• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charger500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

496 posts in this topic match your search for posts by charger500. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3135 7 years ago

Help a potential first pin owner out, please. I have a lead on Getaway. I may be getting it this weekend, if the planets align. As a newbie, I'm apprehensive about the potential problems that can go wrong. The person I'm hoping to get it from looks to know what he's doing, and has taken care of this Getaway, and added numerous mods to it. Am I asking for headaches getting this? Do I need an electronics degree to figure out how to fix it? Ideally, it won't have any issues, but by the number of posts on this thread about problems, I am having doubts about buying this pin, or any pin at all, if I'm going to have to be troubleshooting it all the time. Thoughts? Thanks for the input.

#3138 7 years ago

This is the ad for it; https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/37974. It's over two hours away from me, so he won't be giving it a warranty. A local guy is warning me about warranties, saying don't get it if it's not covered for 6 months. And he says he will not work on it unless he sold it to me, so I can't get help from him. Another local guy has offered help if I get in trouble with it, and the forum here does seem to be very helpful. I can use a meter, and a soldering iron, and have both. I get that a 24 year old machine is bound to have issues. But if it's gonna have problems every other week, then I'm not sure I want the hassle. My motivation is to have a game room where my kids want to stay home and invite their friends over to play; you know, be the cool place to go. I knew a place like that when I was a teenager, and it was a cool thing. Thanks for the replies.

#3149 7 years ago

Getaway Club, if a number of things work, I'm joining the Getaway Club soon, (pending any extreme initiation practices). What I need to know is if it will fit in my Ford Flex to travel 2 hours home. I have plenty of width and depth, but I'm really close on height. I have 31 3/4" height clearance to clear the lift gate. I've been told it is 31" tall with the back cab folded down. Would someone be willing to verify the folded down height of a Getaway? If it doesn't fit, I'd have to make other transportation arrangements. Thanks for the help.

#3152 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

With backbox folded down and 1 piece of cardboard between it and the rails, 29.5" at the tallest point. You're good unless your new game has been eating too many jelly donuts.
I would suggest that once you get it loaded and gain some height, add some more cardboard.

Thanks. It will fit then. And as I understand it, it is 29" wide and 54" deep, which I am good with. Appreciate taking the measurements.

#3158 7 years ago

I'm another step closer to getting the Getaway. Wife is OK with it. That's a big one. (Got her a multicade PacMan last week). It's cool too. Seller sent me shop pics. Very clean and organized under and behind. And it looks like Matthew won't hit us bad. Could be a solo trip to get it but could likely get help unloading once back.

#3160 7 years ago

Y'all think 2 people can load it? I may have to drive solo. I have a carpeted moving dolly. Don't have a refrigerator hand truck tho.

#3165 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On another note, where is the pin going to reside: ground floor, basement, second story? I good trick for stairs is to put down a moving blanket on the stairs then set the pin on top. From here instead of pushing/pulling the pin, have one person pull the blanket while another stabilizes the pin. My pinhead neighbor helped me with this trick going up a turning stairwell, and it made life much easier. Apart from hiring two power lifters or roid juicers, not sure how I would have done it otherwise.

1st floor load out and 1st floor load in. 75' carry to my car on load out. I guess we take breaks along the way, since I'm a middle age white guy.

#3170 7 years ago

Just to followup; I got it. Hope to get it setup tomorrow once the rain stops. It's idling in the garage now waiting for the rain to stop. Makes sense to keep a Lamborghini in the garage.

#3183 7 years ago

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to running it

#3194 7 years ago

Newbie with three questions;
1) For piece of mind, I'm going to change out the 4 AA batteries on the back board. Should it be on or off when I change them? My understanding is that it should be on, so I don't loose settings, but I'm always fearful to do anything electrical when it's on, for fear of blowing something. And yes, it has been modded so that the battery pack is off the board.
2) And second question; I have an intermittent bulb on the playfield. It's LED, and most times is off, but sometimes on. I'm going to check it, with the game off, and see if reseating it will keep it on. I'll check the leads to see that it's making contact. Anything else to look for? Yes, I'll take the balls out first.
3) And last question; the lock to raise the playfield 90 degrees vertically up does not latch for some reason. I'm hesitant to start bending metal pieces to try and get it to latch. What could have happened and how can I get it to work again?
Thanks in advance. Loving this pin.

#3196 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

1 - on
2 - is it a bayonet or wedge style bulb?
3 - spring missing? i assume it's just one side.

1 - Thanks
2 - Wedge I believe. It's on the first left bank of targets, halfway up before the supercharger ramp.
3 - I have no clue. It will pivot up but not catch and lock on anything. I don't recall seeing a spring.

#3199 7 years ago

1) done and saved
2) swapped bayonet bulbs with the #2 target bulb and same result. #3 socket is out.
3) I see a difference between tilt's and mine but can't see any combination of spring maneuver or hook hinge to make it work.
Pics attached. Thanks.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3205 7 years ago

I am meeting resistance, so I stopped

#3209 7 years ago

Yes. That's the LED. It works. Seems to be a cold solder joint. I may have to flow it again. It randomly comes on and off.

#3211 7 years ago

Thanks to y'all issue #3 is now resolved. The hinge had been jammed over the playfield rail edge. Pulling it off and lifting it up the correct way latched both sides in. Did it twice just to be sure. Issue #2 still persists. With the playfield in a comfortable vertical position I could get to it easier. Tried tweaking the socket pins but no luck. Don't have any spare sockets but I'll get some and try that. Thank you tilt, weaver, per3 and everyone else for the help.

#3215 7 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I won't do that until after this weekend. Bunch of my kid's friends over on Saturday. Getaway and the PacMan multicade should get some plays. And thanks for the compliments. I did absolutely nothing to make it look this nice except drive to Arlington and buy it from per3per3. He did all the work.

#3216 7 years ago

Just when I thought all was cool.

#3218 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think that pops up if you haven't multiball'd in awhile.

Oh OK. Show I just showed y'all that I need more practice. How long ago is 'awhile' cause I multi balled about 6 games ago

#3235 7 years ago

So, I'm only on page 13 of this thread so far. I have a long way to go. Interesting read so far. Y'all have been into Getaway for at least three years? Cool.

So, my next round of newbie questions is;

1) What basic tools should I have on hand? I have already purchased and used a multi-bit magnetic driver and LED headlamp. Any specific tools like switch adjuster, flipper gauge, inclinometer, Novus #1, #2 cleaner, wax? I also have a multimeter and a complete solder station.

2) What spare parts should I have on hand; bulbs, sockets, fuses.

3) Balls; Which ones and where to get them?

I'd like to have a supply of simple stuff on hand for when something happens. Thanks again.

And I tried to add a comment to an old thread about what to do with old balls, but since I'm an Apprentice, I couldn't revive the thread. My idea was to make a Newton's Cradle.

#3242 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Below are my 2 cents, realizing that I am one of the newer Getaway owners in this thread (a little over 6 months or so). This forum will prove to be a great friend to you with all sorts of mod ideas, break-fix support, and general fun centered around the Getaway.
---
3) Balls; Which ones and where to get them?
A) Purchased mine (and a ton of other stuff) from pinballlife.com (I found to be the most affordable overall of the suppliers, but they don't carry everything). You want the shiniest ones you can get (shinier equals smoother finish), and they offer their Premium Ultra-Gloss ones for $1.50 each.

Can't find balls on http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=49&pg=1. Not selling them for some reason.
And since Getaway uses magnets in the Supercharger, don't you need ones that are resistant to being magnetized? Read something about that in my searches.

#3253 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

IMO the BEST is the Sears digital level, I love mine. About $30 I believe. Don't even think about a mechanical one.

There's an app for that. I have 14* on the glass. If the playfield is that steep it's no wonder I can't make it up the supercharger ramp.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#3254 7 years ago

Super shiny or standard shiny? I'm thinking super. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57
But this warning about them becoming magnetized in games that use magnets. Isn't that possible with any pinball?

#3258 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm, on the glass back it off to 13.2 then see what it says on the pf. Bring the front legs all the way down and see what it is then adjust the back legs (if needed) to get 13.2.

Thanks for the tip. Will do. This app does not get that granular to tenths of a degree. It only goes in one degree increments. Until I get the Sears level, this what I'll have to use.

#3259 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Super shiny or standard shiny? I'm thinking super. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57
But this warning about them becoming magnetized in games that use magnets. Isn't that possible with any pinball?

Just placed an order with Titan for (6) Super Shinies, and also a sample Novus #1,#2, and #3 pack, and (3) red standard Competition flipper rings while I was at it.

#3265 7 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi guys.
I am currently in the middle of repairing my HS2. Does anyone have any experience with lowering raised inserts on the tachometer and the loops? There are a couple of methods and guides around but I wanted to know if anything worked particularly well for the Getaway.
Also, does anyone know the part number for the screws used to secure the pop bumper bodies to the playfield? They definitely look like the wrong type on mine!
Thanks in advance

Quoted from urbanledge:

Not specific to getaway but I used the hair dryer method on my white water.
It was the first time I had tried lowering an insert and i was nervous but it was easy

I have the same issue. One of the tach inserts is raised to the point where it diverts the ball. Afraid to just try and press it down for fear of breaking it. Does the hair dryer trick work?

#3272 7 years ago

I'm up to page #22 of this thread. A third of the way to catching up!

#3283 7 years ago

Got my Super Shineys. They're nice. Washed and waxed them before loading them in. A side by side comparison shows the difference between old and new. Saved the 2nd set in a Food Saver bag to keep them shiny.

#3285 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

mmm... Crown Royal, sorry, what was I looking at again?

A decent whiskey and the bags make good temporary ball holders when servicing. I do really like the Crown Rye.

#3286 7 years ago

So The Getaway got some action Saturday night. 35 teenagers over for a party. It performed very well. But today not so good. I first noticed issues when the Supercharger ramp would light up but not divert the ball in. Doing a divertor test shows that it does indeed work but not in game play. A total of 4 errors came up tonight;
Check switch 74 top lock,
Check switch 75 mid lock,
Check switch 84 enter left ramp,
Divertor error
I have some fiddling to do. I guess first I'll reseat the switches if I can find them and see if that clears the issues. Suggestions appreciated.

#3288 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Insert pin"ball" joke here.

It is hard to keep a straight face while talking about how shiny my balls are.

#3294 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

.......A total of 4 errors came up tonight;
Check switch 74 top lock,
Check switch 75 mid lock,
Check switch 84 enter left ramp,
Divertor error
I have some fiddling to do. I guess first I'll reseat the switches if I can find them and see if that clears the issues. Suggestions appreciated.

Did a diverter test and it opens and closes. Did a supercharger test. It's running around 110. Diverter stays closed all the time even when conditions are met and supercharger lights turns on. Still lost here. Thanks for the help.

#3298 7 years ago

Pacman11,
Looks brand new. Very nice work!

#3299 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Did a diverter test and it opens and closes. Did a supercharger test. It's running around 110. Diverter stays closed all the time even when conditions are met and supercharger lights turns on. Still lost here. Thanks for the help.

Through some more looking around my best guess is either the opto on the entrance ramp or the opto in the supercharger loop on the right. Found this thread that brought some insight; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-diverteropto-problem#post-2825408. so I'll find the opto number and check it by blocking it during a switch levels test, I think, and see if one of them isn't registering. Will try reseating the connector or reflow the solder points.

Pardon me talking this through here. Trying to get this car back on the road.

#3301 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

You can run the opto tests from the menu... you can turn each one on or off from there.

OK. Thanks. So I need to check those individual optos, and the switches that they correspond to?

#3308 7 years ago

I looked into it today. I think it's the Diverter Lo switch and the enter left ramp to the supercharger switch. Decided to punt and call The Pinball Doctor, Chuck English. He's gonna look at it next week. If I can figure it out before then, I'll call him off, but until I have some more experience under my belt repairing this I have to bite the bullet. Maybe Chuck will give me some tips. I'm defineately looking over his shoulder and asking questions. He says he's been fixing pinballs for 50 years. I bet he knows something after all that time.

#3311 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Aside from showing an error on start up, what's going on? Is something not working? I haven't had the time to look into your issues other than the top lock-mid lock stuff so if it's just throwing an error but playing ok it may not be that big of a deal... (i.e. top lock 74 mid lock 75 errors). On an unrelated note, you can get a shifter error that doesn't show a fix but it's only that the shifter hasn't been used in one direction for a certain period of time. So some of these errors are nothing but that's not to say you shouldn't try to figure out what's going on with your machine.
Whatever you decide to do is up to you but if you pay someone to come over and fix the pin, watch everything he does, it will make you feel much better about digging into the game yourself. Trust me, in a short period of time you'll be very capable of handling the pin on your own.

Thanks monster. The ramp error is the opto that is on the ramp to the supercharger. The diverter issue is a big deal cause the ball never goes in the supercharger even though it's lit. It always exits down the left wire loop. I did both supercharger tests and tested the sc optics individually also. All good. The diverter gate will pen for the test and run the balls. Maybe it's just an adjustment on both of the issues, I'm just not seeing it. I know there is an answer and it will work again. It's just not in my wheelhouse yet since I so new at this.

#3328 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

One more decal in the bag. This time it is a themed decal for the ramp support (middle target cover just below pop bumpers). As always, you may download artwork at http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball and do with it whatever you like (except sell it, please).

These look great. Since I am having my glass off a lot lately, I think I'll try a few of these. Dumb question; what specifically do you print on to make the images a sticker? I've never seen blank sticker sheets that are printable. Where would I find this material!

#3332 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've now created a "dirtbag" version of the decal. Please redownload and the file from my site to acquire.
FYI, I tried to more closely model my text format after other plastics on the table.

Cool! Looks better than the original text. Having trouble accessing your site (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball). It's down for some reason. Nice work on the graphics!

#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, no worries we were all there at one time too. I'm not too familiar with these issues so I'll have to do some leg work but I'm wondering what settings you have on for the diverter, I'd check to see if you have it set correctly...
check in menu.
A2 Feature adjustment
15. Diverter Broken: on or off ---> you want off
Exit menu and restart the pin
To test this take the glass off. Start a game and then launch the ball pick it up and roll it into the super charger, did that fix it?

Thanks Monster, I'll try that.

The frustration I'm having with these issues is like when a cat tries to bury a turd on a tile floor.

#3347 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Been stuck on a long boring conference call, so was Photoshop doodling. Here is what I have for you so far. Don't get too nit-picky as my intention is not to create an exact replica but a close resemblance. FYI, I am really having a hard time making out any detail of what those police cars should look like. If I am able to come up with something for the police cars, what do you want the 3 license plates to have on them?

My $.02; two of them should have these license plates. Hard to tell what the plate on the third car reads.

#3349 7 years ago

On a different subject, (to stop me from thinking about my diverter issue), I like the Mars lamp but I think it would have been better with a smaller version of a light bar. Matches the time frame of the cop cars better.

#3354 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

............ I'm still looking for my 3rd pin to complete my collection but I like to fix them as much as I like to play them.

I've got one that you could enjoy fixing!!

#3360 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Did you look at the settings in the menu?
If that did not fix it please post a few picture so we can look them over.

I had to mow the yard last night, so I didn't open it up to test. Plan to look at again tonight. Picked up some 91% iso. alcohol to clean the optos.

I read somewhere on here that the optos should look clear and an aged one has yellowed and looks like a popcorn kernel. I think the entrance ramp to the sc is like that.

Also after some looking around it seems like everyone is getting 80s on the sc test, and I'm around 110. I need to wax to improve speed, and I'll look at opening up the sc and cleaning the optos there to try and get some more speed. It was BlackRose videos where I saw that he was getting high speeds in the sc. Maybe I should change out all the optos, even if they are working,

#3361 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, that's a fair price and only an hour drive

I paid $2,600 and it was a two hour drive; in the rain. So yea sounds like a deal to me. Mine was marginally shopped, and does have a full LED kit, if that adds to it's value. The cabinet is somewhat faded; the reds are kind of pink now. Otherwise it's in pretty good shape, except for a flaky lamp, and my dreaded diverter issues.

#3362 7 years ago

I am hoping I don't have to take the sc off to get to my diverter issue, (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-supercharger-removal-tutorial). Looks like a long process, but it could be the problem. It will open for the sc test and stay open for the test, but will not open during game play.

#3370 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Then the diverter itself is not the problem. It is a switch/opto problem... Which is not to say that a switch/opto is bad, it can be a logic or switch matrix problem. Have you done a RAM-clear on it? unplug from the wall, take out a battery, let sit for 10 mins, put battery back in and plug in, you will lose your settings and high scores, but this can resolve issues that cause your game to act nutty.

OK. Info I didn't know. Will try that.

Wait, I thought you left...

Quoted from TheOnlyest::::sigh:::... i'm out...

#3372 7 years ago

Tantrum, to my eye, it should be this font, but that's me. It's cool either way. I've got the DH plastic building so you do what you want. All neat stuff.

#3391 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

In case you missed my light bar mod. It's a Federal Streethawk. I like it. Better might be to remove the stock beacon and mount the light bar centered on the Getaway. But I didn't want to do that. And my BK2K doesn't seem to mind holding up that end of the light bar. I used a bridge rectifier to convert the 18v a/c that powers the beacon to d/c. Then I used a 12v solenoid to energize a 120v receptacle and thereby turn on the battery charger that powers the light bar. Been working this way for many years.
» YouTube video

Yea that's a bit brighter!

#3392 7 years ago

Now I did it. Did the factory reset like Onlyest suggested. Cleared every issue except the diverter error. But now it wants quarters. How do I set it to free play?

#3396 7 years ago

Found free play. Yes diverter broken was already set to off.

#3398 7 years ago

Yes it does work in test mode. Supercharger opens up and runs all three balls around 110. Not super fast but it does work. Diverter will open for the test then close for everything else so there must be a divertor high setting and a diverter low setting. And one of those two is out of whack.

#3404 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

When the supercharger is lit during play, the diverted will go left when the opto (about halfway up the ramp) is triggered. The opto inside the supercharger loop has nothing to do with the the diverter going left, only releasing back to the right (home position) after so many laps. If test mode is registering the speed, that opto is working. Focus on the ramp entrance opto... If its not the opto itself, its a wiring or switch matrix problem. But FIRST, you need to use switch test and stick something solid (like your finger) in the opto path and see if it registers!!

Thanks for the clarification, Only. I'll look at that.

