• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12322 1 year ago

We’re joining the Getaway club. Picked one up a few weeks ago that had been in a family’s basement for 15-20 years. Playfield is looking great after cleaning/waxing and cabinet is in pretty good shape too. I had to fix the supercharger so it would stop melting transistors off the board and cleaned the goo out of the diverter so it would move faster than a snail and now we have speed tests in the 80s. I’m replacing coils and sleeves as time permits. Little by little she’s coming along and looking beautiful.
While I’m at it I want to touch up the black on the cabinet. What black is a good match for touch ups? Satin? Semi gloss? Brand? I’ve searched through the forums but am not finding the answer.

#12324 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have the perfect paint, but not at home right now to see exactly what it is (I think a black gloss in a can that is brush applied). I thought I've posted it in this thread before, but can't seem to find it. Unfortunately, I won't be home for a couple of days, but if I remember I'll post when I can. I do remember I bought it at Lowe's or Home Depot in a quart can.
UPDATE:
Just searched through all of my PMs and found it - bought it at Lowes.
[quoted image]

Perfect! Thank you for digging it up.

Also, Donut Heaven is in and looks so good. I think it’s my boys’ favorite thing in the game. Thank you!

BC240297-F182-4E98-BF77-830F4BC1E1DF (resized).jpegBC240297-F182-4E98-BF77-830F4BC1E1DF (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12332 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Cool, thx. I was hoping to get a head start. I’ll start reviewing the forum.

Welcome to the club! Newbie here too.

There is so much good info here. Also go to the Getaway game page here on Pinside and scroll way down to the videos. There is a supercharger repair video by the Pinball Evangelist that is extremely informative and a great way to learn about the mechanics of the supercharger. I found it to be a great jumping off point.

1 week later
#12370 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Finally received my game and I was able to fix the super charger the same day. I got the ball spinning to 92 on the SC speed test. The middle opto was out, the track needed cleaning, a touch of 3in1 and added new balls

Nice! It’s so satisfying watching the ball fly around the track and the repair is almost as much fun as the pin. Enjoy the game!

I second the pinball life art blade protectors that ktcoady12 posted above. Mine have been great.

Now I just need to find some apron cards and a deal on a color dmd… the project continues…

1 week later
#12410 1 year ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Hello again everyone. I've got a significant request for the GI on my HS2 build. So, if it is too much, feel free to ignore it.
I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to run the GI test on their machine and take a couple of pictures of the playfield with individual playfield strings on full (8). I think this will be an easier way to determine what lamps are wired to which strings.
Your help is appreciated!

I took a couple of pictures with the glass on but the glare is terrible. I am pulling the glass later today or tomorrow to change a few coils and will take pics then if someone hasn’t already beaten me to it.

1 month later
#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone gone with orange rings/posts on their Getaway? I'm about to start on my playfield swap (we'll, a local pinball friend will be taking the lead), and I'm thinking orange would look really good and go with the orange on the plastics & playfield. If you have done orange rings/flipper rubbers, can you please post some pics?

I just saw this one the other day on the market done in orange and yellow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139891

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks, that's a really clean game. Not exactly what I'm thinking of doing, but the orange posts and flipper rubbers do give me a good visual. My plan is to go with clear posts and orange rings/rubbers.
I've done red posts with clear rings and clear posts with red rings in the past, and just looking for something that pops a little more with the new playfield. The oranges in this game look great IMO, so I'm thinking the orange bands would really add to the look.

I was surprised that the orange/yellow looks great. My original inclination was to detract from the neon orange and go with the primary colors in the playfield but leaning into the orange gives it a whole different feel. Almost like racing though a construction site dodging barrels.

6 months later
#13091 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I saw an Easter Egg for Getaway here for the first time: https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Easter%20Eggs/CowsEaster.htm
"Hello World: With the ball in the shooter lane, press the following sequence: 3L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 3L, 2R"
However, when I try it nothing happens (running L2). Does this do anything for anyone else?

Here’s the one we have. It starts the sequence with both flippers for Hello World. We’re on L1

IMG_1627 (resized).pngIMG_1627 (resized).png
#13092 10 months ago

Hello World definitely works for us. I don’t remember if the other ones listed in this image did.

#13095 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

It didn't work for me either on L2

Did you use the sequence from Mr Tantrum but starting with both flippers and right after starting a game before plunging? The sequence is: Both, 3L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 3L, 2R.

#13099 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I just tried these and they all worked, and I had to do it with the first ball of a new game in the shooter lane.
[quoted image]

I tried them on mine tonight and they all worked on L-1, too. It was a real bummer I had to squeeze in a few games tonight.

Is “Xaqery” Dwight Sullivan?

Side note: I got my apron cards that you made all installed and they look great! Thanks!

9 months later
#13798 8 days ago
Quoted from playcubeman:

Hello, on a friend's pinball machine. The ball if arriving fast passes above the rod to lock mutliball.All works well at calm speed.
What should you see?

We had that recently on ours. For our machine there was too much sideways play on the up post that stops the ball. The post would lean to the side enough to let the ball through.
All I had to do on mine was tighten the coil bracket under the playfield. I had also seen a suggestion to take a square of rigid plastic and drill a hole through it to act as a guide. See below quote:

Quoted from golfergordy:

Here are pics regarding my previous post on my fix for the problem with the disappearing post. The piece of interest in the pics is the brown piece of what I called plastic in my previous post, as well as here (but I don't think it's really plastic). In one pic showing the entire disappearing post (DP) coil assembly mounted in its correct position, see the 1/8" thick piece of plastic squeezed between the end of the coil ass'y stop bracket and the underside of the pf. Another pic shows this piece closeup. The other 2-pics show the coil & mounting bracket ass'y removed from the pf underside, and shows the brown square plastic piece which is glued to the outer end of the coil ass'y stop bracket. The hole in the plastic is of smaller diameter than the hole in the stop bracket, and therefore reduces the amount of horizontal wiggle in the post as it travels up & down. Prior to installing this piece of plastic, the DP used to rub against something as it traveled up & down and would often hang up and not travel far enough, but inserting the plastic piece reduced the DP's amount of horizontal wiggle which eliminated the hanging up of the post, and it has worked flawlessly ever since (2-years).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boilerup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=boilerup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.