• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider da_topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 10 years ago

One cool difference on L5 no one has mentioned or knows, is that you can add additional time to the 4th gear Supercharger mode. While in 4th gear Supercharger mode, every shot to the Supercharger will add time to the countdown timer. 1st shot will add 3 seconds, 2nd shot will add 2 seconds, and the 3rd shot will add 1 second.

1 year later
#1023 8 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Forget it--answered my own question:
Color DMD for Getaway: http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-attack-from-mars-pinball-machine/
Video: » YouTube video
I'm in!

Thanks for posting the video. You could have at least gotten Red Line Mania ! Seems like the start of the 4th gear supercharger mode animation is missing graphics or colors. Also the Run the Red Light animation looks weird with the red on the outside and white stripe across. Other than that, it looks great!

2 months later
#1341 8 years ago
Quoted from reboot:

Just picked up a Getaway over the weekend. Must say it's a damn fun game! I have quite a clean example of one but just noticed something on mine. I know mine is a first run but I seem to be missing the "RPM" decals but still have all the black key lines in tact.
Correct me if I am wrong but the RPM graphic would be silkscreened and the black key lines put over the top? I am guessing this was a factory mistake,and it does not bother me. Just want to know if anyone has more info.

20150921_203116.jpg 20150921_203122.jpg

You definitely have a sample game. Look on the front of your cabinet to see if it has headlights printed on there also. What version software does your game have? A friend of mine has the very first sample game that I played when it was on test that used to have the key to start up the game.

2 weeks later
#1489 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'll be posted an official for sale ad on pinside tomorrow.
I won't be able to ship the 1st orders until my shipping envelopes arrive.
After the 1st orders, I'll ship all following orders one day a week....(I really hate running to the post office on each individual order).

Are you coming to Expo? Bring some there to purchase, no envelopes needed!

2 months later
#1703 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

I wanted the most light output while keeping the High Speed series specific caps so I went Evo Brite caps. They have 34+ LED's, are dimable and can be reactive.
IMG_2959_(resized).JPG
bc_evo-4_(resized).jpg
Anyone else sometimes feel like they should keep their mods on the DL so a bunch of people don't copy your unique one of a kind perhaps pin should you go to sell? IDK, when I mod my vehicles I don't usually go on the forums and show them off so people wont copy but that was in the past I don't seem to be that way with pinball, I probably should be though, because I have aspirations of doing some sort of modding/restoration online content review, but I don't know how I want to approach it just yet.

What brand LEDs are you using in your game? Did you add LEDs under the mountain or factory mountain plastic? I don't mind sharing car mods on my C5 when I go to shows or on the forum in the past. Your game looks great!

#1704 8 years ago
#1705 8 years ago
3 months later
#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Here is a pic of mine

image_(resized).jpg

Where did you get the cool instruction cards from?

1 month later
#2514 7 years ago

That shooter cover looks great! Where did you get the instructions cards from? Both of your flippers need adjustment. They needed to be lowered a bit. Thanks again for making a list of the LEDs, just starting to led mine now.

1 week later
#2549 7 years ago

Take a pic with both flippers up and both flippers down. Maybe one of the flippers has the wrong linkage in it making it not come up as much as it should. Glad the adjustment made the game play better. The way the flippers were positioned before gave you no power for the outer shots. I just did the Evo bumpers with the yellow, green, and red Data East caps and it looks awesome on my game now!

#2577 7 years ago

My Getaway came from The Pinball Show in Arizona from 1992. It was the game that was given to the winner of the tourney. Played at their home only and I bought it in 1993. So I'm the 2nd owner. I don't remember ever changing the coils but I believe we did do the linkage. I have 15 loops on my game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2584 7 years ago

Slim is right how it counts. 42 loops is probably from the multiball bug that gives you 255 seconds of free ride. I would see games on location with that high of a loop total. Tiltmonster, your flippers look to high. It appears my left flipper can be lowered a little bit too.

4 weeks later
#2696 7 years ago

In the old p roms, you can't get rpm's off the speed millions inner loop shot. But you can get rpm's off the left ramp. Outer loops still give you rpm's too. Supercharger ramp value doesn't go up hitting the white kickback targets. Video mode is worth more at 50 mil versus about 27 mil in current roms. The supercharger 2 ball is worth a lot if you can keep that going. I believe super jackpot's are no different. It's harder to achieve a billion on Getaway than on WCS or DM. It just doesn't score as high as the other two games. I've had over 10 billion on the other 2 games and only 3 bil on Getaway for my high.

#2702 7 years ago

Thanks to Beatmaster! It was very difficult but we did it!

1 year later
#7783 6 years ago

VolunteerPin, beautiful looking Getaway. Would like to see a video of that little vid screen on the left in action. Also, your bottom flippers are not aligned correctly.

1 year later
#10296 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey guys. New to the club. I see a lot of talk about the different roms. Is there a list somewhere that tells the difference between them? I'll assume that when you first boot the game and it says L-1, that's the rom it's on?

Quoted from spblat:

L2 is preferred because it fixes bugs in L1 and keeps the “RUN THE RED LIGHT” animation. L5 fixes other bugs but doesn’t have that animation.
More: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/four-new-pinball-software-mods-dm-sttng-hs2-jy#post-4844959

There’s a L5 code update rom by Soren that fixes all the bugs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider da_topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=da_topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.