#3406 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Bottom line, at least in my experience, old opto's go bad. As previously mentioned, within the last 6 months I have replaced the 3 sets in my supercharger due to them failing in SC test at different times, but my other two ramp pairs are fine and pass switch test every time. Funny thing is that when I received my new ones, I thought something was wrong. One was clear (emitter) and the other was black (receiver). The original optos in my pin where all black. I don't know if this is how they were back in the day, or if the transmitter turned black over the years resulting in failure. BTW, you can buy these in various configurations, but I just bought pairs from pinballlife.com with the LED already mounted to a PCB Board. Each opto requires two solder spots, and it might be worth it to inspect all your optos and replace if you are having issue with a pair or two (they are fairly cheap at $4 a pair, so for $20 you can replace all of them on the pin).

Thanks, Tantrum. You, Tilt, and Only are sending down the same rabbit hole to find the problem. Y'all have been a big help to this newbie. I got so frustrated last night cause I thought I was onto something solving this issue, and then the forum locked me out for trying to post more than 5 comments in one hour, since I am a newbie. I'm ready to get past this newbie status so I can comment on old threads and post when I need to.

#3411 7 years ago

So in the manual, section 2-39, is item #10 the opto board for the entrance ramp, 3 super chargers, and made loop optos?

#3430 7 years ago

If the ramp opto is bad, which I suspect, my guess is it would throw the diverter error? Even though the supercharger test works. I guess I also need to do a diverter test. I did it one other time, where everything went off in sequence; knock, lock ramp, flippers, kickback. I think I need to find that test again.

#3437 7 years ago

I'll do the switch edge test again and a DC test just to see again. Ordered 6 sets of optos from pl and threw in a collapsible PinGulp cause I need a drink.

#3441 7 years ago

OK. Did some cleaning and tests. Have two problems for sure; entrance ramp opto seems dead. Ordered from Pinball Life. And the solenoid test shows that the Diverter Lo test does nothing. The diverter hi test opens the supercharger ramp. So now what do I need to do to fix the diverter lo? It's essentially a flipper coil right, and it's under the supercharger ramp and above the playfield?

And I did another supercharger speed test and now the ball will travel about 15 times but hits the top left inside ramp where it opens at the diverter ramp. So that's issue 3 I guess. Speed is around 95 - 100. (Part 2 of this coming soon)

#3442 7 years ago

So since I had it open o decided to do some cleaning and waxing. Cleaned and waxed lol the stainless ramps. Took off the mountain mod to get in tighter to the ramp. Cleaned in the back of the playfield; around the loops as far as I could go; behind the poppers. In and around where I could reach. So put it all back together and decided I like it better without the mountain mod. I think I want to sell it. Like the more open look and can see ball travel better. Pics attached. What to with the non working diverter lo issue? And the ramp opto seems to line up now.

#3445 7 years ago

Seems to hit on the inside and not the flap itself. Will go around hitting the inside corner right before it goes in again. (I'm on post 3 in an hour. I only have two more in this hour before I get shut out)

#3455 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Same exact thing I had to do. Makes the game much more enjoyable when it works right. Be sure to check out my LED guide. Will save you time and cash doing your own custom LED conversion instead of buying a pre-packaged set.

And where might someone find this custom LED guide? Bring the link!

#3461 7 years ago

This seems like another concern. The list is getting longer. Shouldn't the plunger line up with the ball. Can't figure how to adjust it. And also looks like I need new plunger rubber, right?

#3466 7 years ago

Did more cleaning around the playfield this morning and put on 3 new Titan flipper rubbers. Didn't think they would fit.

#3472 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Your photo looks very close to how my plunger is aligned (photo earlier in this topic). It doesn't matter as long as the ball is easily launched around the full loop.

It gets around but it's not speeding by any means. More of a cruise.

#3476 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Thank you! You know me Stang, everything in moderation.. lol!
The only thing I'm thinking of is that new light up panel but without the led speaker lights. I'm waiting for you to get yours installed and review it first

I don't believe I've had a tour of yours. Care to show what the rest of us have to strive to achieve? I'm only up to page 31 of this thread. Pics or a link please. Mine has LEDs and some extras, but nowhere near the bling that some of y'all have.

#3480 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I think I want to sell it. Like the more open look and can see ball travel better.

The mountain mod has been sold and is going to a good home. I'm keeping the Donut Heaven building mod. I like it. Thanks for looking.

#3482 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dan and I have been talking, I'm a sounding board of his but I can't tell you any more sorry. He knows I want one so I "might" get one of the first ones, fingers crossed for this. He hasn't told me when they will be available, when I know you guys will know. Until then keep saving your pennies cuz this mod will blow you away for this game.

If it's a mod that goes to the fridge and gets me a beer so I don't have to stop playing to get it myself, I want one too!

#3485 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah I'll bet you had a few pm's about it, it's a very rare mod.

It's going to someone you know.

#3486 7 years ago

I just noticed; I got member status. I'm not a Newbie anymore!

#3490 7 years ago

Am I crazy to be looking at another pin already? Do I want more headaches? Am I addicted? Is there a 12 step program? I found an ad for a Judge Dredd near me on craigslist? I like the artwork on it and it seems like an OK game? richmond.craigslist.org link

#3498 7 years ago

I'm half way caught up on this thread. Wow, what a journey so far y'all have been on. I'm up to Christmas last year and seeing all the presents ya got.

#3501 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfreak:

These are the mods I made for my Getaway HSII >>>> » YouTube video

My MIL has an actual traffic light like this. It's in Cleveland and its big and heavy. Tough time getting it down here. Would be a sweet mod. Have the light change for what mode the game is in.

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What do people think of tower flashers under the domes? I like the flat flashers best, they light the dome from the bottom up with a nice even light, no hot spotting.

I'm having trouble picturing where when you say "under the domes". I'm not up on the terminology yet

#3525 7 years ago

Looks good SuperPin. That's a clean one. I thought mine was a clean example until I really looked close at it. I'm cleaning and waxing and still find something dirty every time I look.

#3534 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The 3 red flasher domes on the chrome supercharger plastic.

Ok. I have a LED strip under there. It lights the poppers.

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Looking for the bracket over the accelerator ramp assembly. ( Where the hairpin sticker would go) I think I could make it if I had some close up pictures of the part. Thanks

I don't know the exact part name, but here is a good place to start; http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/257 for a better pic.

I took a pic. That's a hard one to get at 7am. Here's the best shot I could take without taking the supercharger cover off.

#3542 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Mr Tantrum had it on his website but was asked my mezel Mods to remove it.

Wish I had downloaded it before he took it down. I think his is better.

#3570 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Vinyl would probably be best, but haven't researched this. I really don't have a desire to sell them or be in the decal printing and distribution business, but would not be opposed if someone else wanted to have a few printed and then share them at cost with others.
I just wanted to do some customizations on my pin, and figured if I had already done the graphics work then why not share with others who may want to do the same.

Let me Google that for you. "DIY Vinyl Decals"; first hit in the shop by Google; https://www.walmart.com/ip/10285214?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228000010367&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40939512632&wl4=pla-78876057872&wl5=9008421&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=10285214&wl13=&veh=sem

For $20, it's worth a shot.

#3574 7 years ago

Some morning ball; testing my new collapsible PinGulp.

#3579 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have those on most of my games, it's nice to have them fold up and out of the way when you have to stand on the side of the game to work on it.

Yes, and I've been working on the left side alot over the past two weeks, but this morning was a test and the results were good. Replaced the entrance ramp tx and rx optos and it works now. Diverter opens to let the ball in the supercharger. Coffee will not be the next beverage to go in the PinGulp. I'll be drinking and driving this weekend!

Now I want to figure out how to get some more speed out of the supercharger. It lopes around but I've seen video of ones that go alot faster.

Big shout out to The Onlyest for lots of help over PM to get me through this. Also tiltmonster gave me some good tips and where to check. Appreciate the help from all of you here. Very thankful.

#3583 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Good news! What are the speed test results?

I'll do a speed test again, but before the opto issues it was around 110. And I'm assuming 110 means the number of milliseconds between each made loop pass, since a lower number means faster?

#3585 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

See, sometimes people here do know what they are talking about! In all seriousness, glad it ended up being what we thought, and not something more costly/complicated. Now you can get on with Redline Mania!

I looked back, and I see I started having this issue 10 days ago. Seems like a lifetime already. I have tools all over the game room. Wife has been patient with me. She likes a neat house.

Call me lame but I haven't been to RM yet.

#3601 7 years ago

So my supercharger issue. The balls runs around like normal but at like every 8th rotation it gets caught at the opening on the inside top left. See pic pointing at where it hits. And now also when done looping, the diverter closes too early and the ball hits it and sends it back down the entrance ramp instead of going through the "hair pin" turn. Yes it was normal before I started having issues with the opto. Yes, I did mess with it some; but all I did was clean the magnet optos and made loop opto with alcohol and q tips and wax the stainless ramp. I know, why did you mess with it if it was working.b as far as speed goes, I am getting 90s, so speed is OK. I have new optos for the other 4 optos. Not sure if I should swap them out or not if that would make a difference.

#3606 7 years ago

And what kind of Mustang is it? Tell me something late 60's big block.

#3612 7 years ago

I just finished doing that. Hit it with alcohol and wiped it down. Can't do any more testing tonight. The Mustang is very nice. I can see that are a few mods on it. Had to flare the fenders to fit those big meats under there. Love those pictures. I have a 2008 Charger R/T. It's hot enough stock to get me in trouble.

#3625 7 years ago

So I'm trying to get better at pinball. I essentially had access to a single EM machine in the 70's, and then limited access to ss machines in the 80's, when I would go to the mall. Grew up in a small town. After say 1981, when I got my driver's license, I had other things on my mind besides pinball! Told you I was a noob. I got tips from watching these videos; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj1kypAWfgD1CXGldaJQnvhvLA17b6c2v. So I want to be able to Nudge, but the Getaway front legs are on carpet. The back legs are on hardwood floor with cushioned glides under them. It won't nudge easily. What are under your legs to help you nudge? (That sounds funny when I read it back.)

#3627 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

When I got my Gateway, the ball was always clipping the inside diverter...so much so that it actually put a big dent on the edge. It was just a matter of timing. I cleaned all of my optos, and now everything is timed perfect. I would look there first....either clean them again or replace them.

I have new optos, but why would replacing them make a difference? They either work or they don't. I've learned my lesson not to fudge with something that's working on these machines.

#3635 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where's your donut holder . . . on the other side?

You mean for the donuts from Donut Heaven? I always eat them in the Lambo, so no need for a holder.

#3636 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

It looks like I'm missing this same bracket. I couldn't find it on Bay Area's website? Did you have to call them?
Question for anyone on this piece....does it serve any purpose? I can't seem to see what it would be doing on the playfield.

It is supposed to keep a jumping ball from dropping into the bottom of the cabinet, I believe. Not sure how one would get up there in the first place, but that is how I understand it. To me, it's just a place for a "Hair Pin" sticker.

#3646 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

Oops...I'm sorry I totally missed that. Appreciate the help

Not me. I already had one. Kdunbar from post #3638 had an extra.

#3650 7 years ago

So where it is now. Did a full reset; unplugged and took the batteries out for 30 minutes. Cleaned the wax off with alcohol and microfiber cloths. I'd say 45% of time it works as it should; diverting to the hairpin turn. 45% of time it closes too early, hitting the diverter and rolling back down the entrance ramp; and 10% of the time somehow closing to send it to the opening over the poppers. Speed it OK now, fast as is to be expected. Pretty sure all optos and magnets work. Just some sort of timing issue. Diverter seems fine. Will snap open and closed.

#3652 7 years ago

Pretty sharp there, Mr. T!

#3653 7 years ago

Another newbie question; I reset the high scores to 00 on all 4 places so that high scores reset, but the grand champion default score is still there. Not sure how to rest grand champion score. The loops high score is there to but I'm not worried about that.

#3656 7 years ago

I did that but he grand champion is stil DWF at 200,000,000

#3666 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You had to have missed something.

Y'all were right. I must have done something else after I did the reset. Worked this time. Side note, the lowest minimum score is this; only interaction I did for the game was to launch the balls. And; slate 3 of the my custom message...

#3667 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So I'm trying to get better at pinball. I essentially had access to a single EM machine in the 70's, and then limited access to ss machines in the 80's, when I would go to the mall. Grew up in a small town. After say 1981, when I got my driver's license, I had other things on my mind besides pinball! Told you I was a noob. I got tips from watching these videos; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj1kypAWfgD1CXGldaJQnvhvLA17b6c2v. So I want to be able to Nudge, but the Getaway front legs are on carpet. The back legs are on hardwood floor with cushioned glides under them. It won't nudge easily. What are under your legs to help you nudge? (That sounds funny when I read it back.)

..bump..Happy Sunday to everyone! I need to hydrate. Went to a costume Halloween party last night. Thanks to Ibuprofin, I'm feeling OK this morning.

#3669 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you need to score some points, dog.

Weaver, I'm not much better than that even when I use the flippers

#3673 7 years ago

Is there a way to test the Mars lamp besides in a game?

#3674 7 years ago

T, I can probably do that for you. I have a scanner at work. Would 600 dpi be good?

#3677 7 years ago

Ended up taking the glass off and and ran a really good game. I wanted to see what my LED bulb looked like. Borrowed it from my outdoor lamp post light. It's brighter.

#3681 7 years ago

Yea it's weird. Like the timing is off somehow. Diverter is not sure where the ball is, is what it seems. I'll shoot video but it has to be game Video not a test. Which is hard to play and then shoot it but I'll try

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, that would be fine. I just need to get exact outline of sign and hole size & placement. As usual, my plan would be to create my own custom decal and post on my download page for all to have if anyone else needs to make their own.

Mr. T, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to pull that sign off yesterday. I'll try and get to it soon. Now that I look at mine closer, I see it has a crack at a screw hole. Will try and keep it from spreading with some superglue.

#3685 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have an extra one of these for sale. Don't know if it is as bright as yours or how much yours costs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/64#post-3386275

The one I tried in there from my lamp post is 270 lumens, 30 LED, warm white 3000 K temperature. I found something like it, but inside a glass bulb. Will likely order it, and get some landscape lighting LED replacement bulbs at the same time, to save on shipping. I'm sorry, but I think this is the best way to go for me.

#3686 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You sure it's hitting the diverter and not something else? Things happen real fast. Mine was hitting the plastic cover over the turn around.

Jaws,
I believe now that you are correct. Did some Googling and found this; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-supercharger-diverter-issue. One of the solutions was that the ball was hitting the plastic cover on turn. Now, when I had the covers off and waxing, I did come across two felt spacers/washers, and another washer. When I put it all back together, since I wasn't sure where they came from, I left them out. I think now, that someone put them in at the diverter plastics area to solve the same issue. I'm going to put them back in or find some new ones and replace them and try again.

#3691 7 years ago

I've seen that thread. I can just come out and say that I don't want to do that. Yes, I may be forced to, but not at this time. Not feeling it.

#3695 7 years ago

OK, just to keep this thread going, I have a look ahead project. This is after I resolve the diverter issue, mind you. I have some leftover LED strips from my bar cabinet lighting project. I want to use this to add some lights. I already have a strip in the drain and under the supercharger. They are on the general illumination circuit and are one of the three choices for lights in the "photo" mode in attract mode. I'm thinking under the two gauges above the flippers. What else needs some extra light? The hair pin turn looks dark. And the "Drive 65 by Donut Heaven is not lit. And I just noticed the Buck at the ball launch curve. Neat. I have these double spots by the gauges but I'm not sure I like them. They are kind of in the way to me. Maybe I could repurpose them elsewhere. Thoughts? Yes, I know I still have the 1 target like out. It's on and off at times.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#3700 7 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

did anyone do this ? if not I can do it in the morning.

I have not done this

#3709 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

moral of the thread?

Pinball machine are finicky.

#3711 7 years ago

I put the rubber spacers back in to raise the plastics in hope that the ball will clear and run properly. This was the easiest try. Will see when I can run a test. One thick rubber washer under the hairpin plastic and one under the front of the supercharger plastic. When doing so, I noticed that this piece of plastic that appears to be broken off and missing. Part number 13-1695. Can't seem to see what it looks like and if I should replace it.

#3712 7 years ago

Diverter Issue Update: As of right now, the diverter issue is solved. Played a few games; hit the supercharger in normal gameplay three times and it worked fine each time. No issue. My best guess is that the plastics needed raised up like they must have been before. For now, I'm closing this ticket and moving on to the next one.

So anyone know what 31-1695 is? Mine appears to be broken.

On deck, a new siren LED bulb coming.

Need to do some more playfield cleaning and waxing, and replace various odd or missing screws and nuts.

Feels good to have it ruining at full speed again. Hated having it at the mechanic's garage for so long. Hopefully, it will stay on the road for awhile.

Let's go Indians!

#3715 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Well after all this time I finally decided to get around to doing the "Mustang Paul" tach light mod, props to Stang because I saw his thread 1st... I made one minor adjustment and used the extra 4 led star post lights I had lying around for the up lighting, seemed logical to me because they are the same shape so why not give it a try.

Calling tiltmonster; Back on page #48, post #2376, you did the gauge lightup. I'm ready to do this. What and how, please. I assume it's on the general illumination circuit. Don't want to screw this up and make it all worse by futzing with it, so I will probably need a hand hold through this project. Thanks as always.

#3724 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup it's SUPER easy Charger, don't worry. Just make sure you have the game turned off when you clip the wires on, + to + and - to - . Once clipped on then power up the game.

Right. Super easy, until I fry a board. Excuse my ignorance here. Assume I have no experience with circuit board electronics. First I need to find the gi board. Someone told me when I was looking at pins that I should not buy one that has been hacked. No offense, but adding alligator (or we used to call them roach) clips to a board sounds like a hack. I'd rather solder or make a butt splice crimp and a more permanent solution. Tell me I'm wrong, but explain why. I have 18 gauge 2 conductor shielded cable I can use. I guess first I need to look in the manual for where even the gi board is. Someone told me, if it works, don't mess with it. I won't jump into this until I'm confident I can successfully complete it. This may all sound elementary to you, but I'm still learning here. Thanks for the input, as always.

#3730 7 years ago

I have a taped up break in my power plug. Why not just replace it? And it's like 12 feet long. I could just put a new plug on before the break and still have enough cord to plug in. But I'll replace the whole thing. I suppose the lugs are screwed onto the transformer? I think I'll just get an extension cord and cut the end off and wire it up cause a molded plug looks better than a replacement plug. Just discovered this tonight. Hack job. Go Indians!

