• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 93 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 270 votes by 269 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,043 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docrotcod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 4 years ago

Hoping this is an easy one for somebody on here. On my Getaway, the double star post (and in some cases single) in front of the left pop near the left loop was missing (as it is apparently is some Getaways people have removed the post). Can anyone tell me what size screw it takes? I can't find it in the manual it doesn't get that specific.

#607 4 years ago

I may do that. I have the star post but was wondering about the size of the actual screw that goes through the post. Thanks

1 week later
#618 4 years ago

Quick question for fellow Getaway owners. I was wondering if someone could take a pic or tell me how the wires from the ball lock area on the right wire ramp feed down into the playfield? I don't think mine are correct.

#622 4 years ago

That helps a lot. Whomever worked on this one before went behind it instead of to the right. Thank you so much!

#641 4 years ago

I would expect you would have other problems than just the sound going out and that's it if that were the issue. Like issues with resets, etc.

#643 4 years ago

I'm right there with you. It's funny but I just got mine working today as well 100%. Great game. Didn't get anywhere near your score

#665 4 years ago

I've been working on my Getaway for the last month, and I'm down to the last friggin' switch! Come on Marco order, get here so I can put a bow on this and call it done! It's the switch for the up/down ramp.

CPR plastics came today, so I replaced the 2 plastics I need, and it look great! Some day I may decide to decal this thing, but not right now.

Pics to follow soon

1 month later
#697 4 years ago

Reseat the ribbon cable between the cpu and driver board. I had to do this on mine.

1 week later
#741 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

+2! I had to replace the microswitch on my ramp. Even if the ramp moves up and down during the test, make sure the game knows the position of the ramp.
If the supercharger is slow, but everything physically looks ok and all three magnets are working, you might try new balls. It slows down as balls get magnetized.

The ramp is a bit of a complicated piece for sure. On mine I kept getting credit dots AND during the game the ramp would jump periodically. I had to buy a switch from Marco and manually make the bends in the blade. Now it works perfectly.

1 week later
#755 4 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

The connector behind my red/yellow/green stop light keeps sliding out and disconnecting itself because of vibration. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

You could flare the pins out a bit or scuff them up. Otherwise you'll need to replace the connector or glue/tape it down.

If it were me, I'd redo the connector.

1 month later
#887 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Need to find me another HS2, took mine to Allentown to setup in freeplay. Put a high price on it figuring it wouldn't sell, figured wrong.

Out of curiosity, what price did you have on it? Seems like HS2 is gaining in value these days.

3 months later
#1067 4 years ago

Can someone help clear up some confusion on the shifter? I know top says shift up, and bottoms says shift down. What I need to know is let's say video mode is starting, and I want to go to fifth gear, should I have to go shift down or shift up? I'm trying to determine if my switches are backwards, because everyone at my shop is telling me it is.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

The stick should be moving up towards the sky to shift up.

Ok thank you, but I guess I'm still wanting to verify a bit more. When you say shift up, does that shift 'up' into the higher gears like 2,3,4,5, or does it shift 'up' in the sense of like an actual car where it would be downshifting into the lower gears?

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

On mine, when you lift the shifter up, you go faster in video mode. When you push the handle down you go slower in video mode. I've played a few that were not like that though. I've see them both ways, I always assumed that mine was correct.

Wow! Seems there are quite a few people with different setups. I'd be curious to know which is correct. Hmmm.. Maybe have to ask Steve Ritchie

#1112 4 years ago

Thanks for the info all. I flipped my shifter switches today. Now I have to learn how to shift all over again

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I finally completed my HS2 tachometer mod! Inspired by HOOKED's Mustang tachometer mod, I designed and built a circuit board that connects a real automotive tachometer and shift light to GETAWAY's playfield tach. The real tachometer displays the same RPM as the playfield tach and the shift light lights up when you hit redline.
Here's a video of it in action:
ยป YouTube video
I've been documenting the entire development (starting over a year ago) in a series of videos that are all listed in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-series-designing-and-building-a-new-mod

That is one of the coolest mods I have ever seen! Congrats on a very well though out and designed mod. Will you be offering these for sale?

1 month later
#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Having trouble with the color DMD (or more properly the 14-pin ribbon connector) in my Getaway. The ribbon connector keeps coming loose from the DMD controller board just enough that the DMD goes fuzzy. As soon as I push the connector all the way back in at the board the problem is solved, but it keeps coming loose nevertheless. Anyone have ideas on how to keep this from happening? The board itself is not loose nor are the header pins for the connector.

Do like Stern does on their games, put some hot glue on the connector to keep it together. Or replace the cable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vancouver, BC
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docrotcod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside