• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajnin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3306 7 years ago

Added my first decal to my machine. this is just the start. Next thing is new speakers!

getaway 1st mod (resized).jpggetaway 1st mod (resized).jpg

#3327 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Having seen the new "hair pin" turn decal, I decided to create one myself (with my own flare on it, of course). As always, I am happy to share the artwork (Photoshop & PDF files), so please feel free to download and make your own: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

I like your better. The arrow looks nice!

#3353 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Now you see why on location operators would put in a screw, some other post, or some rubber bands... just to keep earning. That's why some of us could afford to buy these machines, because they needed the TLC but now a days it's crazy on the pricing. I'm still looking for my 3rd pin to complete my collection but I like to fix them as much as I like to play them. I'm glad you were able to get back up and running!
On a side note, I've decided that I like the yellow hairpin sign more than the orange, the color balances out the stop light and it's more visible during play. Thank you for taking the time to make the other color options.

I think it does also. I did not notice how well it balances the table until it was installed. that was a bonus side effect.

#3421 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Played around a bit and made a new plastic from Mr T's decal work, thanks again for spending time creating those images, I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it or not but here it goes....
This Time We're Going To Nail That Dirtbag!
Before

After

Nice work!!!

#3456 7 years ago

What is the right way the ball should flow. Currently mine follows the RED lines. If I do not use the top flipper the ball with go right down the middle.

On another machine I played the top flipper was set out a fraction so the ball would always hit it and then land onyour bottom left fillper see the GREEN lines

what was is factory ? I dont like the red lines cause when I get multiball if I am not careful they go down the middle to easy

getaway ball map (resized).pnggetaway ball map (resized).png

#3510 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, no more excuses. I've designed a themed graphic for a plastic above the targets to the right of the ramp. Artwork is available for free to anyone who wants it on my download site: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball (of course you will need to make your own plastic/Lexan plate, but pretty simple when using my template). Take a look at the pics below for how it came out (btw, my right post is broken which is why I don't have that side screwed in yet). Enjoy!

Thank you.. this is spot on!! I am going to have to get one made up.

1 week later
#3698 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mine hits the right flipper 100% unless the upper flipper is out of whack which will cause it to make contact and kick out. Perhaps check the level but it should go around the loop and hit the right flipper....
See the manual page V
Right flipper loop should return ball to the right flipper, left flipper loop returns ball to the left flipper.
EDIT: I see your issue is launching but it's the same loop and should return to right flipper unless you flip the upper one. see page I

It was the flipper. I adjusted it and now when I launch the ball its 100% fine. Thanks for the tip. I am guessing that the Right flipper loop has a little more speed than the launcher and thats why it did not happen when using the flipper..

anyways all fixed now.. Thanks!!

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now that I have some extra Lexan laying around, I was thinking about making my own replacement supercharger entrance plastic (you know the support one that seems to break on everyone's pin). Since my original was broken, and I can find a full scale image on the web in my brief searching, can someone please scan theirs in hi quality and post/email to me? Don't worry about colors or anything, as I just want to use the template to know how to shape my plastic and where to drill all the holes.

did anyone do this ? if not I can do it in the morning.

1 week later
#3932 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

2 even TOLD me "it's me or the Mustang, which will it be"!!!!! My Mustang will be celebrating it's 47th Birthday next May 1st.

Respect!!!

1 month later
#4382 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We are proud to announce that we are now starting a re-run on Getaway re-pro playfields.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Has anyone on this site got one of these ? I am super keen but would like to talk to someone who purchased one Getaway or other in the past

2 weeks later
#4553 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

HAHAHA thats the best idea

#4554 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You could make a Rat Rod Getaway with the old one.

HAHAHA thats the best idea

Quoted from Mancave:Yeah i bought one from the first run and they are AWESOME in my eyes, see the pics and post here >>>
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/22#post-260
I do want to say this though, i have seen comments about repro playfields, not just The Getaway one's. It's a very subjective topic and people have different expectations and are also very different in their judgements. Let's put it in a question format!
Q1. Are repro's as good or accurate to the originals? A1. Many original playfields came out of the factory with faults!
Q2. How tough was Diamond Coat? A2. Clear coating is probably more advanced than it was back in 91/92!
Q3. Do i really know what i'm talking about? A3. Probably not BUT i was really happy with my repro playfield (leads me back to the subjective comment)

Thanks for the details. I Just put my order in. Lets see what happens

1 month later
#5219 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was recently turned onto the idea of custom coin reject button inserts.....

Dude they look great. Thanks again for adding to your site. I have 3 coin slots on my. I think I will use 2 of these.. one on the left nad one of hte right. the center will still have the value.. ill up a picture once done

1 month later
#5657 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You gave me an inferiority complex by letting me know you were going to keep one of your originals.
Maybe show me a little love by using one of my new designs for 3rd coin reject?
All in jest, of course. By all means do whatever you want to, but hopefully this is a small thing that can easily give a personal touch to several Getaway pins.

hehe I will now using your petrol pump / gas pump icon for my middle coin slot!

I have been using standard paper. is there something you recommend printing these on ?

5 months later
#6738 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Had a friend with black filament print me a copy. Looks awesome, and works great. Anyone interested in my white one?

Looks good much better than the white!!

2 months later
#6874 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Hey guys, I finally got my project Get Away completed! This was a complete restoration and I also got almost every mods out there for it. Thanks again to Mr_Tantrum for some of his custom stickers and Pin sound contribution. This was one crazy project! Even managed to get an invisiglass for it.

Your getaway kicks ass!!! Nice job!!

5 months later
#7793 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Well, joining the club. Thanks to Wes rebelguitars
Trading my pimped out Wolverine for a pimped out Getaway that he just picked up. Chrome everywhere. Newly redone cabinet. Lots of upgrades. Can't wait to get it within the next couple of weeks.
I'd never played a Getaway until SFGE last summer. Played more Getaway than anything else there because there were like 3 there and was the easiest to play without waiting. I realized then that there is a HUGE difference in the amount of fun that can be had on this pin if one is in excellent condition vs. average. I've been on the lookout for a nice one since. Wasn't planning on one this nice, but what the heck. You only live once.
Video: » YouTube video

there is so much to like on this pinball!!! amazing!

5 months later
#8482 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look what showed up in this week’s Better Caul Saul.
[quoted image]

Not sure how I missed that!!! nice spot!

1 week later
#8524 5 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

Hi, I have been on the forum for a short time and I am impressed by the things you do with your machines. I am glad that there are so many fans of this machine that is underrated in the rankings. I love The Getaway, it's my youth machine where I spent hours in the gamerooms losing all my pocket money . It once seemed unreal in Poland but now I have my own machine at home. I worked on it a bit, it does not equal many presented on the forum, but I'm proud of it anyway. Attached a few photos.

Dude your Getaway looks really good! love the shifter and the carbon fiber!! very nice!

1 month later
#8795 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Shout out to Mr T and OlliG on the traffic light mod... Mr T made a few different lights for me so here are a few pics. He reduced the lens shade size on these 2 versions and there is one pic of his coin door decal that I did not install because I have some fade on the front end and may replace the art work so until I do, I'm posting this so others can se how great it may look on their pins. An original light posted for point of reference,

Is that the mezelmods.com mountian ? I really like what you did to the top of it.

Also I REALLY like the bricks decal on the post holding up the supercharger ramp. Is that custom or can you purchase somewhere ?

#8811 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My wife just designed and 3D printed her version of the donut heaven mod. I was blown away how great it came out. It matches the DMD graphic perfectly!

Very nice!!!

2 weeks later
#8850 5 years ago

If anyone cares, I have uploaded a youtube video of a 90's techno mix for getaway HS2 with pinsound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=WvGx2u-lVmc My unit has the pinsound speakers and sub also.

Thanks to Mr_Tantrum for his crazy good mixes!!

once I get it tweeked I will upload it if anyone wants it

#8851 5 years ago

Also i have been successful in converting my flippers from leaf switch to optical boards on HS2. I had some issues on the right side and for now have needed to remove the spring metal, on the right flipper. It works 100% and if your like me and like that nice opto feel you can do it quite easy. All the details are in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards

free free to ask me any questions

you can see the right flipper button with issue, then without and then left flipper button.

20181215_202950 (resized).jpg20181215_202950 (resized).jpg20181215_205941 (resized).jpg20181215_205941 (resized).jpg20181215_203013 (resized).jpg20181215_203013 (resized).jpg

#8853 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome! I love seeing/hearing new mixes - really keeps the game fresh. Please post to the PinSound forum and advertise here when ready.

will do. Once I have fished the tweaks and song selections.

1 week later
#8878 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome! I love seeing/hearing new mixes - really keeps the game fresh. Please post to the PinSound forum and advertise here when ready.

I have uploaded it. Its now pending approval. I will let you know once done

#8884 5 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I had one, but it wasn't a keeper for me. Still got the plate though.

That is great!!!

#8885 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Merry Christmas fellow Lambo drivers, have a great day and drive recklessly

Thanks you too... I only had a few choppers following me

8 months later
#9809 4 years ago

I was playing my getaway today, and this part dropped onto the play field. Right in front of the rear ramp. I can not work out where it goes ? can anyone please let me know ?

getaway005 (resized).jpggetaway005 (resized).jpg
#9811 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That's a piece of the turbo encablulator. It's similar to to an actual automotive component, explained here:

HAHA kind of feel like I am watching Star Trek

#9812 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thus far I've taken about 3 passes at the shaker programming. At this point, I'd say I'm about 60% done. Assigning actions to sounds is easy, getting the right shaker motion, duration, etc. for each event takes time to do it right. I'm trying to not overdo things by shaking the entire house on every event, but at the same time not underdo them either. Looking for a good balance of varying shaker motions on key gameplay events.
I must say that so far, I'm loving the shaker. It adds a new tactile element to the game and you can always switch to a non-shaker orchestration whenever you don't want the shaker experience. Had some real-life issues come up today, so probably wont get back to things until later today or sometime later in the 3 day weekend, but I'll keep the group updated.
At this point, I definitely see and feel the potential, and would 100% recommend the shaker to everyone who is considering it for Getaway.