#3737 7 years ago

Why isn't anything easy? The cord runs all the way to the front and is hard wired into the power supply. Like I want to rip all that out. Not a simple plug in like a modern power supply. Maybe I will just add a new plug before the break.

#3739 7 years ago

Other stuff found inside; a chewed up rounded off nut, extra lamp socket, spare shifter sticker, switch matrix printout and switch troubleshooting printouts, and what looks to be a L1 ROM. Maybe I have an early production run game?

#3742 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

All Williams pins are wired that way until about 1994 when they eliminated the cord-well (stupid) so you cant safely stow the cord when moving the game around. Replacing the cord is not as hard as it looks, you'll just need a half-hour, a couple simple tools and a few wire nuts. And you just might learn something in the process! Please try to re-focus that this is a pinball machine that was built in 1992, not a PC. Obviously you have a newer ROM in your game, and that would be the original... Every machine came with L1.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. Yes I can do this. And I'll do the right thing and replace it all the way back to the power supply. You're right. No need to shortcut it at this point. I'm keeping this one for years. I might as well do it right.

#3746 7 years ago

Looks like you had soldering to do, Monster. Only says it's wire nuts inside the box. Maybe that's the difference between the US and EU version. I'm prepared for either. Bought a 15' 14 gauge extension cord this morning for the job. Will cut it to a reasonable length, leaving like 6' outside the cabinet after it's all done.

Grieving the Indians loss. The Browns are definitely not in it this season. Good series. First time I've watched the World Series in a long time.

#3755 7 years ago

Cool. Thanks all. That helps alot.
EDIT: Picked up some butt crimps (butt connectors) that will fit 14 guage wire. Ready to tackle this. Probably won't happen until tomorrow. I'll document it, so more newbies after me can see the process.

#3756 7 years ago

Will this cap and this collar fit as a replacement to the pop bumper cap? It seems too big, but the description says it is from mid 1980's Bally pins. I'm considering swapping to these, as I think they look like the taillight of a car. Part numbers are #03-8277-9 and #03-8276-9. Curious.

465e3a3a10f447d034d0683134a815d0 (resized).jpg465e3a3a10f447d034d0683134a815d0 (resized).jpg

8e5e235d1768e44938c9e92c72181a09 (resized).jpg8e5e235d1768e44938c9e92c72181a09 (resized).jpg

#3758 7 years ago

Crap. I thought I was onto something. Liked the look, as it looks like an automotive taillight. I'll keep looking.

How about Data East/Sega/Stern Pop Bumper Caps?

550-5057-xx (resized).jpg550-5057-xx (resized).jpg

#3760 7 years ago

OK. And those have the BrightCaps EVO kits under them, it looks like. Was considering one red and two blues. Not sure if to use color match or natural white bulbs under them. I was thinking of the Comet 6LED Crystal fan bulb under them.

#3763 7 years ago

You're right. Shipping is killing me. I have trouble being patient. I want it now.

#3767 7 years ago

Very nice. Better than new.

#3768 7 years ago

So I was driving, and this song comes on the radio, and I imagine how different the theme of Getaway would have been had they used this song instead of La Grange. The song was N.W.A.'s "F*ck The Police". Happy Friday, y'all !

#3775 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Getaway Club...
I'm in Northern Calif (East Bay Area / San Francisco). I'm looking for a Getaway.
Thanks
Kerry

Have you checked the market? There's one in San Jose. https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=207&query=Getaway%3A+High+Speed+II%2C+The

Also, put Getaway on your wish list. My previous Getaway owner actually seeked me out. He saw it on my wish list and found me.

Also check Craigslist.

I initially didn't want to travel to get mine, but realized quickly that I needed to, and travelled 2 hours to get mine.

Good luck. It's a great game.

#3776 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

There are some pretty loyal owners here, but I do hope you join the club soon!

True that. I'm not selling. Well, I take that back. Everyone has a price.

#3777 7 years ago

Busted power cord update: Finished it. Biggest challenge was fitting the 14 gauge cord through the 16 gauge cord keeper in the box. Had to trim it so the cord would fit. Cut like 4' off the 15' 14 gauge extension cord and still have plenty of slack. Will put a replacement plug on the cutoff piece for a new short extension cord. Used butt crimps, electrical tape, and wire ties. Added a wire tie inside the box to help secure the cord. And it still works, and is safer now. Thanks for the help getting me through this. Game time.

#3782 7 years ago

I thought I remember seeing you in the earlier pages, Kerry. I think people here could help you through the restoration of you went with the busted up one. Use the extra $ to fix it up right.

#3784 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Charger500... I'm restoring a DP DINER & (2) Bad Cats right now. I really don't want to take on another project, at this time.

Oh. Ok. I didn't see anything in your collection so I thought you didn't own any. Understand. You need a turnkey Getaway.

#3797 7 years ago

Good luck, Mr. T. I'm watching from here and learning.

#3811 7 years ago

Stupid question; if I put a flasher bulb in the pop bumper socket, will it flash on when hit? Thinking no without a rewire of the circuits. Thinking out loud but would like to see the pop bumpers light when hit instead of always on. Any way to do this? Curious.

#3831 7 years ago

Page #63; Post #3135. My first post. I finally caught up. Read through every post. Wow, what a long, strange trip. Can't believe it's been a month since I bought my Getaway. Y'all have been very helpful. Thank you so much, TheOnlyest , tiltmonster , MustangPaul , Mr_Tantrum , and all the other Speeders here. It's already been quite a ride, and I'm looking forward to more fun in the future.

#3840 7 years ago

SUPERBEE , I didn't think I would like the red in place of the chrome, but I gotta say, yours looks really cool. And to me, it makes sense, since the Lambo doesn't have any chrome on it. Looks good.

#3856 7 years ago

MustangPaul , does the strip light up when the ball is in the sc? Would be neat to me if that was the case. Sure it looks cool anyway. Also, I dig those red and blue pop caps. How do those look? What bulbs did you put under them? I'm just thinking of starting an easy mod first before getting any deeper, and the pop caps is where I plan to start, with the gauges a little later.

#3861 7 years ago

I heard the answer earlier, but just double checking. Will these fit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5035-22

EDIT: I just got an answer from Marco. They say no, they will not fit. Bummer. Like this grooved lens type look.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#3862 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...That's one reason we all have more then one game, one goes down we have more to play.

I was wondering how I was gonna break it to my wife that we needed another pin. "Honey, this one's broke, so I need another one so we don't have to stop playing."

#3880 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Waste of space??? Does this look like wasted space? With the bl carpet lit up it looks like the games are floating.

Super cool. Looks like a 90's pinball arcade in the Playboy mansion!

#3883 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I heard the answer earlier, but just double checking. Will these fit? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5035-22
EDIT: I just got an answer from Marco. They say no, they will not fit. Bummer. Like this grooved lens type look.

I thought someone on here said that Data East pop covers would fit. This is what I was looking for. Looks like tail lights to me.

#3887 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

EDIT #2. Got another email from Marco. He retracted his first statement. He thought I was referring to the deep caps. He said yes they will fit.
EDIT #3. Getting a fuse kit as spare parts. Anything else come to mind I should keep on hand. Want to save on shipping.

#3889 7 years ago

Didn't seem right to me either, but I thought the screw holes were closer is why he said no. I hope these look good. I want them to work cause to me they look like tail lights, to go with teh theme. Now need to get some bulbs for behind them. Not sure there either but will look at Comet.

#3897 7 years ago

That's real sharp SUPERBEE . I bet all your cars have cool pinstriping and graphics.

#3900 7 years ago

I can't find this answer. Are the flashers in the back box #906 wedge, or #555 wedge? I see 5 of them. On mine, 3 were replaced with 5 smd red towers, but 2 were left as incandescent flashers (the 2 in the center together behind the police cars. I want to change the incandescent ones out, and maybe even the tower ones out too to something forward flashing. I'm getting help from Comet, (but they aren't familiar with the game), but thought I would put a call out here as well. Thanks.

EDIT: I believe they are 12 volt #906 wedge flashers. And if so, I think I'll replace the 5 smd towers (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4s-1s.htm), and put in the more appropriate 8 smd (http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm)

Does this mean I'm running 6.3 volt flashers in a 12 volt flasher circuit? That can't be right.

#3902 7 years ago

Thanks for confirming tiltmonster . That's what Comet suggested also. I'm just gonna get all 5. What colors did you go with? I was thinking Nat. White for the top 3 across and a red and a blue for the 2 in the middle.

#3908 7 years ago

This is what the back box is now. Maybe the pic doesn't help. Everything in the back box looks ok. I'm sure it could be better. The flashers are the only thing I wanna change right now. Ryanwanger of Comet felt that the 4 Dmd post lights would like too bright. Need to back track on this thread and look at others before deciding. My goal there is to eliminate the double spots posted on the gauges and put under gauge lights there instead that I hope will also light the playfield some. I also want to brighten up some spots around the hairpin and also some around the right back corner too

#3910 7 years ago

Paul and Tilt confirmed they are #906. I'll look at Cointaker. Thanks

#3915 7 years ago

Cool end table grumpy712 . Cue MustangPaul to tell you it needs leg light ups .

#3929 7 years ago

Crickets around here.

#3931 7 years ago

Topic #1: What did you do for your Getaway today?
I ordered new pop bumper caps, PB bulbs, Backbox flashers, and gauge mod lights from Marco and Comet.

Topic #2: What are your custom settings?
Here are mine;
Getaway settings
L5 version
All factory settings except the following;

A.1
.15 special award; extra ball
.23 time and date
.24 show
.25 dim no
.28 yes
.29 off

A.2
.12 photo shoot on

A.3
.17 free play yes

A.4
.09 reset every OFF
.10 00
.11 00
.12 00
.13 00
.14 00

U.4 time and date
U.5 message; "LET'S OUTRUN THE COPS"

#3936 7 years ago

Question: Should the kickback plunger look like this, or is it missing a rubber tip? It doesn't always kick it to the eject hole.

#3939 7 years ago

Ok so it looks correct but doesn't function correctly. Is that just something I have to live with (just the nature of them), or is there an adjustment? Maybe it's just the physics of it (it depends on what angle and how fast the ball when into the kickout).

#3945 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The kickback doesn't have a set target or spot where the ball is "supposed" to go! It's a BALL SAVE feature. The strength and direction of the ball eject is directly related to the timing of the ball entering the outlane and hitting the switch, and the speed of the ball. If the ball slowly falls into the outlane, its going to get a softer plunge, if it blasts down there, its going to get a harder plunge.
There is no rhyme or reason to it... Does the kickback activate and save the ball from draining?? Then its works correctly!!
Charger, dude, please spend a LOT less time analyzing your game trying to find something wrong with it, and MORE time playing and enjoying it!!

Sage advice. Thank you!

#3949 7 years ago

So, it depends. OK. Just wanted to know if it was a definitive or a depends. Thank you. Just adds more to the game I guess. Reason I ask is because I'm trying to improve my game and want my machine to be the best it can be. Whatever I can do to make it run as close to 100%, then I want to know how I can get it there. Thanks.
EDIT: I mean that. It's hard to evoke emotion in a blog. Y'all have been so cool to help out. Love this machine and love this community. Let's get together for a beer and few games sometime.

#3952 7 years ago

Once I get this level, I'll check. Waiting for Sear's to restock. BTW, what angle do y'all like to run? I was thinking I'll level it to 6.8* at the flippers to start.

#3959 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dang, it's $48 on e-bay! I think I need more than one pinball machine before I spend this kind of money on a level.

But I'm worth it. But actually just waiting it out for Sear's to restock. They keep bumping back their stock date. It's $35 at your local Sear's.

#3963 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

If you have an iPhone, the "PinGuy" app works surprisingly well, you can level all 4 corners at once, and its free!

Cool. Looks highly accurate. Thanks for the tip. Will try it out. Should have figured there was an app for that. I have to use a bar stool to lift it onto to adjust the feet.

#3969 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

If you have an iPhone, the "PinGuy" app works surprisingly well, you can level all 4 corners at once, and its free!

Have some leveling to do. Not much.

#3970 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Have some leveling to do. Not much.

Dead nuts.

#3972 7 years ago

But I was .4 too high on the left side. Actually I just lowered the front and back left. I am getting kind of nuts about this game. I'm on Pinside like 10 times a day or more.

#3974 7 years ago

Sorry. I don't understand the Robin reference. Who's Robin?

#3980 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Sorry charger, Yeah, Robin is the man !!

I see now. He's a true pinhead for sure. Before six weeks ago, I never really considered owning a machine and now I'd like to have another. Just like real cars and trucks. Love to have more than one. There are so many cool vehicles and pins.

#3986 7 years ago

Another reason I love Getaway. I can drink and drive without endangering anything except my liver.

#3989 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I got home today with every intention of working on my first wrapping job, but to my surprise my replacement PDB had arrived. I spent most of the evening installing it as I had a couple of quirky issues. When it was all said & done, I had somehow accidently pulled a couple of wires out of their molex connectors in the replacement process, and it took me awhile to trace and reseat them.
All is right with the world again, and I have a 100% working Getaway! I'm going to have to try my hand at wrapping another day (maybe this weekend) but the red carbon vinyl looks really great to me (my plan is lockdown bar, side rails, and legs if I feel inspired). Somehow, I think if I get this done, then I may be finally driven enough to redo my faded cabinet artwork.
Also, found a legit buyer for my faulty PDB who will repair it, and put it to good use.

Busy beaver.

#3992 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mine is dead-on too. However, I must admit that it causes me a little anxiety while I am under the pin adjusting legs and that lady's voice keeps barking out numbers . . . in my head she is yelling out "you idiot" after each time she announces the imperfect measurements.

I took the phone off and lifted it and placed it on a stool to adjust the legs, then take the stool out and remeasure. It was too heavy for me to try and adjust it weighted down.

For your plunger issue, my guess is to start with voltage checks.

#4001 7 years ago

A little gameplay trick that happens once in awhile. After a ball plunger launch at a new ball, the Free Ride will be lit. I let it drain to run up the RPMs. I can usually get 2 Free Ride balls before it goes out. Enough to allow a Shift Gears light to the next gear. I will hold the left flipper up to allow it to drain easier and faster. On occasion, it will hit the right flipper, that I leave down, and will roll up the outlane to the lit Kickback. Kickback will take it right to the Burn Rubber Award on the Eject Hole. Nice unplanned shot that helps out. I need any ball save help I can get.

Edit: What gameplay or just pinball play tips can you share?
Edit: I use L-5.

#4002 7 years ago

4000 posts on this topic. Unreal thread going here.

#4003 7 years ago

After thinking about it for awhile, I think I'm going to remove, and attempt to sell the Mezel Mods Donut Heaven mod. The previous owner put it on, and I think I like it less cluttered there, and will put back the factory plate, but maybe with a Mr_Tantrum decal on it instead. It will be awhile before I get to this, but if someone is interested in getting it from me at a fair price, PM me. This is what is there now; https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-mods/products/getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-donut-heaven?variant=484985157

#4052 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well here it is all finished. I love the way it came out, and since I had a little vinyl left, I decided to trim the front edge of the backbox. Took me about 4 hours to do everything (including all the trips up and down the stairs and out to the garage). I also took the time to polish the leg bolt heads so they are nice and shiny. Finally, I wasted about 30 minutes when I dropped a nearly finished led in the concrete floor and it hit and bounced in such a way that the vinyl tore in several places along the edge.

Looks sharp, T!

#4053 7 years ago

Anybody here interested in my Mezel Mods Donut Heaven? It came with the pin when I bought it. I decided I wanted to have a more stock look, so I took it out. PM me if you're interested.

#4058 7 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

What do you guys think about Hairpin turn lights

Pretty cool. IMO, if I were to do them, I think I'd put the strip on the inside of the turn, to reduce to direct hit of the light. But that is cool, anyhow. Just my $.02.

#4066 7 years ago

I would recommend after the sanding to fill in low spots with sand able putty or drywall mud. Sand that. Then a light skin coat and sand again. I'd think any imperfections will show through, especially with all the solid black on this cabinet.

But to me your graphics look much better than mine. Mine are faded more than yours and I don't plan on doing it. I prefer the original, even though faded, screened graphic over the painted wood, instead of a vinyl graphic. IMO, I like that look and feel of it better.

#4071 7 years ago

...What he said. Sorry. Talking out of my@$$.

#4074 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I like the new avatar... Wilma!

Here's a better image. (Still topic related, cause there's a car in it. )

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u5.jpgmp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u5.jpg

#4097 7 years ago

Are the cabinet protectors meant to keep the legs from digging into the cabinet? I have wear from the leg edges cutting. I thought the plastic colored protectors might work better, as they fit over the legs instead of under. It seems like the metal under legs ones linked earlier would still allow the legs to dig into the finish. Thoughts and links?

#4104 7 years ago

Rookie move this afternoon: Had a good game going. In Red Line Mania and I must have got too excited about it and tilted on on ball 3 and a few extra balls. Game over. So my question is; what is a good average tilt setting? Is it X amount of inches gap? Where should I set it? Happy Thanksgivng, Pinheads!

#4112 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Bling is looking good!!
At first I wasn't sure about the green starter led but I mean there's already so much red that I kind of like the green contrast. Green means GO!

Even your flipper buttons are chromed! How did you get the legs and rails so shiny and polished?

#4132 7 years ago

What did you do for your pin today? Me? I added Comet slow blinks to the translight behind the helicopters, to simulate to the navigation lights. Also got some new pop bumper caps and some red Chrystal 5 LED bulbs under them.

#4134 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Shes coming home today!!

Very nice. It's like a Getaway LE!

#4224 7 years ago

Finally fixed my intermittent dead socket for the left #1 target. Took the board off and the connection pin looked funky. Heated it up and flowed some new solder in. Yes I should have cleaned the old out first but I wanted to see if this work work, thinking the least I do messing with it the better. Works now. Thanks for the tips, Speeders.

#4235 7 years ago

You are taking the lighting to a new level, Mr_Tantrum . Very nice!

#4277 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I did this yesterday, what a PITA!!! And that playfield is a whole LOT heavier than it looks!! Dropped the shifter assy, etc in the electrostatic, so all the hardware looks minty new again. Also clean, repaint black and add a carbon fiber wrap to the inside of the cab. Turned out pretty good! Full playfield teardown and shop next week... Planning to add some GI lights, and finally paint that big dumb chrome thing BLACK!

TheOnlyest tell me about the box fan. You added that, right? I don't have one. Where I think I need cooling is in the back box. Gets warm back there.

#4310 7 years ago

I'm working on some ideas for lighting mods. I have (3) Comet Matrix 4 SMD post lights (Natural White) to add under the two gauges and the speed limit sign. My plan is to also add a Matrix 10 SMD strips light (Purple) to the outer edge of the two gauges. With some fun tack or some sort of removable adhesive, I was going to place the strip on edge and shine it toward the RPM area of the playfield, mounting it on the level above the slings. I chose purple since the modded strip lights under the supercharger and in the ball drain trough are already purple (modded from previous owner). That's my plan for now. Unsolicited plug: Comet Pinball, http://www.cometpinball.com/, has been great to deal with.

#4312 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Hey guys, I'm getting a diverter error on the loop. Coil test shows diverter high works but nothing happens with diverter low. Has anyone had this type of error or suggestions?

Sounds similar to an issue I had. My problem was the opto on the entrance ramp was bad. A switch test determined which opto was not working. I replaced both the tax and rx opto just to be sure and the diverted error went away. You should also do a supercharger test.

#4316 7 years ago

I have two double spots that I took off the gauges. To me, I just didn't like them sticking up there. So I'm trying to come up with something less visible. YMMV.

#4318 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My main desire was to glow the orange in the center medallion and the 1-5 gear text. While a single spot doesn't seem to get in my way visually, I'm not so sure what a double would do. Also, I'm not sure that a non-direction LED strip would light up the areas I want.

Yea, I'm unsure of what it will look like. If I do it, I'll want it to be neat and not hack looking.

Side note: I forgot my parking pass for work and had to come back home to pick it up. Since it was just the dog and me, I decided to play for like 10 to 15 minutes before leaving for work again.

#4341 7 years ago

What did you do for your pin today? Me? I added lights under the turbo gauges. A Comet 4 SMD post light under each gauge, stuck on with fun tack. Also, a 7 LED strip light, in purple, stuck to the underside of the gauge, again with fun tack. Extended to Matrix wire, ran out under at the sling hole. Joined with a 2 to 1 coupler, and clipped them to a GA post. Overall happy with the results.

IMG_0064 (resized).JPGIMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0065 (resized).JPGIMG_0065 (resized).JPG

IMG_0070 (resized).JPGIMG_0070 (resized).JPG

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

IMG_0072 (resized).JPGIMG_0072 (resized).JPG

IMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPG

#4343 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice work. Me...I didn't even look at any of mine.

I worked on all of my games. How do you like Ghostbusters? I played one for about 20 minutes (and $3 dollars over 4 games) at a local brewery. I liked it but I couldn't get a feel for it.

#4345 7 years ago

More fun with Fun Tack. Added 3 cars from my Hot Wheels/Matchbox collection.

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG

#4349 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Now you went and done it... Crossed the line... Over the top... I prayed you wouldn't, but I knew it would happen eventually... And here we are... You have joined the ranks of the "guys who added a toy Ferrari to a Lamborghini themed game". AND a Deuce Coupe?! All your respect and credibility in this club has been removed sir, and I strongly suggest that you redeem yourself, STAT!!

OK. I have removed to offending Ferrari F50, but IMO, it looks very close to the Lamborghini. Especially in the back glass image.

Now, about the '32. The themed song for the game is "La Grange", released in 1973 from the ZZ Top "Tres Hombres" album. In March of 1983, ZZ Top released the "Eliminator" album which featured a certain customized '32 Ford Coupe. Now, The Getaway was released in February of 1982, a year before the '32 hit MTV and became forever associated with ZZ Top. So, I took a little artistic license and added a '32 that looks close to the Eliminator coupe.

So, can I have my Getaway Man Card back now?

IMG_0084 (resized).JPGIMG_0084 (resized).JPG

#4351 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Check your date on the Getaway release, as you are a decade early (1992, not 1982).
While I don't sit on the Supreme Court of Getaway judges, I accept your defense of the coupe given your cogent argument. Your.man card has been reinstated understanding that prosecution could appeal to a higher court.

Thank you. I feel vindicated. And so correcting the 1982 with the 1992 Getaway release, even more solidifies that the '32 Coupe should be granted inclusion in the game mods. I even found what appears to be a ZZ Top cover band image with a copy of my Matchbox Coupe, down to the flame job. (OK, that's a stretch.)

And I do have a period Matchbox Lamborghini Countach, but it's white, and so I didn't want to cross a white Lambo with a red one.

I do think about the theme, and how it will all tie in. Everyone makes mistakes. I used to part my hair in the middle in the early 80's.

6ed8c816bb2104bb88f97e4f33555fb2 (resized).jpg6ed8c816bb2104bb88f97e4f33555fb2 (resized).jpg

#4354 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You know, i reckon it's a Diablo

You're right. The roundish taillights vs. the trapezoid-ish ones. It's tough. They're all pretty close in style.

#4356 7 years ago

Don't know what you're saying. When I get a Lamborghini, I'm gonna paint it like this one.

IMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPG

#4357 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Selling a HS2, prototype, nice cabinet, leds, top side was shopped, $2600.

Is it listed in the Market? Link it so we can see it. There was someone on here not long ago looking for one.

#4359 7 years ago

Hey at least I didn't put in one that looks like my car.

IMG_0089 (resized).JPGIMG_0089 (resized).JPG

#4384 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

I like that idea. I think the theme song would need to change to "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide";

#4400 7 years ago

I sold my mountain to Tilt for about half that.

#4402 7 years ago

Mine was snow covered. I guess I didn't realize it was worth that much. TiltMonster you got a bargain. Hope you enjoy it.

#4406 7 years ago

True. I felt that I paid too much for my Getaway, $2,600. But compared to what others were selling for, it seemed like a deal, especially since it was already given an LED makeover and had the mountain and donut heaven mod included. I made some of it back by selling the mountain and the donut heaven. This isn't a cheap hobby, for sure. I'd like to get another one, but dropping $5 or $6K is some real money, in my mind and so a tough decision.

1 week later
#4455 7 years ago

That's beyond my skill set Grinder. Maybe Pull the batteries, ( loosing all game memory unfortunately ) pull the plug, let it sit for 10 minutes. And plug in and retry. Merry Christmas

#4456 7 years ago

Merry Christmas, Pinheads!

IMG_0289 (resized).PNGIMG_0289 (resized).PNG

#4458 7 years ago

I'm still at a loss on what to do. What you moved it did you plug in a different outlet? Restep what you last did to when it worked. Reseat connectors and boards. Go to main forum boards and start asking there in the tech forums.

#4482 7 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Can any of guys with a light up police car on the pf tell me what it's connected to? Mine came with a car already installed and it's tapped into the beacon wiring. The problem is when the beacon lights up, only a few lights on the roof of the car light up and stay on steady. I disconnected the car and touched the wires to a 9v battery and all the lights were flashing fine, so I'm guessing that's not the place for it to be connected.
Thanks!

I believe the beacon is on a 12 volt circuit.

#4521 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd be in but I have all keyless locks.....no kids.

I also have a keyless lock, but I already ordered one from the Aussie. I plan to use it as my car key ring.

#4522 7 years ago

The other day, I went to an arcade/gaming/comic book store. It's called Kidforce Collectibles in Berea, Ohio. They have like 15 games. I played most of them. I had to play the Getaway they had to see how it played vs. mine. It must have had the L2 chip in it where mine has the L5, because the guy playing it got to Secret Mania.

IMG_0308 (resized).JPGIMG_0308 (resized).JPG

#4524 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Secret Mania is in L5, have to move the shifter up and down when you see 3 cops at the donut heaven.

Got it. But when you go there, don't you feel like you're cheating, since Secret Mania is not part of the standard rule set?

#4525 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I also have a keyless lock, but I already ordered one from the Aussie. I plan to use it as my car key ring.

They shipped today. Brett included the other key ring at no charge.

IMG_0377 (resized).JPGIMG_0377 (resized).JPG

#4539 7 years ago

Grinder, I am by far and away not the expert on this subject but hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in. But to me it looks like those solder connections are pretty weak. I would consider cleaning them up but by cutting and retinning and making those three on the coil fresh again. And also while the solder gun is out, reflow solder on those other board connections. Could be cold solder joints. Looks like someone has been in there one other time and made sloppy connections. Again I'm no expert but I reflow a lighting board pin on an intermittent lamp issue and it works now.

#4578 7 years ago

My high score is just 83M. I know I suck at pinball but I want to try and get high scores with realistic settings, like ones that the game would be set for in the wild. I play three balls, with A.1.15 Special set to Extra Ball. Which MRI HS me to another related question; How can I get better? What am I missing? I just joined a league so I can get more exposure to different games but I know I will be at the bottom of the league in scoring but I think I'm gonna have fun playing.

#4594 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I keep seeing checkered flag flipper bat mod ads at the bottom of these pages. Not to disparage anyone who has them on their pin, but Getaway is not a racing themed game IMHO. Rather, it is a street driving/police chase game, so not sure how checkered flag works with the theme. However, this does beg the question of what bat mod would match the theme? Personally, I'm good with white bats and red bands (I do have a yellow on top right bat).

Agreed. They would work with Nascar, but not here. There is a certain member on this board that feels that pins should only be tastefully and minimally upgraded. I think white bats and and red rubbers are fine. Maybe red bats and black rubbers as an alternative?

#4597 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

There's more than 1 member that feels that way and personally I like minimal, tastefully done mods but modding is extremely subjective, do what makes you happy just realize when you try to sell your pin (if you ever do) it may limit the market or have a negative impact on the value. As for the flippers, black rubber has been used on the flippers, and the legs could have been either black legs or chrome legs... my pin came with black legs that I switched out to the chrome, either way it looks good.

Thanks for the reference photo. I've always wondered what a NIB Getaway would have looked like. This photo looks like the prototype, as the rpm decals are not on the inserts. I wonder if there are any new production pics out there to see as a reference to stock.

#4600 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

There's more than 1 member that feels that way and personally I like minimal, tastefully done mods but modding is extremely subjective, do what makes you happy just realize when you try to sell your pin (if you ever do) it may limit the market or have a negative impact on the value. As for the flippers, black rubber has been used on the flippers, and the legs could have been either black legs or chrome legs... my pin came with black legs that I switched out to the chrome, either way it looks good.

Interesting how the big pic shows white bats with black rubbers, but the traffic light exploded pic shows a white bat with a red rubber. Maybe the prototype had black rubbers and the production run switched to red?

#4605 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look at the supercharger ramp sign. The yellow and red lights are swapped (redline mania on left).

I'd also like to get 1 play for a quarter and 4 for a dollar today!

#4606 7 years ago

Paul, it looks like it's on fire on the inside, or like there's molten lava coming out of it!

#4612 7 years ago

Mr T are any of theee pics "before" pics? I can't see what the original issue was. Looks good now though.

#4621 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just got on the preorder list with Peter for his new Getaway pf. Was wondering who else is getting one.

Sounds like quite a project. Not one I'm willing to take on with my current skill set. Good luck!

#4631 7 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Posting on behalf of a mate.
Currently having supercharger problems. 1st opto was testing bad (would not respond with a ball passed through). Opto has now been replaced, and now the OPTO test page is saying opto 1 'bad' (other two showing 'closed').
Additionally, getting the test report message about switch 81 during test.
Any ideas one where to look next? Wire harnesses for the opto board have been removed and re-connected.
Thanks in advance!

swampy I will not be much help, but I had an opto problem as well. My error said supercharger error but it turned out to be the entrance ramp transmit opto. I put in a new opto receiver first and the issue was still there so I put a new transmitter in and that solved the problem. I'm not sure what switch 81 is but the switch test can help you find it. Others here may be able to help better or go to the tech forum and ask in the Williams subpages.

#4633 7 years ago

It's almost like you could build one from off the shelf parts. That would likely make it more than it's worth, but if I was going to do that, I'd probably do one that sells for more

#4636 7 years ago

Pinball in the wild! Went to the local Putt-Putt. Ghostbusters and Mustang were there. Mustang needed flipper maintenance and Ghostbusters tilt was set way too sensitive but still cool to find some games in the wild even if they aren't maintained they way they should be.

IMG_0419 (resized).JPGIMG_0419 (resized).JPG

IMG_0418 (resized).JPGIMG_0418 (resized).JPG

#4639 7 years ago

Mr T, my burning question is how did you take the play field bolts out? When you lift the play field up and lock it vertically, it's resting on a bolt that you need to remove. The reason I ask for this detail is because I am still having a PITA time when I have to lift the play field up and lock it vertically. My brackets are bent and they get jammed on the play field rails.

Lots of work still ahead of you. Good luck and keep the patience going. It's gonna look nice. My cabinet is pinked out but this is a project I'm not ready to tackle anytime soon.

#4664 7 years ago

Will it have the Hot Doughnuts Now light? Agreed that the Krispy Kreme design is better than the Dunkin design. Cause original glazed are the best. On a design note; is there any way to get those swoops over the words like KK does? I think that would nail the logo if you could do that.

#4668 7 years ago

Should the cop cars be parked there? Maybe not. Might be too busy.

#4669 7 years ago

Who am I to criticize. This looks 1000 times better than what I could do. I like it.

#4675 7 years ago

Best doughnut for the best pin. Cool...I mean HOT!

#4678 7 years ago

I dig it. I'll buy one. I can do PayPal. PM me details.

And I like your change on the type of customers. They look more like cops instead of a family.

#4688 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think its weird that its "Donut Heaven" and "Hot Donuts Now" but the logo is spelled "Doughnuts".

He does have a point. The same would go for a restaurant that serves smoked meats have the words Barbecue, Barbeque, Bar-B-Q, and BBQ on various signage throughout the place.

I think what Mr. T may have struggled with was that Krispy Kreme spells it doughnut, while Donut Heaven spells it donut.

#4690 7 years ago

How about "ORIGINAL GLAZED" under Donut Heaven?

IMG_0438 (resized).JPGIMG_0438 (resized).JPG

#4692 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Too many letters to look right.
I'm kind of liking "EMPORIUM" that I just came up with, thoughts?

ALWAYS OPEN

#4695 7 years ago

GLAZED & HOT reminds me of a girl I used to know, but that's a different subject. If ORIGINAL GLAZED doesn't fit, then I vote ALWAYS OPEN.

#4697 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

#3 or #4 for me. Nice work as always.

Agree. FRESH GLAZED or HOT GLAZED is good too. All good.

#4700 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I thought that the ball lock was supposed to be the hideout?
These do look really good though.

You are correct;
"Hideout
This is the small house on the right side of the game, above the playfield, where locked balls are stored. When Multiball begins, any balls here are fed into the Right Inlane, and others are fired from the auto-plunger."

Somebody at sometime associated it with the Donut Heaven image that comes up on the DMD, so it seems to have stuck.

#4706 7 years ago

I like it! I'm glad the cops were hiding out last night after my pinball league. I made it home in record time.

#4710 7 years ago

I think it's cool, Mr. T. KK, to me is the definitive donut store, in America. DD is 2nd for sure. Tim Horton is really good too, but I think only available to our Canadian friends. Have no idea what a country outside of the US would be, if any.

#4713 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Tim Hortons is the king around Western New York, put a lot of DD out of business. Krispy Kreme stores are also gone.

Enjoyed TH when we we visited Niagara Falls. I could see how they beat DD.

#4715 7 years ago

Now I want a few Hot Original Glazed Krispy Kremes.

#4719 7 years ago

Besides the obvious like Marco, I wouldn't know where to look. But it is just a bent piece of stainless steel. You could fab one pretty easily I'd think. Someone with a machine shop or just a good set of tools could make one.

#4721 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can help with that.

Take one look at me and you'll know that I've been there a few times. And the cool thing also is that there are three places along the way to Krispy Kreme to play pinball.

#4726 7 years ago

You could put up a Wanted ad in the Marketplace.

#4739 7 years ago

You know Mr_Tantrum after looking at that "hideaway" metal from MJW , I'm wondering if the two cutouts would line up with the windows in your Donut Heaven graphic? If so, I then wonder if I were to put a light strip under it, would the light pass through the graphic and appear to light up the Donut Heaven shop? AND, if that would look right, I would connect that light strip to the Lock lamp, so that when the Lock lamp is lit, the Donut Heaven light would come on inside the Donut Heaven shop. Would be pretty cool if that were to work out. Thoughts?

EDIT: After looking at both side by side, they don't appear to line up. I might put it in there anyway just to see how it would look, and mask the inside if light comes through where it shouldn't.

#4743 7 years ago

I like your design better than that other one.

#4761 7 years ago

Could be a cold solder joint. Reflowing solder on there might bring it back. That worked for one of my intermittent lamps.

#4809 7 years ago

I waxed them today!

IMG_0463 (resized).JPGIMG_0463 (resized).JPG

#4811 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Do I need to solder them or can I just twist the wires together and put a nut on it?

A wire nut twisted on will work. A butt connector crimped on is a better and more permanent connection.

#4837 7 years ago

Welcome simplykind . Lots of info here like Mr. T said. The folks here helped me work through various issues I've had. But it sounds like you already know what you're doing.

#4838 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I waxed them today!

Today was the first time I got to play after cleaning and waxing the play field. It was fast before but it's lighting fast now. And my play field even has some raised inserts that slow things down. I had lots of airtime today. And multi ball is just a frenzy. Do yourself a favor; clean those rubbers, clean that play field grime. Wax it and the balls. You'll be happy with the effort.

#4856 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm in the middle of a full teardown shop with mine, and I painted all that metal back there textured flat black to make it all disappear. I also finally painted that big dumb chrome thing over the SC ramp, and made my own blades from black carbon fiber wrap. So far i'm super excited with the way it's looking! I am also using all black oxide stainless hardware and changing all 3 bats to black as finishing touches.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#4866 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I will post pics when its done, about another week. I too am working on a special mod that i'm sure you guys will dig, no clues, but its not a mountain.

Does the mod keep me from draining the ball; cause I'd buy that.

#4874 7 years ago

So Mr_Tantrum sent me these three stickers for a very minimal charge. They didn't make my gameplay any better, but they look great none the less. Thanks, Mr. T. This project called for a brew or two to get through.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

IMG_0517 (resized).JPGIMG_0517 (resized).JPG

IMG_0518 (resized).JPGIMG_0518 (resized).JPG

IMG_0519 (resized).JPGIMG_0519 (resized).JPG

IMG_0520 (resized).JPGIMG_0520 (resized).JPG

IMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).JPG

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
496 posts in this topic match your search for posts by charger500. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charger500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.