• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bones82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6761 6 years ago

So I'm totally new at posting on this site and new in the world of pinball. I bought a HSII about a month ago and have been going through cleaning and fixing flippers, kickback, supercharger, etc. I'm getting an eject hole error 77. The coil works, but the game does not recognize the ball being in the eject hole, so no animations, video mode, extra ball, etc. the ball there until the game cycles through the solenoids and kicks it out. Thoughts on where I should start to get this fixed? What should it look like? The switches appear oos from Marco, Mr Pinball.
Also, the ball will occasionally get stuck just past the down ramp. The ramp seems to be high enough. Is that just a leveling issue?
TIA

#6765 6 years ago

Thanks for the picture and for all the suggestions. They really helped. With switch testing, it worked, and it was high enough, but I found out the kicker attached to the coil was too high so the ball couldn't reach the switch. Under the play field I found it disconnected forward so that it would still fire. Once I got it reattached it all works fine.

Re: the other issue, it's only when the ball isn't hit hard enough to make it all the way around the loop. Switch is working. I'll work on adjusting the height.

I don't want to keep posting issues, but want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid. I ran a solenoid test and the mars lamp wants to turn, but can't initiate. One in ten might go okay. If you nudge it, it will rotate fine. I think unrelated, but at the same time the opto switch to my supercharger now only intermittently works. Switch testing also only has if intermittently working. There's lots of posts on opto switches here, but do you suspect it to be a loose wire or cold solder? Am I burning out the mars lamp if it isn't able to rotate? (It worked a week ago)

#6771 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for your advice. Re: the mars lamp, it stopped turning once I replaced the burnt out bulb. I used the 1156 brake light from an auto store. Once installed, there's not enough juice to light the light and turn the motor. I tested with both the new light in or out. Do you think an LED light would work? (It's a 2-pack for $20 at the auto store so thought I'd ask before I buy) or, is there a different light you all use?

#6773 6 years ago

Motor tries to turn. I had a video but can't upload. It tries to turn, and is loud. Sometimes it works. Searching through the forum, I found something from a few years ago about rebuilding the motor, with a similar issue from Steve1515. I'm going to check to see if the light socket is shorting out also. Looks like I have a weekend project! (Or may be in the market for a new motor)

#6776 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to remove the resistor board from the backbox and check the solder joints for cracks and reflow as needed.

When you mention resistor board, on this case it's the same as the triac driver board, correct?

#6799 6 years ago

So I thought I fixed the ball eject assembly but what I'm finding is the spring plate keeps becoming disconnected from the eject cam assembly, pushing the tip of the eject assembly higher so the ball can't hit the switch. The pin connecting the two is fairly loose. I didn't see any hairpin to keep it attached. I tried to attach pictures that shows the pin. The eject cam attaches on the opposite side. Thoughts?

IMG_1461 (resized).JPGIMG_1461 (resized).JPG

#6800 6 years ago

Here is another picture showing the pin on the right and eject cam on left. You can see the hole slightly in the cam on the left that it goes into, but it keeps coming apart. I can't see a way to tighten the pin and nothing seems broken.

Thanks for your help

IMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPG

#6804 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice and ideas. I'll look to repair and peen vs bushing. If not, replace

4 months later
#7446 6 years ago

I'm super excited. Bought leds for my getaway. Will be very tame compared to some on the forum. Thx everyone for the charts on 555s and 44s, etc. It was super helpful. That, and I'm still working on that eject hole and bought the last part I need to replace from flippers(Marco out of stock for months) here's hoping that gets it working!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bones82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=bones82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.