I took your advise on the pinsound and I am going to do the same with this. I think it would be really cool, to have shaker going crazy while in the SC loop, and when running a red light, and red line mania... yep this will be cool !!

#9815 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

The piece goes over the opto on the ramp

Thank you

1 month later
#9900 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

The piece goes over the opto on the ramp

Yo, sorry man can you post a picture ? I have look at all the opto on the Ramp and it does not seem to fit. Its doing my head in

1 week later
#9911 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Did my first mod on the Getaway. total spent was about $8. kept the old pop covers incase I want to revert to stock. I need to get the bright pop bumper lights now.
[quoted image]
I didnt lose the pop bumper screw, it was missing when I bought the pin. Its on my list of things to buy.

I have been thinking of doign this. Looks great I think

#9912 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I googled this image for you. Does Google not work on your computer?
[quoted image]

Thanks... your google-fu is much stronger than mine. At least you did not https://lmgtfy.com/ link me!!

1 week later
#9961 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Today's Initial Mountain Order Update
All of the mountains are painted and clear coated. Just waiting for paint to dry for a few hours, then I'll install lighting and they are ready to ship as soon as the clear plastics arrive. FYI, clear is still wet in these photos, but will dry to a satin finish.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. I got mine and installed it. It's a tight fit but no problems. Looks great. Really adds something to the machine. Thank you @mr_tantrum

20191102_115436 (resized).jpg20191102_115436 (resized).jpg20191102_115619 (resized).jpg20191102_115619 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9970 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum I also just installed my Pinsound Shaker for HS2. It was plug and play. I made some silly mistakes installing it. Like I mounted it too far forward and the door would not close, then I mounted it upside down. The end product is great. it was a simple install and no programming required. The integration is spot on. It's not overdone, nice work on putting that together!!

20191109_131459 (resized).jpg20191109_131459 (resized).jpg20191109_134101 (resized).jpg20191109_134101 (resized).jpg20191109_150700 (resized).jpg20191109_150700 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#10464 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I wasn't planning on uploading my other 3 sound packages to the PinSound site because I figure Timothee and Nicolas are getting tired of all the HS2 submissions. However I received a couple PM requests after all these posts today so here goes:
V2 is my orchestration using Rob Zombie's "More Human Than Human" as the main theme and Rammstein as everything else. Make sure the kids are in bed when you get to the ball lock music. "More Human Than Human" can be heard here:
V3 is my orchestration that features the music of Joe Satriani. I'm using a few versions of "Summer Song" as the main theme, which can be heard here:
V4 is my orchestration featuring all the music from Total Nuclear Annihilation. I have this pin and really love the music. I used a few versions of "Heat Exchanger" as the main theme:
All of my sound packages are instrumentals, as my preference is to just hear the music and let the pin's callouts provide any vocal elements. If this isn't your thing, you might want to skip my V2 sound package. I also did a bit of work on the SFX and Vocal sounds on all of these as well, similar to what I've done before on my V1 and V5 packages.
I just uploaded these and they haven't made it to the main download page yet. If you want to give them a try you'll have to get them from the forum site: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/. Send me a PM and let me know what you think if you give them a try. Thanks!

I gave the Total Nuclear Annihilation mix a go, its really good. Check out the short video of me playing Total Nuclear Annihilation mix on Youtube -

Thanks for the cool mix

2 weeks later
#10535 4 years ago

Thank you to Mr_Tantrum for shipping the mountain mod to Australia. Here are a few pictures. It's one of the best Mods. Even non pinball people who have played my machine comment "is that new looks cool"

Also, it installed quite easily. I had no problems and I am totally happy with it! Very high quality

20200405_110602 (resized).jpg20200405_110602 (resized).jpg20200405_110614 (resized).jpg20200405_110614 (resized).jpg20200405_110624 (resized).jpg20200405_110624 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10671 3 years ago

I finally installed my Pinduino. Thanks to lyonsden for shipping the unit and Mr_Tantrum for his getaway code. Its looks fantastic. I got the DIY kit and its fairly easy if you can solder a little bit.

20200607_142030 (resized).jpg20200607_142030 (resized).jpg
#10673 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Joined the club today. Needs a little TLC but nice example.

Welcome to the club

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ajnin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=ajnin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.