• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 93 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 270 votes by 269 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,047 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
9551B9D6-8072-4615-8223-9115AB2F89D9 (resized).jpeg
A6601A17-09BB-4DE5-A0FA-C0CA8F406902 (resized).jpeg
a99d7cc6c384345a281f57a7a34a66473fe975ab (resized).jpg
2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_2814.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#385 5 years ago

Has anyone heard of PF's being done for these in the near-ish future?

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You could ask PPS if they found any in the pile of playfields he just went through. If he does have one, look really carefully at the pics he sends you. The quotes I recieved for other games were way too high for the quality of the playfields he had. One even had drill holes through the right inlane.

Yikes! Ok, thanks; I'll have to check with them.

2 months later
#531 4 years ago

I think they mean for changing lanes in video mode.

Quoted from urbanledge:

Just noticed last night it says "change lanes" on the apron.
referring to changing lanes on the inlanes/outlanes
But you cant change lanes on mine?
can anybody change lanes?

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

So the batteries in my new-to-me HS2 (expired in 2008) had corroded the holder so it is non functioning. Luckily the corrosion seems to stop there.
The software is version 1. Should I upgrade to newer software? Or is newer software only used for mods with add-ons to the playfield? Software versions are a new thing to me.
Also, if a software upgrade is recommended, is there a particular one I should use? How do I perform it, just get some eproms and burn the new software to them and swap them out? If yes to that, where do I get the files and what chips do I need?
PS, this game is so awesome.

All the ROMS are buggy, but I'd go with L2 or L5 as they're the most popular. All trade one problem for another it seems.

3 weeks later
#609 4 years ago

This is what was on mine but this is a reimport from Italy...

image.jpg
#610 4 years ago

Checked the screw and not sure what exact size but it fills the double star post cavity on mine. (TWSS!)

image.jpg
2 weeks later
#659 4 years ago

Pretty sure manual is wrong about motor but someone should be able to chime in. The bulb is 12VDC for sure. It uses a #906 auto reverse light bulb.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Pretty sure manual is wrong about motor but someone should be able to chime in. The bulb is 12VDC for sure. It uses a #906 auto reverse light bulb.

See here about voltages; says manual shows 48 VAC but should be 20VAC so the 16 should be ok. More here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-beacon-and-light-not-working

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

That's good info dmacy. Wish people would follow up with resolutions if they find them though.

Agree completely. Good luck on the motor. They're not terribly expensive.

1 month later
#732 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

What's the Mars lamp? I don't think I have any rotating lamps on my Getaway.

The red lamp dome that has the rotating lens around the 1196 bulb on the top.

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg IMG_0031.jpg IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0029.jpg
#734 4 years ago

Sorry!

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

How would you test the supercharger? Run in test mode and hand feed balls or ??

Yes, there's a supercharger test mode. Have the balls ready to go in to test. If I recall 90's are a good number but I haven't tried to use the test mode for a few years. Someone should be able to give you a good number that you should see.

4 months later
#994 4 years ago

Anyone in on the new Playfield?

1 month later
#1154 4 years ago

mof, I'm pretty sure you can extend the ball save time and the minimum volume most definitely. It's a standard WPC adjustment that by default Williams has off. Something about minimum volume OFF?

I'd look on mine but working on friends/Pinsider's brakes on his truck now.

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My min volume is 8.
1. How can I make 8 more quiet?
2. Why 8?
-mof

Minimum override: Set to Yes

image.jpg

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

TY !!!
-mof

Also, I did not see an adjustment for free ride length of time. I believe it depends on the version ROM you use. I'm running L2 which has a pretty generous amount of time.

1 week later
#1245 4 years ago

Has anyone started their PF swaps yet? I'd love to dig into mine but too many projects and not the time.

1 month later
#1544 3 years ago

I'm about to swap my Playfield in the next week or two and played a handful of games tonight. I have the leaf switch can flipper switches and I get temporary dead right flippers. I hit it once or twice and back to being normal. Nothing has changed and it has happened once or twice before while a friend played it he said.

