Weld ?

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks. Wish I didn't have those two holes next to the right one, however. Anyone have any ideas on how I can patch the holes easily/cheaply?

1 week later
#9273 6 months ago

I've been purchasing Astill's product for decades, you won't go wrong there !

Quoted from ProjectSmoke:

Awesome thanks for the info.

#9285 6 months ago

Red Barachetta !

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Rush please!
Fly by night in vid mode

1 month later
#9404 5 months ago

Yes I streamed and watched it online last night, not bad at all !

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if there are any other John Wick franchise Getaway owner fans, but I went and watched "JW 3 Parabellum" last night, and wow! No spoilers here, but that movie had action from the first minute in and didn't stop until it was over 130 minutes later (movie seemed nowhere close to that). Very intense & creative close-up violence (I didn't know you could kill people in so many different ways with guns, knives, and other seemingly benign objects - no pencils in this one), the storyline is a logical continuation of the first two movies while taking you deeper into the High Table, and there were even some surprising twists which pave the way for a fourth movie.
Even though there were actual moments where I had to look away - it was that visceral, I feel like I need to see it again just to take in everything I may have missed since it was coming at me so fast.

#9406 5 months ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Do tell, is there a legit service that has it streaming? In Canada? Not interested if not legit. Thanks.

all streaming is legit, there's a ton of them - downloading is a different story.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fast_in_muskoka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside