• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enkiktd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6269 6 years ago

Question about the hairpin turn bracket (the one that there is a mod decal to cover up). My getaway doesn't have that bracket. I checked 3 machines at the NWPAS and 2/3 didn't have the bracket either. Is this normal?

What does this bracket do?

#6271 6 years ago

Well hopefully you guys don't mind me around because woo boy do I have a hacked up Getaway. I'm trying to undo the madness within and here's my first question:

On J115 there's some wires spliced in, it's crazy town. Following these leads to the transformer. What is this connector/are these wires supposed to look like/connect to? These connectors are pretty scorched so whatever this person did is obviously bad for the game. Working on saving this game, undoing one bad hack at a time.

IMG_6456 (resized).JPGIMG_6456 (resized).JPG

IMG_6461 (resized).JPGIMG_6461 (resized).JPG

IMG_6458 (resized).JPGIMG_6458 (resized).JPG

#6278 6 years ago

Luckily I do have a manual, just starting to dig in on that.

May go for a speaker upgrade at some point but that's a long way off, as this machine is pretty wrecked mechanically. Luckily the field looks great and I'm patient.

#6280 6 years ago

Yeah sorry, I meant I have manuals and schematics both.

And here's a pic of J115 connector, it definitely is toasted. The pin on the board shows the matching damage.

IMG_6464 (resized).JPGIMG_6464 (resized).JPG

IMG_6455 (resized).JPGIMG_6455 (resized).JPG

#6282 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hmmm.. can you post a pic on what's on the end of those colored wires? is it the molex connector? is the Molex burnt? My quick guess is that connector was burnt and the owner who rebuilt it did not know how to make the pigtail loop so they cut the wires and joined 2 wires together inside the wire nut... Here is mine rebuilt, the orange wires are my pig tail wires, it's a pain in the butt but this is how it should look.

Do your J115 yellow wires go directly to the transformer? Could you possibly provide me with a closer picture of your J114, J115 and J120 connectors? These all have the same issues on mine and I want to fix them up the correct way, even if it is a pain. No hurry, just whenever it's convenient for you. This is a long project, there's much much worse to deal with on this machine.

#6284 6 years ago

I have a new board to replace it, I'm just working on repinning the connectors and making sure I'm not going to burn my new board. I used the schematic and he had all the right wires in the connector in the right place. We will pigtail it correctly and convert it to LEDs.

#6285 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, that's the issue with that setup, toasty pins and molex... LED bulbs will help reduce the load but those pins and that board will require work. You'll need to rebuild that connector but you're wasting your time in doing so if you do not repair-replace that driver board.

Is that 18 or 14 gauge wire on your pigtail?

#6288 6 years ago

My 120 looks very different than yours due to the modification. I have the following original wires in the connector:

3 yellow
5 green
6 purple
9 white yellow
10 white green
11 white purple

Spliced into new ones as pictured:

IMG_6467 (resized).JPGIMG_6467 (resized).JPG

IMG_6468 (resized).JPGIMG_6468 (resized).JPG

#6291 6 years ago

I'm going to check out the schematics for j120, follow where the wires go and snap some pics after a trip to the electronics shop.

#6293 6 years ago

There's also some scorching underneath the field near the coin door. Is this board for the kickback?

IMG_6470 (resized).JPGIMG_6470 (resized).JPG

IMG_6472 (resized).JPGIMG_6472 (resized).JPG

IMG_6471 (resized).JPGIMG_6471 (resized).JPG

#6295 6 years ago

For sure, and I bet a lot of this needs to be rewired and I intend to.

#6297 6 years ago

First one down, everything else to go. that j120 is going to be confusing though

IMG_6474 (resized).JPGIMG_6474 (resized).JPG

IMG_6475 (resized).JPGIMG_6475 (resized).JPG

#6298 6 years ago

So here's J120, looks like it leads to the backbox illumination.

IMG_6476 (resized).JPGIMG_6476 (resized).JPG

#6301 6 years ago

Our 121 looks like your 120 in your picture, were they perhaps reversed for some reason on ours?

IMG_6479 (resized).JPGIMG_6479 (resized).JPG

#6302 6 years ago

This is our first project anywhere near this magnitude of work so I appreciate all the assistance!

#6303 6 years ago

Yeah looks like 120 and 121 were mislabeled, that should make it way easier.

#6305 6 years ago

Here is the crazy hacked door we removed from the game and the hole they had to cut to accommodate it.

IMG_6500 (resized).JPGIMG_6500 (resized).JPG

IMG_6507 (resized).JPGIMG_6507 (resized).JPG

IMG_6509 (resized).JPGIMG_6509 (resized).JPG

#6306 6 years ago

Any ideas on what this white block is and what the hell this ground wire is doing on the playfield prop bar?

IMG_6511 (resized).JPGIMG_6511 (resized).JPG

#6309 6 years ago

Yeah we have rebuilt almost every connector because whoever this person was, they spliced into every single wire they could draw power from for their hacky coin door. Once all is said and done it'll be about 3 days worth of work total to undo these hacks, which isn't too bad.

The cabinet on the other hand... if I get this game running I might just have to get a new one. The cut is so severe on the front.

#6310 6 years ago

I mean, look at this beautiful use of masking tape to splice in a wire to siphon some of that sweet sweet power for the coin door.

The masking tape was extra crispy.

IMG_6098 (resized).JPGIMG_6098 (resized).JPG

#6313 6 years ago

Can anyone take a picture of their connector J2 on the coin door interface board? Mine seems to be missing some wires. Trying to figure out what wires to be looking for.

#6317 6 years ago

Thanks! Gonna get this guy running again soon!

#6318 6 years ago

Interesting, gray yellow is in the key slot?

#6321 6 years ago

That looks correct, thanks!

#6332 6 years ago

Can this shifter be used to replace the Getaway shifter, if the correct decal is applied over it?

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/driving_controls/50-8110-00

Or this one?

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/driving_controls/50-8018-00

#6338 6 years ago

Can anyone take a quick picture of J1 on the high current driver board? My connector looks factory but it doesn't match the schematic. Wondering if I should leave it or match it to the schematic.

#6339 6 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Can anyone take a quick picture of J1 on the high current driver board? My connector looks factory but it doesn't match the schematic. Wondering if I should leave it or match it to the schematic.

Bump, hopefully someone can help out! This is one board I don't want to fry!

1 month later
#6573 6 years ago

So we rebuilt all three flippers on the re-import Getaway and I'm noticing that all of the coils (except the flippers) on the game are AE-26-1700, except one AE-26-1500. Referencing the manual these are totally wrong, and I suspect the operator just swapped them out for whatever was on hand (why, I don't know). Should I bite the bullet, spend ~$125 and replace all coils per the manual?

#6575 6 years ago

Might be 27-1700, but yeah I guess we will swap out the ones that are incorrect!

1 week later
#6644 6 years ago

Does anyone have or can take some clear photos underneath the pop bumpers? Rebuilding these but took them apart a while ago and pictures we took aren't as clear as we thought!

#6649 6 years ago

Mr_tantrum, those worked great, thanks!

GrimDog - I've been looking for a plastic set for a while and haven't been able to find one. Pretty much everyone is sold out at this point.

#6661 6 years ago

I was looking at an LED list a couple of people compiled for Getaway and they all list three red 89's. I can see where whites would go; Where would these reds go?

1 week later
#6700 6 years ago

Almost done with the rebuild but now I have two stray female connectors that I don't know where they go to. Both are located near the flipper buttons and are the same colors as the wires that attach to the flipper assemblies. Any insight?

IMG_7287 (resized).JPGIMG_7287 (resized).JPG

IMG_7288 (resized).JPGIMG_7288 (resized).JPG

#6704 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for the confirmation!

2 weeks later
#6715 6 years ago

I am so close to having this dirty reimport working. We are having an issue with the upper right flipper where if we go into starting test mode or starting a game, that flipper sticks up. If we test that coil individually in test mode, it works completely fine. All wiring looks correct, diodes check out fine, have tried a new fliptronic board. Transistors seems fine, switches are new and good. When the game ends, the flipper goes down. Anyone experience this before?

#6716 6 years ago

Should all of these lights on the power driver board be on?

IMG_7541 (resized).JPGIMG_7541 (resized).JPG

#6717 6 years ago

Was a switch issue, fixed it!

1 week later
#6743 6 years ago

My game works but I'm having a slight issue with the ball launcher contacting with the right flipper button switch if the flipper button is pressed. Does anyone else have this issue? Is the solution to buy a shorter thread button?

IMG_7649 (resized).JPGIMG_7649 (resized).JPG

IMG_7650 (resized).JPGIMG_7650 (resized).JPG

#6749 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What the heck kind of button set up have you got on your game? That's not stock whatever it is. It looks like a jacked fix to me. That's what's causing your problem. I'll bet the other button doesn't look like that.

This was a really rough reimport, we basically had to rewire most of the machine. We have had to replace a lot of hacked/wrong parts, so this is not a surprise. We've ordered new ones for both sides.

#6752 6 years ago

These are just some of the things we've had to repair, including a "custom" coin door that involved someone using a saw on the cabinet to extend the hole downward. Power was spliced into everywhere and I'm pretty sure there was some burning at some point, the high current board was toasty.

IMG_6071 (resized).JPGIMG_6071 (resized).JPG

IMG_6456 (resized).JPGIMG_6456 (resized).JPG

IMG_6098 (resized).JPGIMG_6098 (resized).JPG

IMG_6465 (resized).JPGIMG_6465 (resized).JPG

#6754 6 years ago

This is where we are at now, new coin door but we need to replace the wood and re-decal. It was a fun project, expensive after all the parts but we learned a lot from it.

Luckily DMD was good and playfield was pretty good, but we feel we could tackle almost anything now. Lol

IMG_7659 (resized).JPGIMG_7659 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider enkiktd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=enkiktd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.