No issues at all in the video mode which I played dozens of times during my games tonight. Being intermittent it's tricky so hoping someone (not that this is getaway specific) will point me to look for. I'd rather have this issue resolved before swapping Playfield.

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

IIRC, this game REQUIRES upgraded leaf switches. Something like gold contacts.
Without them, the flippers can be intermittent.
Hopefullly someone will chime in with a link.

I've used these from Pl: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=152

I hope they're not the cause.

#1556 3 years ago

I redid a Getaway for a friend with L5. Long story short I needed to clean up the disappearing post, replace the coil and tweak it. It was dropping the post to let all three balls out. Thought it was normal but people on here told me it's not. Perhaps it's just that simple Sticky?

2 weeks later
#1613 3 years ago

Has anyone with leaf switch flippers converted to optical? Mine has wiring for both and prefer the optical. Btw, thanks to Boogies for the heads up about the flipper leaf switches being different on this and TAF: replaced mine and fixed the glitch.

Pics of both wiring:

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

3 weeks later
#1646 3 years ago

Picked up Indy's nice traffic light mod. Will be putting it on mine when done with the swap. For anyone who is interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap#post-2827078

2 months later
#1788 3 years ago

Try adjusting it. May bounce after a played ball drains and not register switch. When in test with a ball the speed may be slow enough to register. Or switch getting flakey. Adjust to be more sensitive and see if it's better.

3 weeks later
#1868 3 years ago

They have those springs at Marcos. I'll dig them up in a link.

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Man thanks, I ordered two cuz why not.

Yeah mine were buggered up so ordered a pair when I had the playfield out ordering other things.

1 week later
#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I just hope I can put it all back once it's ready.

Should turn out great with all Chestnut's work and your cleaning up/extensive shop job. I recently did a playfield swap so these pics here may be of help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap/page/2#post-2971273

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

New playfield $900
Getting it cleared ?
Paying someone to swap ?

It's a pretty simple swap if the playfield is an original or one dimpled. Great way to learn but understand wanting to just play the darn thing and enjoy it. My playfield was pretty rough but I love the game so spent the time and money on it. It was worth it but I did play it for over 4 years before the swap.

#1913 3 years ago

Piece of Mylar is what I did.

2 weeks later
#2064 3 years ago

Top one with the thin wires.

2 weeks later
#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey guys, what are these five plastics for? They came with the new plastic set I bought:

image_(resized).jpeg

They're for the table top display.

#2286 3 years ago

Here's mine:

image.jpeg

1 month later
#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Speaking of pieces. I have these two pieces that came with my other getaway parts but I'm stumped on where they go. I do t have the ramps back yet so baby they go with the ramps. Any ideas?

Pretty sure they're not from Getaway as i just swapped playfields and it doesn't look familiar.

#2660 3 years ago

Glad it's helping someone.

You know what... I believe the "U" piece is the U turn part of supercharger that diverter will guide to left wire form. Forgot that I left my SC together. Not recalling the other piece you have.

image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2698 3 years ago

Anyone local want some inexpensive Getaway wall art?

IMG_2294_(resized).JPG

IMG_2293_(resized).JPG

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That's actually not too bad

There's worse out there for sure. It has some planking by the upper traffic lights but the other stuff could be fixed if someone really wanted to.

#2704 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

How much do you want for it?

Was going to ask $50.

3 weeks later
#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks!!! This is the info I needed! I removed a big triagle shaped "wall" that is next to the ramp to the left. This will most probably give me the space I need to just pull away from the arm without having to unscrew it. I think its worth a try.
Why do you say you wouldn't try it? Do you forsee any problems if I try it? Thanks!

Not sure if these pictures will help or not but I will say it was way easy to have this mechanism adjusted/removed with the playfield out. If that's not difficult for you, highly recommend so you can get it dialed in perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap#post-2799198

#2809 3 years ago

flynnibus is dead on about how to remove. It's not bad. Take lots of pics. I shopped mine when I bought it starting in this this sick hobby and all went well. If you can find someone in your area with a rivet press get the new ramp flap if the ramp is ok. Mine was broken and the Pinbits one is what I bought 5 years ago. It's done great so far after 5 years and likely 2-4K plays since I've owned it before swapping playfields.

4 weeks later
#2987 3 years ago

I hear you on the work horse. Mine was an Italian reimport with the lire coin mechs and it was my first game and has been dead solid reliable the whole 5+ years. The cabinet is faded and some bruises but it has a new playfield and plays just as good as it did when I got it. Just a bit shinier and faster.

1 week later
#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Thanks, but it looks completely different on the opposite side. That's why I'm hoping someone can send me a picture of theirs

The star post? There's a T nut there if so. I recently did a playfield swap in mine. I have more pics than in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap

PM me if you need more.

DSCN3308_sling_t_nut_(resized).jpg

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Thank you so much! Ok, looking at your pictures, I need the piece on the left of the bottom of this picture. Do you know what this is called?

The metal part? It's a metal post. You'll need to get a new t nut if so with the same thread as the bottom post of the new one. Measure the length of the thread on the top and the bottom. Appears to be 8/32 thread on top and same for the bottom from my pictures.

1 month later
#3096 3 years ago

Below battery holder. ULN2803

From Pinwiki:

IMG_3177 (resized).JPG

IMG_3178 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3168 3 years ago

Have used this exact handtruck for dozens of pins and many more things as well. Light and maneuverable. Some like the large fridge dollies as they're rugged but they're also a lot of added weight when dealing with steps.

2 weeks later
#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, no more excuses. I've designed a themed graphic for a plastic above the targets to the right of the ramp. Artwork is available for free to anyone who wants it on my download site: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball (of course you will need to make your own plastic/Lexan plate, but pretty simple when using my template). Take a look at the pics below for how it came out (btw, my right post is broken which is why I don't have that side screwed in yet). Enjoy!

I really like your work and this one is one that really complements the game. Nice job!

1 month later
#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Has anyone on this site got one of these ? I am super keen but would like to talk to someone who purchased one Getaway or other in the past

Yes I did and documented much of it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap

#4392 2 years ago

For questions asking about is it worth it, I'd suggest if you're concerned about getting your money and time spent back out of it, you shouldn't swap one in. Mine played fine with lifted inserts and planking but I love the game and did it for me. But the quality of it was very good. Of the playfield swaps I've done this was the first one without dimpling on the back so it will take you some time to do it right. (Although according EDIT I'm a hack )

#4416 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

What does dimpling mean?

Putting impressions where screws should go. Most playfield reprod have them. Mine was a first run so perhaps the new run will have them. He did note that he was dimpling in a post so hoping that's the case.

3 weeks later
#4634 2 years ago

I wouldn't recommend replacing your playfield if you are concerned about resale. Do it because you love the game if it's a keeper. No regrets here but I fix for me not for reselling or flipping.

4 weeks later
#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

I have 2 slingshot plastics if anyone is interested. Left side is a brand new repro never installed in a game. The right side is original and broken.

Just wanted to say thank you! I've been looking one for a while. The CPR repro's scratch easily. My fault when I swapped the playfield last year...

1 week later
#5181 2 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Awesome, great stuff, thanks I'll try my luck at printing first, if it doesn't come out nice, I'll be ordering
been looking for a nice getaway for a while, Its a great playing pin, at the top of my list right now

Awesome you got one Gerry. It's a fun game that I haven't tired of over the years.

#5182 2 years ago

I got mine via Lermods.

9 months later
#6940 1 year ago
Quoted from dcannan:

Here is a question probably answered else ware, but as I said I'm new here, and having trouble getting the hang of searching this wealth of information.
Those with sharp eyes may have noticed one horizontal line missing on my display. Is the problem generally the display it self, or the circuitry that controls it?

It’s usually the display itself. If you didn’t know, many times you can see if it is the original display if it still has serial number that matches in your cabinet. If so it’s likely time. I’m still on my original display! Used good ones can be had for $50-75 if you don’t want to spend the bucks on a new one or nice ColorDMD.

#6944 1 year ago

The Onlyest has good advice. He’s told me I give horrible advice which is likely true. But he does give good advice!

#6956 1 year ago

It looks like your spring is good which often is the cause sometimes of issues. Can you take a good picture from the side straight on? Also, those barrel nuts can come loose or get wear spots assuming you've checked for that already.

#6959 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Here it is. The barrel nuts are in good shape. I tighten them up once in a while.

Ok I don’t see them unless I’m blind tonight?!

So this is how that mechanism should be and hopefully how you can see how it would release, drop down, and be able to be removed. And if you understand how the mechanisms work, please ignore.

But looks like you’re not hooked into the nuts?

61FFE96A-14FB-49E7-B24E-95D85D5A3346.jpeg

9D2F42FF-1344-46FC-AEEB-60445435B32A.jpeg

#6964 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks. I know HOW it works, I just can't get it TO work. The "arrow" looking piece that glides on the guide I guess has enough play in it that it gets stuck to the inside of the guide every time, so that I can't get it to lock onto the upper barrel nut. I always have to try and free it while holding the playfield up with my other hand, but it gets jammed every time. Now, the operation of it may have something to do with the attachment of the spring. I see yours is somehow wrapped under and attached somewhere under the hinge point. Mine has always been attached at this point (red). Maybe that is not giving it enough tension. Is it simple enough to see where to connect the bottom of the spring inside and under the hinge point?

Sorry that I came off like a dick; it was not my intent. I'll get a better picture of the mechanism tonight for you. But does sound like your spring isn't working/set where it needs to be to work.

#6968 1 year ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Well, now it sounded like I was a dick. No offense taken, just trying to clarify my issue. Thanks for the help.

Here’s how it should go. Hopefully it helps out.

9DCB9A73-6753-4EBA-84A1-CD652757C072 (resized).jpeg

D0D40D8B-41A8-48B4-ADAA-3A627B759324 (resized).jpeg

545CEE7A-0863-4B76-A725-29AB02B499DA (resized).jpeg

AE5E61E2-41E9-409B-ABFC-4E88430E9180 (resized).jpeg

#6979 1 year ago

Thanks Onlyest for the info. And yes this is from my CV which currently has PF being swapped so certainly explains the differences!

2 weeks later
#7110 1 year ago

Just another comment to Mr Tantrum’s point, i get the diverter error on occasion if I get enough balls that head up the ramp but not enough speed to hit the ramp optos. Seems more prevalent when non pinheads come to play as there shots aren’t as accurate.

#7121 1 year ago

If I had a bigger game room I’d hook up an original to mine. I have a 40” in my garage with the sequencer. They’re not that expensive.

A8365CD3-0D90-494A-88E1-64DBF590DA5D (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#7548 1 year ago

Anyone need a cover, ramp or shifter? Cleaning out old parts.

IMG_8055 (resized).JPGIMG_8054 (resized).JPGIMG_8053 (resized).JPGIMG_8046 (resized).JPG

Added 19 months ago: Cover is sold. Still have shifter and weldment.

9 months later
#8882 10 months ago

That switch can be finicky. The switch only knows when the ramp is up (or down; forget which the switch actually is) so if the switch tests ok when you have the playfield up, the weight of ramp can be lower when playfield is down. So may take some fiddling to get it right. Short of that, make sure wires are still connected, diode is present, or can be that the switch is needing to be replaced.

1 week later
#8917 9 months ago

FYI to anyone that may have a similar issue: I had lost the rev feature when ball was in the shooter lane and hitting a flipper to rev the RPM lights. Sure enough quick testing found I had two flaky switches in the right outer loop. And that's why you should always replace all your switches when doing playfield swaps! FWIW, they had worked fine for a good 2+ years after the swap.

2 weeks later
#8949 9 months ago

Here's a few from playfield swap (before shots) as I only have those pics here. Here's my thread with the swap if it helps: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap/page/2#post-3240783

DSCN3267 (resized).JPGDSCN3268 (resized).JPGDSCN3283 (resized).JPGDSCN3290 (resized).JPGDSCN3291 (resized).JPGDSCN3302 (resized).JPGDSCN3308 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmacy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside