• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10716 3 years ago

Minor issue (if it’s an issue at all)...
When my multiball starts, I believe the balls are to be released from Donut Heaven one-by-one. Oftentimes, mine releases the first two balls at once...and sometimes even all three. What can be done to correct this? Seems my ball stop is staying down a split second too long. What causes the ball stop to pop back up?

#10719 3 years ago

Mr Tantrum / EStroh,
Thanks for the suggestions. I did replace all the coil sleeves 6 months ago, but I’ll doublecheck how smooth the movement is and try stiffening the spring.

It’s supposed to release the three balls sequentially. Do you think it operates on a timer, or is it reading the release of the three ball-lock switches. Unfortunately, I struggle reading the schematics in the manual. I’m wondering if the switches should be bent to either make more contact or less contact with the balls when they’re locked.

1 week later
#10722 3 years ago

My getaway lift ramp doesn’t have the flap at the base. I’m wondering how important this piece is.

Also (and maybe it’s related). If I catch the ball on the right flipper and hit a perfect shot around the ‘orbit’ when the ramp is down...the ball doesn’t make it up the ramp. Should it? The only ways to make that ramp are either: from the lower right flipper with a perfect shot when the ball already has momentum, or 2) from the upper right flipper.

I’m wondering if my flipper is weak?

#10724 3 years ago

So, the right flipper is obviously misaligned. In unflipped position, it is clearly too high. I always figured the misalignment would mess up the angles but wouldn’t necessarily affect ‘oomph’. Now that You mention it through, I think it could very well impact the power at that specific angle. Let me start with that, since that’s the easiest adjustment.

Flipper rebuild: I got the machine last January and it was dirty and beat up. I did change all coil sleeves, but mechanically I thought the flippers were otherwise in decent condition (but I’m definitely not the best judge).

The ramp is not bent but sits very close to flush with the Playfield. The ball seems to roll up the ramp fairly smoothly.

#10726 3 years ago

I now aligned the flippers to the holes. From a held ball on the right flipper, a clean shot to ramp makes it up with a little to spare. It’s a surprisingly big difference for maybe an 1/8 or 3/16” downward adjustment of the flipper. Thanks for the tip!

In first game after adjusting I was able to hit the jackpot from the lower right flipper during multiball. Yeah! Previously, I’d have to try and hit it from the upper flipper during multiball, which is a bit more challenging.

The left flipper assembly is a different (and shinier) mechanism than the right; it must have been replaced at some point. I’ll add a flipper rebuild to my project list. Now that I’m outta room and can’t buy any more pins, maybe I’ll get around to that list.

3 weeks later
#10728 3 years ago

My getaway didn’t have the rotating flash lamp assembly when I purchased it. I just received the assembly from tiltedpinball today. Does it mount from the top of the head box with screws going down, or does it mount to the underside, with the screws going up?

I don’t have the red beacon cover yet. Ordered one from pinball inc today.

#10730 3 years ago

DaveH
Perfect- thank you.

5 months later
#10931 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement up/down ramp assembly A-15101?
The pivot weld assembly A-15081 and the ramp flap 01-10478 by themselves would work for me too.

#10934 3 years ago

I got the ones from classicarcades off eBay.
ebay.com link: Getaway Pinball Machine CABINET Decal Set

A bit pricey, but smooth transaction, quick delivery, and good quality.

#10938 3 years ago

Mine just has locknuts on the bolts.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10939 3 years ago
Quoted from THJM:

and a washer and locknut over the ramp screw

...yes, that’s what I have.

#10963 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My Red Light Mania bulb on the ramp entrance sign will come on dimly anytime the 2nd gear light on the playfield below it is on. Anyone else have this happen on their machine?

Is this with an LED? Are you using non-ghosting LEDs?

When I first started collecting, I didn’t know what ghosting was. I drove myself crazy looking for bad diodes. In the end, non-ghosting bulbs usually did the trick.

...although in my T2 the diode in the skull was wired incorrectly and causing all kinds of lighting problems.

#10976 3 years ago

So this ones been frustrating me lately. I’m not sure what’s changed to cause this:

There doesn’t seem to be enough travel between the ramp up and the ramp down positions. The pin that goes underneath the ramp can be adjusted slightly up and down on the activator arm. But, for some reason:
- if I set the pin so the ramp is high enough in the up position to let a ball go under, then it doesn’t go all the way down in the down position.
- if I set the pin so the ramp flap touches the playfield in the down position, then there’s not enough clearance for a ball when it’s in the up position.

The machine never had a ramp flap since I bought it. This issue was first noticed a couple of weeks ago without the flap. I since added the flap hoping that this would solve the problem, but it didn’t.

Anyone else ever experience this situation?

Its almost like the catch on the down ramp actuator is grabbing the actuating arm too low, but I’m not sure how/why this could happen.

I’m currently away from the machine until at least Wednesday evening...but I just can’t get this issue out of my head. Any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated.

1 week later
#11035 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thank you! So it looks like my issues are all in column 1 and rows 6, 7 and 8. Should I start with replacing those 4 transistors? I have a couple TIP102 transistors but I'll have to order a few extras and some TIP107 transistors. I haven't troubleshooted a lamp matrix issue like this before so this is new territory for me.

...okay, I’m probably less pinball smart than most of you...but wouldn’t it make sense to look at the diodes on the lamps first? For me, every lamp matrix issue I’ve had (which is a grand total of 2) has been a bad diode or improperly wired diode problem.

5 months later
#11442 2 years ago
Quoted from Seth1977:is this it?
[quoted image]

Well, mine doesn’t look like that. But when you google for 02-4268 all the hits suggest that’s the right part. I just have the wrong part in mine.

8 months later
#12081 2 years ago
Quoted from Premier:

Led melting I think there is short with one of the diods

I had melting bulbs in an insert on my NBAFB and the culprit was a transistor in backbox. Bottom right corner of power driver board. Check the voltage. I doubt that a bad diode would get high voltage to the bulb…I just think with a bad diode it lights when it’s not supposed to.

But…I’m still a fix-it newbie so if someone wants to correct me, probably better to listen to them!

Transistor or triac or…whatever. One of those 3-pronged things. …and for the record it was a super-easy fix, and I’m not one typically brave enough to mess with my power driver boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.